Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thankful for Elin Changes

Comments

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by cippalippa

Whish they just removed it, it just shows total lack of taste. Koreans can have it if they want it, i won't judge them, but definetly not my taste. Let children stay children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVRv5u36Huw

They're not children!

Lets be honest, they are cosmetically disguised children.

Why on Earth do you want them to show the extra skin so badly? Is it that important to you that their knickers have been covered up?

I mean... is it? What exactly are we arguing over here? The right to see elin panties?

C'mon...  They are fine as they now. Nothing is lost from the game by a few extra pixels on an elin's ass.

how exactly are they children. western mmo's have fairies are they children too? they have bunny ears for christ sake how more innocent can they be? I'm arguing over the stupidity that some people get offended over pixels in a computer game, its complete madness that something so trivial can offend you.

IN western MMOs fairies typcially have adult bone structure, they look like minature (people/adults), that is not the case here at all, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Elin dont exactly look like humans though. its a manga style character if anything.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Benjola

i don't find the elin sexy looking maybe you do. and if you do find them sexy looking why do you have a problem with it. is sexy a positive or a negative thing for you? They are not kids you can view them as kids if you want but you're wrong.

You've been spewing this same nonsense many times now.

Are you 12?

You couldn't come up with a counter argument so you resort to insults. you lose fella.

lol Neo... you have been attempting to insult others all the way through this... Trying to make out that the people that support more pixels covering an elin's ass are some kind off perverts (which is really just a cheap reflection tatctic you resort to in lieu of proper debate).

Anyhow, you guys are just repeating yourselves over and over now and ignoring any points you can't answer, so I'm out of here. Have fun :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Whish they just removed it, it just shows total lack of taste. Koreans can have it if they want it, i won't judge them, but definetly not my taste. Let children stay children.

They're not children!

Why on Earth do you want them to show the extra skin so badly? Is it that important to you that their knickers have been covered up?

I mean... is it? What exactly are we arguing over here? The right to see elin panties?

C'mon...  They are fine as they now. Nothing is lost from the game by a few extra pixels on an elin's ass.

how exactly are they children. western mmo's have fairies are they children too? they have bunny ears for christ sake how more innocent can they be? I'm arguing over the stupidity that some people get offended over pixels in a computer game, its complete madness that something so trivial can offend you.

IN western MMOs fairies typcially have adult bone structure, they look like minature (people/adults), that is not the case here at all, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Elin dont exactly look like humans though. its a manga style character if anything.

Yeah I realize that and manga is full of sexualized teenage girls, as i said in my edit :P.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by Xyched

Originally posted by Ecoces

Originally posted by Pivotelite

lol i love the idea that just because the lore says they aren't children that its ok to make them look like 10 year olds in panties.

That's not the reason why, it's okay because nobody cares about that in Korean culture where the game was developed. Not everywhere in the world has the same standards/social norms.

well then i am glad that i live in a country that doesn't objectify a 10 year old as sex symbols and considers it a "social norm".

i guess some western values ARE better.

Man you're American, dont they hae beauty pagents for 8 year olds? is that not objectifying? or are you being a typical American that condemns other cultures before taking a good hard look at your own?

I've heard of beauty pagents for children existing, but I've never seen one, for what it's worth. That being said, even the ones I've heard of don't promote the sexualization of the children in any way. The children aren't scored on their sex appeal, it's more an exercise in confidence and preparation. I'm not defending them, but you're making them sound like some kiddy strip club.

Then you should watch one, they are indeed disgusting and highly innappropriate for a child. 

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

They're not children!

Yeah I realize that and manga is full of sexualized teenage girls, as i said in my edit :P.

haha sorry, just had to reply to this before I went... using 'they are manga style' as a defence to support they aren't sexualised... Just made me chuckle :D

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

You couldn't come up with a counter argument so you resort to insults. you lose fella.

Awww lol I lose what exactly?

Half posts in this thread are yours.

What's it to you?

Why so worried about what happens to Ellin?

What are you hiding?

Do you enjoy playing with 9 year old panties wearing, hips shaking  girl avatars ?

Is that it?

Are you afraid that 'we' will take away your Ellin with these threads?

See how that goes?

Don't type moronic insinuations if you want a normal discussion...

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

haha sorry, just had to reply to this before I went... using 'they are manga style' as a defence to support they aren't sexualised... Just made me chuckle :D

HAHA, yeah it is quite laugh worthy.

Originally posted by Robokapp

Do you enjoy playing with 9 year old panties wearing, hips shaking  girl avatars ?

is that not allowed or...you dont approve someone else doing it or...

it shouldn't be... and no I don't actually...

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

While a child-like character in a bikini is wierd, what truly distrurbs me is simply the really, really chunky thighs. I mean who designed those legs...

its like top half is a 12 year old girl, bottom half is a adult overweight midget.

My blog: image

They're not children!

I don't see anything sexual about the elin, maybe you do, good for you bro. if you find something sexy shouldn't you like it?

Now I really think we outted a closeted Pedo.

Maybe this thread will be usefull after all.

Now I really think we outted a closeted Pedo.

Maybe this thread will be usefull after all.

you're the one who sees them as sexy not me.

I don't see anything sexual about the elin, maybe you do...

You said that in almost every post of yours in this thread.

Who you trying to convince here... us... or yourself perhaps?

I think the concensus was that Asia in general and Korea in particular being this different culture where they tolerate sexualization of young girls did their thing.

MY version is that all over the top sexy in this game wasn't an art decision but a business one where they hope to cash in on teen hormons and that's okay with me, whatever, BUT they did go way over the top with Ellin which it DOES look like a 9 year old girl, and that's just wrong for west and wont fly as well as in asia, as this and many other threads on this and other sites proves.

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Gimme a break , i agree with nero, and you guys ran out of arguments but personal perception and now try to turn it on him beein a perv?

Holy shit this whole idiocy just reached a new level. If theres a flying poop around for sure someone founds an activists club around that.

who is us? you speak for yourself nobody else..troll away though.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Different people react differently to different situations. I'm neutral to the entire argument, because I could really care less what the race looks like.

As far as I'm concerned, take the race out of the game. Not because I find it offensive, but because I'm tired of hearing people bitch about it.

The game is fun, I'm playing a Baraka Lancer. Almost my entire guild is made up of Castanics, with the exception of me (Baraka) and the guild leader (Aman), and I don't think there's a single Elin in our guild.

I understand both sides of the argument. It is a noble pursuit to prevent desensitization. I understand many people (not just Americans) will not like the association of sexuality with video game characters who appear to be young girls, good for you for standing up for what you feel is right.

Then there are people who disagree with you, whatever their reasons may be. Their pursuit for the prevention of censorship of a cultural norm is just as valid as your pursuit for censorship.

There can be no winner in this argument on either side.

Originally posted by Robokapp

so TERA was never meant for global market? I'm having a hard time believing their development team would willingly forfeit the international market. especially since they want to maximize sells so they resort to sexuality...it seems counterproductive to be developing something that then they have to redevelop a second time to access western market. seems a bigger waste of resources than a gain to me...

I think they underestimated how sensitive and protective west is of children.

I mean, western europe is a cesspool of pedophilia, there has been very many child abuse scandals in EU in the last decade or so.

In a situation like that trying to add sexy to children looking avatars in a video game doesn't look like a very smart thing to do.

There are already furious debates about exessive violance + objectifying of female in the all sorts of media, why add fuel to the fire?

Us the readers and posters that participate in this thread + all posters you were replying to directly...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Us the readers and posters that participate in this thread + all posters you were replying to directly...

That would include ME as in US the posters and readers that are NOT of YOUR opinion.

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

If the Elin model sexualy arouses you, or even makes you think they're sexual to some others then you might want to get your head checked.

It's a crazy cute character, and who doesnt want to play a cute badass dropping massive monsters and PKing fools?

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Sentime

If the Elin model sexualy arouses you, or even makes you think they're sexual to some others then you might want to get your head checked.

It's a crazy cute character, and who doesnt want to play a cute badass dropping massive monsters and PKing fools?

Yeah you are right...underage looking girls running around half naked in thongs, wiggling there hips is just normal day to day thing.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Originally posted by Shivam

Originally posted by Sentime

Yeah you are right...underage looking girls running around half naked in thongs, wiggling there hips is just normal day to day thing.

Made my point, get some help.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Pivotelite

lol i love the idea that just because the lore says they aren't children that its ok to make them look like 10 year olds in panties.

That's not the reason why, it's okay because nobody cares about that in Korean culture where the game was developed. Not everywhere in the world has the same standards/social norms.

well then i am glad that i live in a country that doesn't objectify a 10 year old as sex symbols and considers it a "social norm".

i guess some western values ARE better.

Man you're American, dont they hae beauty pagents for 8 year olds? is that not objectifying? or are you being a typical American that condemns other cultures before taking a good hard look at your own?

Sure they have beauty pageants for little girls but they are not exactly mainstream. As a matter of fact, there are a lot of people who object to those pageants. The problem with using the "you Americans" argument is that you actually need to have a general idea of how the country is and not use the fringe elements of the American culture as an example. We have guns here too, doesn't mean that it's mainstream to go around shooting people.

Like I said in my previous post, a lot of this stuff is in the grey area of the law. Technically it is legal but not exactly moral.

One thing I have to comment on is the youtube video that was posted. That video, more than any argument made by me, or anyone else in this thread, solidified my point that the armor for the Elin race needs to be reworked. I mean skimpy dresses aside, some of the animations have the dress raise up and reveal the panties. That is simply not appropriate.

This discussion has been closed.