Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dosen't look to Optimistic over at the offical forums

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Server status measures concurrency not subscriptions.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by Starpower

Sounds to me you base your entire argument on you being bad at chosing guilds. First step to remedy that is not to accept random invites

I could be the author of your post 5 years ago on WoWs main forums, back when I made some poor choices joining guilds going nowhere myself

many people are playing in guilds are mostly their own friends.. not much you can do when all your friends ditch the game...

You follow them to the next game. Wisely several of my friends held fire on ordering ToR and now two months in they won't be playing it based on the experiences of myself and other friends who did play. I wonder how many more people there are out there whose friends have left and told them 'don't bother'?

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I see your a big Tera fan by your posts, SW let you down?

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Since I quit, after leveling two char's to 50. I have not looked at any video or threads directly about swtor. I find that works best for me. I see all the post about it in other threads and most are doom threads and such. I don't have any ill will toward the game or Bioware, none that I care to share anyway. As I see it, if you can't see the picture for yourself then it's because you don't want to see it.

The OP's post made me look though, and I''ll say right now I'm so glad I bailed when I did. I won't ever be resubing either. Not in a year or two or any time period.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by tyrannis

The OP's post made me look though, and I''ll say right now I'm so glad I bailed when I did. I won't ever be resubing either. Not in a year or two or any time period.

Really? Even if and when they come out with an expansion?

Not gonna lie, I really doubt this is a long term game for me. In fact, I believe since I am just about 50 that my days are numbered because frankly I have no desire to make an alt and go through those planets again. So unless there is some killer endgame....anywho...

Never thought it would be a long term game for me anyways. Gotta say though I would probably check it out from time to time or least when they had an expansion unless it was a disaster.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• doorb7doorb7 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Game comes out, loads of ppl buy it, some stay, some leave, everything evens out. happens with every game. will swtor match wow numbers anytime soon if ever, hell no, will it fail, again hello no and anyone who thinks it will is deluded or just wishful thinking to proect their own favoured game.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Originally posted by tyrannis

Really? Even if and when they come out with an expansion?

Not gonna lie, I really doubt this is a long term game for me. In fact, I believe since I am just about 50 that my days are numbered because frankly I have no desire to make an alt and go through those planets again. So unless there is some killer endgame....anywho...

Never thought it would be a long term game for me anyways. Gotta say though I would probably check it out from time to time or least when they had an expansion unless it was a disaster.

expansions hardly ever change complete core aspects of the game aside from maybe skills or adding a new class/race.. I quit wow right after BC and since then never had even the slightest urge to try WotLK or Cata or the upcoming pandas expansion.. just depends on the game and the reasons you left i suppose..

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Originally posted by Matt_UK

Originally posted by Eliandal

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

All I have to do to see this game is rapidly declining is look at my guild where we have 110 members and in the last 20 days only about 30 have logged in. Of those 30 maybe 10 play daily.

I have played many mnay MMO's and SWTOR is just lacking to many damned features, has to mnay bugs, and a boring and poorly designed endgame. I'm not telling anyone they have to dislike SWTOR but it's pretty obvious a TON of people feel the same way about it as me. Outside of the story this game has nothing new or better to offer and story offers little replayability unless you are an altaholic.

Ooohh..I can play that game too....Two weeks ago, my guild only had a little overf 100 people on average logging in - but this weekend - we had over 200!

What's your point again?

What's yours?

My God there are some fools on here. Total denial as usual from the Biodroid. I don't care, your precious game sucks, see you in GW2.

Sounds like you care more than you want to let on...

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Wow, there's so much clutching at straws by the fanboys here.

I see that:

• Graphs and stats mean nothing.

• Forums mean nothing.

• You chose the wrong guild, that's why they're leaving.

• BW told you what the game was going to be like.

• My server is getting busier.

• Yada yada yada...

It's laughable the lengths some people will go to, to deny the game is tanking.

It's so damned obvious at this point, you are beginning to look like idiots.

GW2 will be an awesome game, but just like swtor hasnt it aint gonna reinvent the mmo folks.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Their forum isn't even close to having loads of leaving, etc threads.  So this thread is pretty much pointless.

i aint a fan boy of any game, never reach max level in most lol, but whilst i can see why ppl think swtor is tanking because it didnt have wow numbers ffrom day 1, the fact is it aint tanking not by a longshot and there gonna be making a ton of money right now.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by doorb7

GW2 will be an awesome game, but just like swtor hasnt it aint gonna reinvent the mmo folks.

Really, will any game ever do it?

Every game will have it strengths and attract certain groups for differnt reasons. Coming from playing a game that had very low interest for years, it amazes me how defensive people get when it isn't someone's cup of tea. Swtor in my view was a horrible game, but then again, the games I liked, not many liked them either. To each his own.

GW2 will fill a niche, my guess for PvP elitest especially. SWTOR seems to appeal to the casual gamer or RPGer. TSW remains to be seen who or what it appeals to, my guess the more sandbox type. Archage will be for the Sandbox only types. Anyone who still thinks SWTOR is the game of games and will retain a large population after the two months of feedback, are in for a big shock when reality hits. For them I hope the game stays alive, but for EA, I wish their profits to dry up as quickly as possible.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Originally posted by jacklo

Wow, there's so much clutching at straws by the haters here.

I see that:

• Graphs and stats mean everything.

• Forums mean everything.

• You chose the right guild, and they are still they're leaving.

• My server is getting lighter.

• Yada yada yada...

It's laughable the lengths some people will go to, to prove the game is tanking.

See, I can do it too...

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by grapevine

Their forum isn't even close to having loads of leaving, etc threads.  So this thread is pretty much pointless.

