Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Give Us Your Feedback!

AllodsOnlineAllodsOnline Allods Online Community ManagerMember Posts: 19

Hello MMORPG community!

My name is PioPico and I am one of the community managers for Allods Online. I want to reach out to you guys, and I will help be a resource to answer any questions about the game. Since the game's release back in April 2011, Allods Online has made many positive changes to its gameplay to provide you with a more pleasurable gaming experience for new and veteran players alike.  Besides replying to your forum threads, feel free to also ask me anything here and I will be more than happy to reply back to you!

-PioPico
Allods Online Community Manager

Comments

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Allods : One of the best train wrecks of an mmo i have every seen.

I wish you well PioPico but i think you are to late to entice players to return.

• AllodsOnlineAllodsOnline Allods Online Community ManagerMember Posts: 19

Sibs4455, I won't deny that there have been some unfavorable features in the past although we were able to take feedback from the community, and make changes to the game that addressed those concerns.

Do you currently play Allods Online? If not, how was your experience with the game in the past?

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by AllodsOnline

Hello MMORPG community!

My name is PioPico and I am one of the community managers for Allods Online. I want to reach out to you guys, and I will help be a resource to answer any questions about the game. Since the game's release back in April 2011, Allods Online has made many positive changes to its gameplay to provide you with a more pleasurable gaming experience for new and veteran players alike.  Besides replying to your forum threads, feel free to also ask me anything here and I will be more than happy to reply back to you!

-PioPico

Allods Online Community Manager

Hello PioPico,

I'm playing Allods Online and enjoying it but my question is why can't we have a subscription option like some other mmo's do (LOTRO and DDO) for instance so people can choose to sub and receive everything normally or can choose F2P and buy stuff in the item store or "packs". I am reluctant to pay for item store stuff but would be willing to sub.

As Allods Online is a good and polished mmo why don't you offer this sub option that would certainly interest people?

Hey, MyPreciousss. Your suggestion of having a subscription option is a suggestion that comes up every now and then on our official Allods Online forum. One reason why that option would not be possible is because Allods Online is published by gPotato and all gPotato games follow the Free to Play model.

Speaking as a gamer myself, all of the MMORPGs that I have played for an extensive amount of time have all been Free to Play games. I personally like the option of contributing to the Item Shop whenever I want versus the monthly subscription fee just to play the game. I do acknowledge your preference for more options and more options are great! However, I hope my response was able to shed light on why Allods Online doesn't have a monthly subscription option.

It's also great to see you're actively playing the game and you came across my post here. How far along are you in the game now?

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Well i was an advet player of allods until recently when people decided to just stop playing. I here the same blah blah blah about this game and its cash shop. Or the game being a p2w. You can find  everything in game to get to endgame. Its all about how dedicated you are in getting what you want. The issue i had with allods was endgame. It got real boring doing the same daily quest and trying to frind astral runs. It got really expensive trying to buy gems on the ah just to turn around and spend more on them to turn them in.The patch looks really nice and looks like you guys put some effort into promoting it. Try fixing this game and get rid of these monotnus quest and people might come back.

Edgar F Greenwood

It's unfortunate to hear you've been actively playing the game until recently when we have Patch 3.0, Overature of the Damned coming in just two weeks (February 15th). I know the quest you are referring to which is to unlock the third layer of the Astral. I've seen feedback from the community that about the quest taking a lot of time to complete although it was implemented to help ensure players reach the max level at a steady rate. From your response I can tell you've kept up to date with the contents of the upcoming patch which removes the quest that we've been talking about which the community will appreciate. The change of the quest is also able to occur since the max level cap will be raised to 51 to ensure players' leveling flow to the new max level (47 to 51) will not be hindered.

I have great expectations that the upcoming patch will get lots of attention from new and veteran players. Anyone who has played the game in the past would want to check out the many new features such as the PvP Skirmishes which will add extra entertainment to mix in with one's PvE adventures. Also the new buzz about the new archetype, Bard, is always something that a lot of people will want to try out so it'll make gameplay much more interesting when interacting with the new archetype in PvP and PvE settings.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Coming with the new patch:

I hear the lock past level 46 will be removed and that you'll be able to reincarnate yet again. This is actually the most boring idea ever, leveling a toon yet again. What's next big patch bringing, reincarnating a third time (forth incarnation)?

