Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMO ever...

Would be if Nintendo just realised that people want to play a Pokemon MMO.

Always boggled me mind why they haven't.

Why not make one and dominate the entire world with it?

Amirite?

Comments

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

And pigs can fly..! They will never rest the reputation of their super popular series as an mmo.. it is too risky, DaoC and EQ jumped in to the water and made a huge wave, WoW was waiting with a surfboard.. everyone else is bobbing up and down on the ripples. Metaphor aside, Great idea -- I just can't see it. 

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Best MMO ever will be a working version of Shadowbane (SB2).

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

Originally posted by BrokenSpoon

And pigs can fly..! They will never rest the reputation of their super popular series as an mmo.. it is too risky, DaoC and EQ jumped in to the water and made a huge wave, WoW was waiting with a surfboard.. everyone else is bobbing up and down on the ripples. Metaphor aside, Great idea -- I just can't see it. 

omg .. this is the best sentece i've read for a long time

it's exactly how i think it is too ^^

OT: idea ... fuck yea ... but srsly, don't do it. Don't ruin my child dream :P

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93

If Pokemon came out as an mmorpg, it would take over the world!

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

DaoC and EQ jumped in to the water and made a huge wave, WoW was waiting with a surfboard.. everyone else is bobbing up and down on the ripples. Metaphor aside, Great idea -- I just can't see it. 

What an excellent metaphor, too.

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156

Asheron's Call 3 :)

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Yeah, can you imagine a Nintendo MMO? You'd have to swap friend codes or some shit to see other people, I bet.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Originally posted by Valua

Amirite?

I grew up with G.I. Joe / He-Man. Pokemon, IMO, just looks too sassy!

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by Dibdabs

DaoC and EQ jumped in to the water and made a huge wave, WoW was waiting with a surfboard.. everyone else is bobbing up and down on the ripples. Metaphor aside, Great idea -- I just can't see it. 

What an excellent metaphor, too.

I second this.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Theres a Digimon MMO already, same shit, different skin.

Also F2P.

The Clangers Online!

I am placing all my hopes in this MMO! Already looks better that Star Wars! 

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Too late.  There's going to be Pokemon-style minigame for companion pets in WoW:MoP.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

I might have taken Daoc out and put UO in there insted but very good metaphor on the genre.

I understand the reason why UO would replace Daoc due to popularity alone..  :D But for me I played a bit of Daoc and a lot of EQ. I infact missed out on UO all together.. 

So in MMO's yes, UO leaped and EQ caught it up and they both made a huge splash.. but Daoc still lives in my memory for the most fun PvP experience in an MMO to date :P 

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

I understand the reason why UO would replace Daoc due to popularity alone..  :D But for me I played a bit of Daoc and a lot of EQ. I infact missed out on UO all together.. 

So in MMO's yes, UO leaped and EQ caught it up and they both made a huge splash.. but Daoc still lives in my memory for the most fun PvP experience in an MMO to date :P 

Well i was late to the MMO party. i missed EQUO altogether and wasent a fan of EvE. dont like the space stuff. My MMO life started with Ragnarok then moved to WoW to VG to WAR to EQ2 to LotRo to RIft. Out of the lot my love is Vanguard. So i understand what your saying when you list DAoC. I gauge every game i play to VG and they never measure up.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

... but Daoc still lives in my memory for the most fun PvP experience in an MMO to date :P 

Amen! It was also the best community I've ever experienced in an MMO...Albion in Guinevere, I miss you and my Theurgist.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by mmoDAD

Amirite?

I grew up with G.I. Joe / He-Man. Pokemon, IMO, just looks too sassy!

You must be 30! I grew up with pokemon and my bro grew up with gijoe. Pokemon mmo would be pretty sick and I wouldn't mind playing. Capsule pokemon! All pokemon are caught at random and you must purchase them in the capsule shop. Caterpie and Metapod!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

I grew up with he-man and transformers, pokemon just looks too girlie. it would have never been popular in the 80's.

• midmagicmidmagic Member Posts: 614

Amirite?

I'm sure Lego (and Lego fans) thought the same thing. IP isn't a good indicator of longevity.

Forever looking for employment. Life is rather dull without it.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I'm a little old to have been in the Pokemon generation, so I'd have to say that while it would be great for those younger than I, I'd have no reason to play it.  That might force me into playing MMOs by myself, though, so there's a chance I might be sucked in...

As far as Nintendo releasing it, it would have to be a box version only, no digital download.  Not a Nintendo game if it doesn't come with some sort of cartridge to blow in to make it work.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Here is my idea!

When I grew up we had sandboxes and had to make our own fun...Bring back full sandbox MMOs. Just keep the cats out of it!

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Thorbrand

Here is my idea!

When I grew up we had sandboxes and had to make our own fun...Bring back full sandbox MMOs. Just keep the cats out of it!

But Thor, that's part of the fun of sandboxes - the random turd in the pristine sand was always such a discovery!

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Dangermouse and count duckula hybrid.

I loved the sort of dark comedy about the themes, settings and art style, like dark and depressing lol.

But then,... an Only Fools & Horses MMO (gangster, trading, wealth building, etc) lol.

...so many different ideas people could make into a MMO, but it's always ame crap each year. So i can't rely on the complete imbeciles that grandstand as 'devs' in todays market, which is why i'm going to have fun trying to make something myself.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Originally posted by Thorbrand

Here is my idea!

But Thor, that's part of the fun of sandboxes - the random turd in the pristine sand was always such a discovery!

The good old days!

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

Achaea is the best mmo ever in my opinion, fits the role of everything an open world, player driven game should be. Its a MUD but it can be really fun if you make friends and get involved in city and guild politics. Can go ship sailing and deep sea diving, tailor your own custom clothes, decapitate the head from your enemies corpse and pike their head on the side of the road. Muhaha.