LmAO, did you really think they'd STILL be up?

You must not of met their QRF team yet...

Savages..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by bossalinie

Wow, there's so much clutching at straws by the haters here.

I see that:

• Graphs and stats mean everything.

• Forums mean everything.

• You chose the right guild, and they are still they're leaving.

• My server is getting lighter.

• Yada yada yada...

It's laughable the lengths some people will go to, to prove the game is tanking.

See, I can do it too...

Gratz :)

I had to chuckle though at the highlighted part because that's so true. I chose a guild I've been with in other games who upped sticks to come here. Organised months in advance. Lasted a month before most tired of it.

• RomuluasRomuluas Member UncommonPosts: 52

Seriously, I dont understand why this is discussed with every new game that comes out. Swtor isnt dieing. Is it the greatest game ever, not even close. Is it the worst, again no, but it is a decent game. When people start lowering their expectations for the release of MMO's then maybe they wont be so disappointed when they are released.

I enjoy my time in SWTOR, but I cant play it for more then a few hours at a time. Then again in RL I do have more important things to do and worry about then a little game that only distracts me for a period of time.

My first MMO was EQ and I played that game for 12 - 14 hrs a day, but I had more time then I do now. Could SWTOR be better, definately, and Im sure that in a year it will be. Hate to say it but some of the things everyone is complaining about SWTOR not having are far from game breaking (ie: UI, LFG tool, Combat log, ect) at the same time there are things that should have been done right before it was release (ie: Auction house working properly, hardware issues ect)

Point being I dont think Swtor is going to die anytime in the fore seeable future, but at the same time I say it will be very lucky to sustain more than a million subs. Having between 500 and a million subs in my mind is far from a failure.

Originally posted by Romuluas

Seriously, I dont understand why this is discussed with every new game that comes out. Swtor isnt dieing. Is it the greatest game ever, not even close. Is it the worst, again no, but it is a decent game. When people start lowering their expectations for the release of MMO's then maybe they wont be so disappointed when they are released.

I enjoy my time in SWTOR, but I cant play it for more then a few hours at a time. Then again in RL I do have more important things to do and worry about then a little game that only distracts me for a period of time.

My first MMO was EQ and I played that game for 12 - 14 hrs a day, but I had more time then I do now. Could SWTOR be better, definately, and Im sure that in a year it will be. Hate to say it but some of the things everyone is complaining about SWTOR not having are far from game breaking (ie: UI, LFG tool, Combat log, ect) at the same time there are things that should have been done right before it was release (ie: Auction house working properly, hardware issues ect)

Point being I dont think Swtor is going to die anytime in the fore seeable future, but at the same time I say it will be very lucky to sustain more than a million subs. Having between 500 and a million subs in my mind is far from a failure.

I like the way you quote the non game breaking issues.

What about the ability delay and atrocious fps experienced by many people despite high end computers - that won't be fixed any time soon?

I'm serious when I say Hutt Ball is a slideshow for me. Characters don't run/walk, they hop 10 metres at a time.

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

You could of picked a better thread to troll with.  I am seeing several comments about people who are staying long term or they are definately staying until some other mmorpgs come out that they  and not too many replies that are all that negative. 

I don't think the reasons you listed are why the majority are leaving this game. They're certainly worth debating over but not the crux of what it appears to me is the main reason many are simply moving on. Just fuel to the fire really but not the main issue(s).

Granted I don't think this game is or going to be a failure anyways. Least not where I judged it was going to be when it is all said and done. Suppose that really depends on what the company and those judging it as being one or not believed the subs were going to be at when the smoke settled.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by sanosukex

expansions hardly ever change complete core aspects of the game aside from maybe skills or adding a new class/race.. I quit wow right after BC and since then never had even the slightest urge to try WotLK or Cata or the upcoming pandas expansion.. just depends on the game and the reasons you left i suppose..

No doubt. I mean no offense but I certainly wouldn't ask or wonder the same about you. But he leveled two characters to level 50 so he must have enjoyed the game or aspects of it to some degree.

Just curious really what turned him off so bad that he would refuse to consider this game at any time in the future.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

I usualy look at this  http://www.swtor.com/server-status 

It looks like it's been pretty solid, I am a "naysayer", so I got no reason to say it was doing great, if anything I would want to obfuscate this to prove myself right, IF I was one of those people that had to be right

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by Zlayer77

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294210

Lots of other threads but I think this one just shows that the mayority is either leaving.. on the fence or just to blind to see what is going on...

Yes you are right swtor is doomed, (sarcasm Off).  For the people who really is playing the game we didnt even notice a drop in the population.

Originally posted by hikaru77

For the people who really is playing the game we didnt even notice a drop in the population.

Maybe you haven't but I sure have.

• RomuluasRomuluas Member UncommonPosts: 52

I like the way you quote the non game breaking issues.

What about the ability delay and atrocious fps experienced by many people despite high end computers - that won't be fixed any time soon?

I'm serious when I say Hutt Ball is a slideshow for me. Characters don't run/walk, they hop 10 metres at a time.

I agree with you, and no where did I say that there arent problems. My 5 year old system plays the game fine, the only place I have any lag is in the fleet. As for ability delay its not something I have ever expereinced but I know many have, and I prefer to class that under hardware issues. Im no programmer, and I couldnt even begin to tell you how to fix these issues you are having, or to even tell BW how to go about fixing them.

Tho I would like to know where you got your info about BW not fixing those two things anytime soon from, I personnally have not seen that posted, but I dont follow them on twitter and facebook, so it may have been on there.

This discussion has been closed.