Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Funcom haters...

124»

Comments

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Originally posted by drbaltazar

what is the graphic  engine tsw use?wow,heroes?

Dreamworld. It was originally developed for AoC and then they made quite a few changes to it for TSW and have backported some of them to AoC. It has for instance dynamic lighting which for instances changes the aggro range of mobs. All textures and such are really high-rez, so you won't hearing the complaint from SWTOR about blurry textures. I have tested it on a low-end cpu and mid-end graphicsard and get around 40 fps. I have a friend who has a Radeon 6970 and a 3 year old cpu and he gets 60fps with everything at max at 1920x1080. In other words: low requirements for very good performance.

Originally posted by Hycoo

Originally posted by drbaltazar

what is the graphic  engine tsw use?wow,heroes?

The newest version of the Dreamworld version, look at AoC's graphics, its like that.

Not quite true. Most of AoC is designed for the older version of the Dreamworld engine which doesn't take advangate of the much better lighting model in the new version. Only the newer parts of AoC like House of Crom uses all the capabilities of the engine.

Originally posted by MMOExposed

but isnt TSW a sandbox, and not a Themepark like AoC, which means the whole game is endgame?

TSW is a themepark with certain elements of a sandpark, like no classes and levels. It's content is more open than regular themeparks, but there are still quests to do.

I have heard that 1/3 of the game is "endgame" at launch, typical MMO's has something like 10% of the game as "endgame" at launch. The Secret World will probably get more and more "sandboxy" in nature as new content is added to the endgame.

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

Originally posted by MMOExposed

but isnt TSW a sandbox, and not a Themepark like AoC, which means the whole game is endgame?

TSW is a themepark with certain elements of a sandpark, like no classes and levels. It's content is more open than regular themeparks, but there are still quests to do.

I have heard that 1/3 of the game is "endgame" at launch, typical MMO's has something like 10% of the game as "endgame" at launch. The Secret World will probably get more and more "sandboxy" in nature as new content is added to the endgame.

As one of the developers said it: ''Its all endgame and there is no endgame''. What i meant by open is that you can start doing some missions in Kingsmouth, then some in Egypt, then some in Transylvania etc. There is no themepark train guiding you through the content, you decide yourself where you want to go. Ofcourse you may run into some content that is too hard for you, but then you can just do some other things. Something similiar to Skyrim.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

This discussion has been closed.