The unlock of Level 47 is good for most players I guess. I'm already Level 47 and not affected by this. Level 3 Astral is tough and somewhat boring trying to get a team together. The debuffs can make completing the allod close to impossible. I hope Level 4 and 5 are worth the trouble. Will skipping Level 3 be possible, or are we stuck with these boring conditions? What are the requirements to access Level 4 and Level 5?

The draconic stuff will get nerfed considerably and can be purchased from rep vendors now.

Apart from the new Allods and bosses, is there anything I'm missing? I heard about the possibility of having a second build one can switch to and fro, something like Roles in Rift, what's up with that?

imageimage

The ability to create another incarnation is an option players will be able to utilize if they have already completed the quest to create the first incarntion. There's nothing wrong with more options right? =) Plus this works in players' favor because anyone who completed the inarnatioin quest and already leveled an incarnation to a high level would like to have an option to create another incarnation as a Bard with the upcoming patch on February 15th.

I can't provide much details about the future layers of the Astral until official patch notes are released although there won't be any feature that locks one's leveling progression..

JoeyMMO, since it sounds like you actively play right now, you most likely have checked out the minisite for Patch 3.0 which covers the main features. Any further details will be released in patch notes close to Patch 3.0's release date. The next two weeks will fly by very fast!

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

I had quite some fun during beta, until the cash shop came in. Terrible decision. Because of that major mistake I don't want to play the game anymore.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

If you are here to honestly answer questions and try to build support for the game by helping players and being honest about mistakes and shortcomings, Glad to have you!  I wish more companies would be involved in gaming sites.

If you are here to cover up the bad stuff and lie to get a few subs, I hope you suffer the curse of the soft poo for 12 weeks.

If you would like to see a bad example of a game rep on these boards, head over to the Mortal Online section and see how GM Theia announced vet rewards coming in a week and then two months later when it was brought back up, posts get deleted and the rep ignores questions about it.  I have not seen a good example to point you to.  Maybe you can fix that for me?

Good Luck PioPico, I wish you well 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• GreenzorGreenzor Member Posts: 165

The ability to create another incarnation is an option players will be able to utilize if they have already completed the quest to create the first incarntion. There's nothing wrong with more options right? =) 

Leveling three characters would be more appealing if you tweaked the experience gain ratio.

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Hello and welcome,

I have only played Allods for a short time a couple of hours here and there when I get tired of other MMO's. But I find the graphics rather outdated. Are there any plans to improve the engine? my PC can run almost anything. This would certainly encourage me to play it more.

Seems like a solid game I just find it hard to immerse myself into.

Good Luck with the MMORPG.com community,

Originally posted by causs

I had quite some fun during beta, until the cash shop came in. Terrible decision. Because of that major mistake I don't want to play the game anymore.

The feelings you have is what I've witnessed from other players who have played the game in the past. If the issues you experienced no longer apply, what prevents you from checking out Allods Online again?

Originally posted by Talonsin

If you are here to honestly answer questions and try to build support for the game by helping players and being honest about mistakes and shortcomings, Glad to have you!  I wish more companies would be involved in gaming sites.

If you are here to cover up the bad stuff and lie to get a few subs, I hope you suffer the curse of the soft poo for 12 weeks.

If you would like to see a bad example of a game rep on these boards, head over to the Mortal Online section and see how GM Theia announced vet rewards coming in a week and then two months later when it was brought back up, posts get deleted and the rep ignores questions about it.  I have not seen a good example to point you to.  Maybe you can fix that for me?

Good Luck PioPico, I wish you well 

Thanks for the wishes, Talonsin! I definitely want to avoid the curse of the soft poo for 12 weeks so I'll do my best to avoid that at all costs. =P

The purpose of me reaching out to you guys isn't to wave a giant flag that says "Play Allods Online and nothing else!"

If you browse this forum section you'll see some players referencing features about the game that existed in the past that don't exist anymore so I just want to make sure information that circulates around this community is the correct information about the current state of the game. I simply want to comment on your experiences or what you have heard, and if Allods Online seems like the game you would be interested in, then that's a double combo win!

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36

I enjoyed playing allods before Gipat patch but now :( becuase I hate grinding and seeing other players having OP items because of a simple item shop which makes me feel eh? what I have to buy this item to do damage? no thank you man I am not even checking this game anymore unless this item removed from the game like the old days in allods where gears ruled not some cheap item from cash shop.

and do not take it as an offense because allods still one of my favorite games but cash shop ruined hard, unless you follow league of legend cash shop then ill go back and play allods.

• GreenzorGreenzor Member Posts: 165

I just came back to the game after a long break. Let me say that the developers are doing a great job. Everything from its visuals, animations, world design and strong feeling of journey is outstanding. I also took a look at the cash-shop. Its pricing feels way more reasonable. I also loved the tweak done to the XP scrolls, they're now a bonus pool instead of a bonus over time. My main complain is related to the grind. I saw you removed the fatigue system but it doesn't get any better.

Durray, I'm surprised that you mentioned the graphics are outdated. Something that really shines is the graphics and visual details throughout the entire game whether it's physical environment, character animations, or item effects. Some zones look cooler than others but there is a lot of detail put into making the game look stunning.

And thanks! The MMORPG community has provided really good feedback and have been very constructive.

Newbihack, which Item Shop items are you referring to? Are you referring to runes? Runes provide added effects of increased damage dealt and reduced damage taken although they don't replace pure PvP skills. I remember PvPing in one of the end-game zones called Melting Isle. I was faced against another player who had lower level runes than me, and he beat me. =)

Greenzor, I saw you post earlier and you've posted again that you've come back to check the game out. Awesome!

There have been a significant amount of changes including the removal of the fatigue system which happened late last year. It definitely makes the leveling experience more fluid since you don't have to visit the Goblin Innkeeper to redeem your fatigue experience. I've come across some players in the past who wasn't sure how the fatigue system worked, so it was a nice change to make the game more player-friendly. Yes, the change of the experience scrolls from Scrolls of Knowledge to Tomes of Knowledge was also a nice change. We didn't want players to feel rushed to kill as many monsters as they can within a 30-minute time frame so allowing this scroll to stay active until worn off from killing X amount of monsters let's players play at a more comfortable rate.

Originally posted by causs

The feelings you have is what I've witnessed from other players who have played the game in the past. If the issues you experienced no longer apply, what prevents you from checking out Allods Online again?

Some people think: "Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!" Some people, a lot actually, just do not want to come back to a possible second kick in the uhm, place where it really hurts.

imageimage

Originally posted by newbihack

I enjoyed playing allods before Gipat patch but now :( becuase I hate grinding and seeing other players having OP items because of a simple item shop which makes me feel eh? what I have to buy this item to do damage? no thank you man I am not even checking this game anymore unless this item removed from the game like the old days in allods where gears ruled not some cheap item from cash shop.

and do not take it as an offense because allods still one of my favorite games but cash shop ruined hard, unless you follow league of legend cash shop then ill go back and play allods.

This cheap item from the item shop you're referring to, is that perfume/incense? That item is still there, but the damage bonus (+200% with level 4 patron) does not require incense to be active, the associated stat bonus does not require incense to be active. The only reason you need active incense is for some of the special martyr skills and for access to the astral allods.

