Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Had a Fantastic Time this CBT

GoldiusGoldius Member UncommonPosts: 42

I was gobsmacked by this game....

It has the foundations to be the most fun MMO in this genre....gorgeous grahpics ( i didnt even notice the low textures  for this CBT )....excellent music but the best part for me was the total immersion i felt while play ing this.

Something i haven't felt in a long long time .

It gave me the same feeling as when i played EQ back in 1999. I felt time fly by so fast.

Very polished CBT and im looking forward to more and seeing how this progresses month by month.

Congrats Enmasse !!!  ( and the original publishers in Korea )

Well done.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

EVen though it has a straight forward generic character and quest progression i really had a blast in this beta. havent had so much fun in a sub based mmo since i left WoW... got sick of rift and swtor rather fast but this game hits the spot where those 2 missed (for me). Just hoped it had less generic quest progression, i guess only GW2 will break that mold....

Cant wait for beta 2.....

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Normally I wouldnt respond to this thread as it reeks of Viral Marketing, however that aside I am going to comment.

Whereas I had fun playing Tera, and have pre-ordered it, I prefer we keep it real.

The game is at most an ok game, and none of us have gotten to test the pvp aspects of the game yet.

Contrary to the hype and the fact some players think every new game is the best game ever the truth is Tera is average at best.

The graphics are meh, even forcing AA X8 they leave much to be desired.

There is a lot, and I mean a lot of empty space.

The game is VERY linear, even to the point people line up to kill some of the slow spawn quest mobs.

Crafting is ok, but god awful expensive, in fact everything is expensive, a little too expensive.

A lot of the skins in the game are pretty sub par, pets, mounts, pegasus to name a few.

Collisions are  not centered right and makes for some off movement especially getting thru clusters of players, or getting caught on edges of terrain.

Game is way too easy, I soloed everything, including three world bosses, none of them was even a challenge.

The Dungeon was kind of a joke.

Where the OP's comparison to EQ comes in god only knows. I still play everquest and Tera has nothing in common with EQ even remotely.

I am holding out for the pvp and really hope they have done as cool a job as L2 or DAoC with seiging, if not Tera really hasn't got much to give it a passing grade.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

i had fun in the beta.  i too am waiting to see how the pvp and especially the polotics turn out in this game.  so far its a decent mmo but to hold my interest for an extended period it will need to do more that what i've seen so far.    

I've got the straight edge.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

The graphics are meh? hehe, then I remembered that US doesn't have the high quality textures. Here's some of my screenshots from the EU sneak peek:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107440833209077349079/Tera?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIHSjvf928u6oAE&feat=directlink

• arjiarji Member UncommonPosts: 93

I enjoyed the stream also but... the only thing that attracts me is the action style combat (something that became less attractive when i found out that you hit with mouse clicks...) maybe becouse is close to GW2 action style that i am expecting. All the others reminds me other mmo's and atm this is something that i want to avoid. And to to explain that :i want to avoid gear grinding, pre-arranged -must be there- raid hours, same style questing etc etc. I am not claiming that the game is bad, in general seems ok but maybe for someone that havent played this kind for years (like me). Enjoy if u play!

PS:havent played CBT thats why i am refereing to stream.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Mouse clicks?
    You hold down the mouse button to use your main attack.
    I'm surprised by how many were clicking.
  • GoldiusGoldius Member UncommonPosts: 42

Yeh pre-ordered the dig collectors as well 60bcuks ( well a bit less here in Australia ) .

Its not a perfect game but the point im alluding too is "immersion" for me that is what makes the time fly and makes me feel entertained. This game seems to have that "it" factor for me...time will tell .

After so many disapointments over the years i think this has the best potential for now.

the Mechanics as a healer for targetting etc certainly make me feel like im contributing to the fight not just clicking preset abilities and follwing a set pattern.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Sorrow

The graphics are meh, even forcing AA X8 they leave much to be desired..

A lot of the skins in the game are pretty sub par, pets, mounts, pegasus to name a few.

Game is way too easy, I soloed everything, including three world bosses, none of them was even a challenge.

If you solo'ed every mob you are a very impressive individual, unless you're a lancer, than it's not as hard. Basilisk are easy but some others not so much.

I watched Arakia kill about 6 people by itself, they all died, didn't even kill it. This game is far from "way too easy", you must be exceptionally skilled. While I solo'd some BAMs as well, I never found it easy by any means. Especially considering i'm only level 22 and don't expect content that difficult.

The skins and graphics are probably due to the low res textures and also the settings seem to be different for a lot of computers, try turning the lghting enrichment down to 1 and working with the size the game is displayed is, my games quality improved drastically when I tweaked with the setting instead of keeping everything on max. Also force AAx8.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Pivotelite

The graphics are meh, even forcing AA X8 they leave much to be desired..

If you solo'ed every mob you are a very impressive individual, unless you're a lancer, than it's not as hard. Basilisk are easy but some others not so much.

I watched Arakia kill about 6 people by itself, they all died, didn't even kill it. This game is far from "way too easy", you must be exceptionally skilled. While I solo'd some BAMs as well, I never found it easy by any means. Especially considering i'm only level 22 and don't expect content that difficult.

The skins and graphics are probably due to the low res textures and also the settings seem to be different for a lot of computers, try turning the lghting enrichment down to 1 and working with the size the game is displayed is, my games quality improved drastically when I tweaked with the setting instead of keeping everything on max. Also force AAx8.

A lot of people are mysteriously unaware of the fact there are only low ress textures in that client for the moment.   Despite the large number of posts and sticky thread about the topic.... which explains why they kept them out and that they will be put back in... this week I believe they said.

Just the same as people are unaware that *some* people playing have actually already played the game to cap in other market(s) and pvp'd... (related to the none of us has experienced the pvp comment).   Reading the official forums one can pick up a lot of information... about the classes.. pvp etc     Some of the *hands on* posts are actually very informative over there.

As well as discussions about the difficulty of the game etc

To be honest the highest I played was to 21... I was almost to the level 22 cap but had other things to do.   In that time I never saw what I would call a "world boss" and in fact thought there was only one actual "Boss" in the content we could currently play.    So I guess I missed some things along the way... stuff to look forward to at least.

To be honest the highest I played was to 21... I was almost to the level 22 cap but had other things to do.   In that time I never saw what I would call a "world boss" and in fact thought there was only one actual "Boss" in the content we could currently play.    So I guess I missed some things along the way... stuff to look forward to at least.

I made an image that tells you where they hide if you like, for next time. As well as BAM locations.

The giants name is Lanok and Arakia can actually be found in two places, so the map is slightly outdated but gives you an idea regardless.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Yes, excellent graphic. Great animations. Open world.

And all this runs on average PC.

Koreans are simply better programmers. Its obvious now

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I made an image that tells you where they hide if you like, for next time. As well as BAM locations.

The giants name is Lanok and Arakia can actually be found in two places, so the map is slightly outdated but gives you an idea regardless.

Thanks for that!

I had gone over to youtube to watch a few people fighting the world bosses after reading this thread.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Contrary to the hype and the fact some players think every new game is the best game ever the truth is Tera is average at best.

I will say average in Quest and other aspects but above average for me in combat!

I have seen some people saying this and I just think it goes to show that tastes differ greatly when it comes to graphics. I thought the graphics were beautifull and some of the best I have seen in an MMO. As I said though tastes vary.

All in all I will agree the game is not groundbreaking and sticks to the typical Themepark mmo formula in most aspects however I feel the combat is going to keep me coming back to the game well after launch. I guess only time will tell though.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Dont get me wrong I agree, but they also made a cracking good choice to use Unreal, not only that but they were the guys that made L2 and were doing L3 which was unreal based, its fair to say they are using an awesome well tested engine and have some years of developing for it.

I would expect any less. I am still stunned by the amount of detail on armours and everything really. I can swear I could make out the symbols on the buttons on my lancer second "shirt/mail/amor thing".

Originally posted by rav3n2

Dont get me wrong I agree, but they also made a cracking good choice to use Unreal, not only that but they were the guys that made L2 and were doing L3 which was unreal based, its fair to say they are using an awesome well tested engine and have some years of developing for it.

I would expect any less. I am still stunned by the amount of detail on armours and everything really. I can swear I could make out the symbols on the buttons on my lancer second "shirt/mail/amor thing".

You mean ridiculously impressive armor like this?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Originally posted by rav3n2

You mean ridiculously impressive armor like this?

That is some sweet armour, I do enjoy the look of my character.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Normally I wouldnt respond to this thread as it reeks of Viral Marketing, however that aside I am going to comment.

Whereas I had fun playing Tera, and have pre-ordered it, I prefer we keep it real.

The game is at most an ok game, and none of us have gotten to test the pvp aspects of the game yet.

There is a lot, and I mean a lot of empty space.

The game is VERY linear, even to the point people line up to kill some of the slow spawn quest mobs.

Crafting is ok, but god awful expensive, in fact everything is expensive, a little too expensive.

Collisions are  not centered right and makes for some off movement especially getting thru clusters of players, or getting caught on edges of terrain.

The Dungeon was kind of a joke.

Where the OP's comparison to EQ comes in god only knows. I still play everquest and Tera has nothing in common with EQ even remotely.

I am holding out for the pvp and really hope they have done as cool a job as L2 or DAoC with seiging, if not Tera really hasn't got much to give it a passing grade.

I'm with the OP had a blast also, this would be the only thing I would agree with "Crafting is ok, but god awful expensive, in fact everything is expensive, a little too expensive."  Happy to see you get xp and buffs for gathering.

Your post above was a little confusing at first, you should try changing the colour to show the parts you wrote. :P

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Your post above was a little confusing at first, you should try changing the colour to show the parts you wrote. :P

Happy =)

Originally posted by mikuniman

Happy =)

Very much so! :D

I got it before but I figured it would just be easier than people skimming the whole post to find what you actually commented on.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I was very sceptical but I am now sold on the look and combat, it remains to be seen if all the endgame features and pvp promised or rumoured will all be in place at launch.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

To the people who played the CB, is it to late to get in? After watching some of the videos the combat reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur, am I wrong? When does the next beta event happen?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Aeolron

To the people who played the CB, is it to late to get in? After watching some of the videos the combat reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur, am I wrong? When does the next beta event happen?

The next CB for EU is this coming weekend,  for NA next CB is 2 weeks from now.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Originally posted by Aeolron

CBT is over for two weeks.

I am glad the OP likes the game. I myself do not like the game.

To easy, to themeparkish, to instanced! Just the same as any other MMO out.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Ok, now I'm jealous, I just pre-ordered so I too can check the game out. Test, do all the fun stuff.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo