Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Gamebreaker folks are ripping this game a new one

Comments

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by sgel

Originally posted by Mckiediz

Just try it and make up your own mind.

Didn't Mike B give SWTOR 8/10 for innovation? ;)

It's an another Mike B...from Gamebreaker Tv...not the one from MMORPG.com

And yes 

Mike B from Gamebreaker Tv loves Swtor PvP

And...

your anti swtor crusade is funny

Glad I'm entertaining you without even trying.

I also don't really need a crusade for a game I no longer care about... besides.. it's doing a good job on it's own ;)

*rolls eyes*

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Qazaam

Lore, during his live stream, said that tab-targeting mmo combat is much more challenging and fun than TERA's action combat (he was level 3 :P).   He basically ripped the game to shreads the entire time I watched actually :P

Gary Gannon tweeted last night that he made it to level 11 and that's all he could stand.  

Mike B says to wait if you were thinking about purchasing.

Taugrim criticized the PvP aspects saying that everybody will make tiny characters for a smaller hitbox.

Hmmm...I don't know - I was thinking about getting this game - is it really that bad? I actually see quite a few folks saying it's pretty good.  It's hard to tell the difference between the adrenaline and elation of a new game and what's really happening.

I hate Gamebreaker, they are all idiots. I do not take their opinion with even a grain of salt.

If you want to review a game to people, read up on, and get to a decent level first.

Originally posted by Soraksis

Nah, OP your good, this game is utter garbage.  You were right to listen to others and not spend a dime on this turd. 

People bash TOR for not being MMO enough for them saying its a single player game, well there is even less reason to group in Tera.  Your starting HP is insane and mobs dont hurt when they hit.  You can basically charge in with your sorcerer stand toe to toe with the mobs blow them to hell and loot the healing motes they drop and run off without a scratch.  There is absolutely no need for strategy or skill to play this game.  So much for that innovative combat design.   I would advise everyone to pass on this one unless your into F2P games that you have to pay a sub for. 

I wish people like you weren't around this site...clearly you got to level ten. Good for you, not like the devs have stated a million times 1-20 is to get people used to the game.

How can you write something so negative without giving the game a chance, it makes me so incredibly upset.

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

I don't understand why a player needs to wade through 20 levels of drudgery and suckage to get to something that is fun and interesting. Why not make the game fun and interesting right from the beginning? If a developer can't do that, then they are a failure.

I have no idea what Tera is like so i'm not ripping on it. It's just a question to the line of reasoning on this topic.

Archlinux ftw

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Yeah, no... the day i take their word as being anything 'good' will be the day my head get smashed in by a wrecking ball a dozen times.

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

ill get the game and play it just like i did with SWTOR...hopefully TERA wont be a epic fail like SW was to me...worst mmo in the creation of time...Runescape has more intrest ad immersion than SW.

PA is there truth behind NCSOFT stealing info and plans about ineage 3?!?!?!?

It looks good to me is my 2 cents.

Originally posted by FreeBooteR

I don't understand why a player needs to wade through 20 levels of drudgery and suckage to get to something that is fun and interesting. Why not make the game fun and interesting right from the beginning? If a developer can't do that, then they are a failure.

I have no idea what Tera is like so i'm not ripping on it. It's just a question to the line of reasoning on this topic.

Did WoW, rift or SW:TOR do that?

Not in my opinion, they were more boring than TERAs beginning levels, people just don't complain about those because their combat isnt hyped, TERA's combat is super hyped and it unfortunately doesn't show it's true colours until later on.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I also don't really need a crusade for a game I no longer care about... besides.. it's doing a good job on it's own ;)

If you don't care about it, then why do you continue to comment about the game daily?

You trash SWTOR every chance you get, seems to me that you care quite abit, or just have a very hard time letting things go.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Besides the combat, the game doesn't offer much.  The story (what little there is) is pretty bad.  The quest dialogue is horrendous.   The anime-ish styly of the game, in my opinion, is puke-worthy. 

Games need a bit more substance than just combat, this game doesn't seem to offer any.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

Doesnt the politics just amount to king for a day sort of stuff

they set taxation...yeah taxes..not to your guild...brilliant

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Lore, during his live stream, said that tab-targeting mmo combat is much more challenging and fun than TERA's action combat (he was level 3 :P).   He basically ripped the game to shreads the entire time I watched actually :P

Gary Gannon tweeted last night that he made it to level 11 and that's all he could stand.  

Taugrim criticized the PvP aspects saying that everybody will make tiny characters for a smaller hitbox.

Hmmm...I don't know - I was thinking about getting this game - is it really that bad? I actually see quite a few folks saying it's pretty good.  It's hard to tell the difference between the adrenaline and elation of a new game and what's really happening.

HAHA! thats funny stuff

I'm interested in the combat, seen it before in other games, and liked the 'skill' approach, rather than the 'skilless' button mashing.