Moreover 24 hours worth of incense can be gotten for free each day with a quest that takes only a few minutes to complete. And 4 hours worth of incense also comes with the skinnies daily (martyr's blessing +15% int/str and stam for 4 hours). The Gipat patch broke a lot which isn't anywhere near as bad now. I remember those 'incense required to play' days, now it's free and not even required except for Astral and maybe PvP. I certainly don't use one every day and I'm at cap with my main (47).

imageimage
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I used to play allods

Lets say that after that certain update a long time ago I dont play it anymore

Bloody greedy russians

And no I would not return to the  game even if the cash shop got more "sublety", basically because today there are better games than in that time that dont resort to player extortion

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I used to play but quit when I realized this game was P2W. Now don't get me wrong, I've played other F2P games and spent money on in game items such as increasing bag inventory space, getting a certain mount for travel, unlocking certain levels to play them. This is a great approach to F2P games. What killed Allods for me the fact that end game is P2W. If you don't spend money you are gimmped against all the other players that dished out hundreds to be competitive over you. This isn't right. If you want to get customers back and keep customers then even the playing field and offer cash shop items that do not give other players more power over you in end game.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Originally posted by marzatplay

I used to play but quit when I realized this game was P2W. Now don't get me wrong, I've played other F2P games and spent money on in game items such as increasing bag inventory space, getting a certain mount for travel, unlocking certain levels to play them. This is a great approach to F2P games. What killed Allods for me the fact that end game is P2W. If you don't spend money you are gimmped against all the other players that dished out hundreds to be competitive over you. This isn't right. If you want to get customers back and keep customers then even the playing field and offer cash shop items that do not give other players more power over you in end game.

I'm interested to see their response to this.  That is the main reason why I never bothered trying the game.  F2P doesn't have to mean P2W.

• DisapointedDisapointed Member Posts: 4

No hes right , its not F2P but P2W, at this time when ppl are finding it hard to pay ther bills and are looking at  caps in wages prices in the cash shop are for ppl that have big wallets and dont mind paying 100s of euros to have the best runes or gear, these are the ppl that keep allods going not the little ppl that spend 10 euros in a month to get that little item to make life easier in game.

prime example of allods greed is the fact that over x-mass they had a sale on with the trinket chests from the CS which where priced at 1200gp for 30 sold real while and was priced just right, ppl bought loads not just the rich players but the casual players did and items flooded the auction house, scroll to a few weeks after the x-mass holidays another set of chests on sale in the CS but hey wait a miniute there 3000gp for 30 chests or 10 for 1200, again scroll alone another few weeks and low and behold another set of chests 30 at 3000gp that works out at 1 euro a chest lol, and guess what they didnt sell as well as the tinket boxes, ur going to ask how i know that they didnt sell well, simple guys and girls when an item sells well from the cash shop theres loads on the in game auction house.If that dont tell the company thats running a game whats going on then i am sorry to say it boils down to not listening to the community,

Another thing thats been bugging me is the fact the GMs have always said that theres no way they can merge servers or move ur char from Zak to Isa or vice a versa, yet whats happening on the 15th of this month there merging servers to me that spells the end of a game when it has to merge servers that the community of players where told would never happen, why is the servers merging again a simple answer low population on both servers to try to save the game from dying the death. so back to lagging like mad which means umplayable areas which means ppl will leave, ppl are already leaving cause of the merge and inbalancre of the game and the removal of negitive comments on the forms being removed.

so my honest oppinon is let the game die or bring the CS prices down to a lvl that casual players can afford it and then u might get ppl back

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I'm interested to see their response to this.  That is the main reason why I never bothered trying the game.  F2P doesn't have to mean P2W.

He responded in another thread but decided to omit responding to this concern since it was posted. What does that tell us??? Allods is turning a blind eye to the real reason why people quit and are not coming back. Shame really. Was a good game ruined by greed.

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

He responded in another thread but decided to omit responding to this concern since it was posted. What does that tell us??? Allods is turning a blind eye to the real reason why people quit and are not coming back. Shame really. Was a good game ruined by greed.

People quit the game cuz of the lack of content . Its not like everytime you went to do a astral of gt run you had to head to the cash shop. Im not going to win in Astral Confrontation or Pvp cuz i didnt get the latest cosmetics or latest mounts. People use the cash shop cuz THEY WANT TO. Gpotato gives you every opportuinity to earn gpots or you have to do the dedicated farming rout and save your cash and hit the AH.  Im sure hes getting tired of hearing the same ol bulll crap about being a p2w game.  My advice to you is Play the game . 

Edgar F Greenwood