As for Mike, thats not even advice, that is standard these days, with MMO's being so crappy. Ever since WAR, then STO, I will NEVER buy another game untill 30 days have passed, period!

• Wookiee6648Wookiee6648 Member Posts: 131

They are QQing cause they can't PewPew.   TERA makes you play the game not just mash a bunch of keys on the keyboard.   All these guys need to go back to playing facebook games where their ego's match their skills.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

I guess you wont be playing GW2 then because they will not like that combat either.Poor little boys can't use skill to win in PVP,i guess they are stuck with swtor.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Sylvarii

I guess you wont be playing GW2 then because they will not like that combat either.

Au contraire, they have been paying quite some attention to GW2  and have been rather positive so far.. They have even given it its own programme: GuildCast. Besides, only Lore seems to dislike the action combat.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Sylvarii

I guess you wont be playing GW2 then because they will not like that combat either.

Au contraire, they have been paying quite some attention to GW2  and have been rather positive so far.. They have even given it its own programme: GuildCast. Besides, only Lore seems to dislike the action combat.

I guess Taugrim will want Asura's banned from PVP/WVW then.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Lore is a big WoW player, you have to take his opinions with a grain of salt (well all of them really). They have their bias and preferences. Out of all of those hosts I'd say MikeB would be the most interested in a game like TERA since he is more of an action player. But I haven't seen this episode.

Anyway, Gamebreaker is kind of like The View for gamers. I certainly wouldn't take their word as gospel.

Originally posted by Terronte

Doesnt the politics just amount to king for a day sort of stuff

they set taxation...yeah taxes..not to your guild...brilliant

You can open specialy shops, change NPC locations, set taxes, etc and your guild gets some of the profit I believe.

Theres 18 territories, each can be controlled by an idividual guild or one guild can control many. To make the changes listed above your guild and particularily the leader need to get points, these points are aquired only through special Vanarch quests/dungeons that require defeating some difficult enemies.

Not to mention you can aquire control over the provinces through popularity vote or battlegrounds, people like to be the best, guilds like to be the best, this is incentive to keep playing and something to strive for, atleast in many peoples cases.

That is substance imo.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

I have only played to lv 16 so far and Tera has some good things, but I think the bad outweight the good.

Good

1) Graphics

2) Combat

3) Performance

Bad

1. Quest grind, its ike they went out of their way to make it worse than other mmos.  Its like here are 4 quests to kill the 4 things right outside this quest camp.  Go to next camp rinse and repeat.

2. Mobs - there just doesn't seem to be a lot of consistancy.  I will fight little goats and then giant monsters of doom in the forest.  I think it would be nice if things were grouped into more realistic environments.

3. No character progression below lv 20 (Talents, ect.)

Unknown

1. Crafting - Way too expensive to do even at lv 16 so I am not sure yet.

2. Character progression - I haven't experienced the glyph system so I am not sure yet.

3. PVP - No PVP until next beta other than dueling.

Originally posted by feena750

3. No character progression below lv 20 (Talents, ect.)

3. PVP - No PVP until next beta other than dueling.

There are crystals and combo chains, I currently have 6 slots and I had fun picking ones that best suit me. I used bonus damage on knockdownx2, critical from behind increase strength and reduced damage by 4.5% when below 50% hp x 3

My chained skils are also set to my preference.

There is also PvP called deathmatches, or group dueling. People have been doing 10v10s all day.

As for the mobs, it's fantasy it doesn't have to make sense, also look in the real world, you'll see an elephant standing beside a lizard in Africa, thats big a huge thing right beside a little thing, doesn't seem unrealistic there.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

How do you get into the deathmatches?  I was told by a bunch of people that there would be no pvp otehr than 1 vs 1 unti lnext beta.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Lore is a big WoW player, you have to take his opinions with a grain of salt (well all of them really). They have their bias and preferences. Out of all of those hosts I'd say MikeB would be the most interested in a game like TERA since he is more of an action player. But I haven't seen this episode.

Anyway, Gamebreaker is kind of like The View for gamers. I certainly wouldn't take their word as gospel.

Yea if you ever watched a few episodes you can get a feel for the guys. They do their shows live, so if they were TOO hardcore of fanboys I don't think any of the viewers would have an issue calling them out on it. It's pretty chill at GBTV for the most part

Its their show though so they prob could do anything, besides that they seem fair in most reviews and have a good mix of people on their various shows. You draw your own conclusions on games, but its cool to have a forum to talk with others live about it, with clips and demo info right there.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

Ouch, entire thread discredited and any future comments of Mike B will now fall on deaf ears.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Fearmeirl

Ouch, entire thread discredited and any future comments of Mike B will now fall on deaf ears.

Someone likes a game you don't so he must be ignored? i don't agree with what you are saying so i guess whatever you say in future would fall on many deaf ears too.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi