Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's discuss our playtime thus far(UPDATED kills)

PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

So yesterday I did the first dungeon(what were your thoughts on the dungeon?), got my blue sword and then grinded BAMs for a few hours with different parties to get familiar with the AI.

I thought the dungeon was pretty decent, nothing special, the mini-boss was actually cooler and more difficult than the end boss(unless you forgot to clear the room next door and ended up with 50 monsters coming to his aid lol).

How is everyone liking there classes? I am enjoying slayer a lot, they pick up speed around 18 and it gets pretty awesome. They also seem completely capable of solo'ing BAMs. How is everyone elses classes holding up? What do you like or dislike?

So today, I decided i'd solo the three BAMs(working on worldbosses still)...and just now I finally did it! Woop.

image Basilisk - First try I actually died, then I managed to do three in a row before dying again.

image Kumas - I got this guy second try as well, only one solo on record thus far.

image Naga -  These guys are a pain for me, especially if I don't watch my mana and get hit just once because of an inability to dodge, this was my fourth try and I finally got it right, previous one I died when it had 5% health left. -.-

image Fimberlisk(level 25) - This guy was really tough, we wiped on the first attempt but came back and beat the crap out of it.

imageimage Boss Fimberlisk(Level 27) - This fight took quite a while, but with the help of some Rez scrolls we managed to kill it, while accidentally pulling a regular fimberlisk and then eventually wiping. Lol.

image Ovolith - We managed to do this first try, but it took a long fifteen minutes. Tough fight.

Comments

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

I'm liking the Warrior, Lancer and the Berserker. I plan to make a Popori Warrior, Human Lancer and a Aman Berserker. I didn't get past level 11 because I didn't want to go nuts and play to 22 otherwise that would ruin it for me once the release.

Warrior - I enjoyed playing the warrior, first I played it as a Amani, then I tried the Popori. The dodge is good and I like the feeling when I swing those swords and chopping things up, lol.

Lancer - I like the block feeling, I find it easier than the warrior, but I still plan to create these 3 classes on the release.

Berserker - Love the damage and the block, and being a Aman suits the class. Although I'm not sure what role it can be at higher level. So can it tank or not?

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

Originally posted by Mallen91

Berserker - Love the damage and the block, and being a Aman suits the class. Although I'm not sure what role it can be at higher level. So can it tank or not?

From what i have been reading the berzerker is a burst dps class. The reason for the heavy armor and blocking is because they are much slower and don't have the dodging ability of classes like slayer and warrior. So they will be getting hit more. They were not meant to be a tank class though, they don't have the ability to hold the attention of a mob like lancer or warrior. Other than with dps.

• mindcontrolxmindcontrolx Member Posts: 7

I played for the first time this weekend after getting the pre-order mini. I do like the twitch based combat and the game looks gorgeous. I only got to around level 11 with a human sorcerer but what I played was quite fun.

I was a bit confused with the skills and what everything does but that's probably because I didn't want to waste too much time studying the UI in the limited time play test. It was very stable and I didn't see any major bugs apart from some armour clipping on my character.

All in all I'm looking forward to the betas.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Lvl 14 as of right now and not really sold on the game. The game looks amazing and has one of the best worlds but its pretty standard fare. The combat isn't really all that great, can it be? Yes but its so damn easy and all the dodges and skills have a delay and can only be done while not moving which entirely breaks the pace up. Hell I just stand infront of all enemies and don't ever go under 80% health. The quests are your usuall stuff, kill this kill that but the stories are pretty bad...pacing needs work there. 

All it comes down to is, it's a next gen korean grinder. Was afraid that would be the case but honestly wasn't expecting it since they kept saying they're westernizing it...little girls and those pandas isn't the way to go then. 

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Lvl 14 as of right now and not really sold on the game. The game looks amazing and has one of the best worlds but its pretty standard fare. The combat isn't really all that great, can it be? Yes but its so damn easy and all the dodges and skills have a delay and can only be done while not moving which entirely breaks the pace up. Hell I just stand infront of all enemies and don't ever go under 80% health. The quests are your usuall stuff, kill this kill that but the stories are pretty bad...pacing needs work there. 

All it comes down to is, it's a next gen korean grinder. Was afraid that would be the case but honestly wasn't expecting it since they kept saying they're westernizing it...little girls and those pandas isn't the way to go then. 

^ pretty much this for me so far.. feels like a game perfectworld would release but with better production values

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Yep, I agree on this too...

I might be picking it up for a month of timekilling, and then I'll see from there.. But as it stands right now, I'm not expecting it to hold my attention for more than a month.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

I've played the Lancer to level 20 so far. Really having a lot of fun with it. I'm planning on playing a Baraka Lancer and a Baraka Mystic as my two main characters on release. Then will make a Slayer eventually.

Not sure why people hate over-sized weapons so much. I understand it's not realistic, but this is a video game which takes place in a fantasy world. I suppose the inability to suspend disbelief is stronger for some.

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

Level. FOURTEEN.

Glad you expected to be insta killed by mobs at LEVEL. FOURTEEN.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

Overall, I liked the game.

It is pretty much what I expected it to be.

Only thing that I would change/ tweak/ fine-tune is mobs dificulty.

As for buying the game, it depends on TSW open beta and launch date.

It's Tera vs. TSW for me because I don't feel like subing to two MMOs when I don't have a free time to play a single one properly.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Originally posted by Senjinn

From what i have been reading the berzerker is a burst dps class. The reason for the heavy armor and blocking is because they are much slower and don't have the dodging ability of classes like slayer and warrior. So they will be getting hit more. They were not meant to be a tank class though, they don't have the ability to hold the attention of a mob like lancer or warrior. Other than with dps.

Ah ok, makes sense. Thanks for the info :)

There are a bunch of us which are playing the beta and if we stick to playing it during the release I will likely pick the zerk class thats depends if they are going to stick the classes they choose. :D

For me I am willing to play Tera long as I have people to play with and know, otherwise its pointless to play it. That goes for all MMO's at least for me that is.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Originally posted by Fearmeirl

Level. FOURTEEN.

Ehh, why are you assuming he expected to be 1 hit?

He said -From when he starts attacking a mob, without dodge, he never go under 80% health, maybe he expected it to be a bit more challenging, say go to 20% health if dodge was never used, that would make it pretty important if you wanted to keep momentum, without having to rest all the time.

That would perhaps make it a bit more engaging.

I love how people take something and spin it their own way...

Is it because Tera is your favorite game? and the bad bad man is saying something you don't like? :(

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Aman Priest 14
    Human Slayer 16
    Xbox 360 controller

Started the Slayer today, played the exact same starter zone again and enjoyed it even more, since the difference in damage dealing compared to Priest was apparent (of course). It just felt good when I charged to a target, knocked it down and unleashed hell with a whirlwind.

Because of the controller the game felt like a console MMO, but todays consoles aren´t able to handle because of RAM. Heh, so the best current console MMO exist on PC.

I´d hope the economy stays expensive, so the ingame currency has more value.

• VexeVexe Member Posts: 549

Originally posted by sanosukex

^ pretty much this for me so far.. feels like a game perfectworld would release but with better production values

I disagree there. It feels more like WoW to me, than any korean MMO I've played thus far (other than Aion). Probably because they actually send you on quests and have a story, where as most of the "grind fests" I've played have mroe to do with finding a lot of enemies and killing them until you level up, with quests only serving to bring you from one area to another.

That's just me, though.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

It's really not all the easy, if you read my post you'd have seen that. :/

As for a grinder, yes it's pretty grindy but atleast it's fast grinding, killing a BAM with a party gets you like a bar and a half, if you get a good party you could farm em really fast and level up pretty quickly.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by PieRad

Originally posted by Fearmeirl

Level. FOURTEEN.

Ehh, why are you assuming he expected to be 1 hit?
    He said -From when he starts attacking a mob, without dodge, he never go under 80% health, maybe he expected it to be a bit more challenging, say go to 20% health if dodge was never used, that would make it pretty important if you wanted to keep momentum, without having to rest all the time.
    That would perhaps make it a bit more engaging.

I love how people take something and spin it their own way...
    Is it because Tera is your favorite game? and the bad bad man is saying something you don't like? :(

Wierd thing, once you hit lvl 20, you will see the mobs doing more damage and moving around alot more. Also. BAMs are awesome to fight. The fights are hectic, but doable without a tank.

BOOYAKA!

Originally posted by cyress8

Wierd thing, once you hit lvl 20, you will see the mobs doing more damage and moving around alot more. Also. BAMs are awesome to fight. The fights are hectic, but doable without a tank.

Hectic is right lol, especially when they become enraged or you accidentally pull a second BAM lol.

Anyways, I GOT MORE PICS.

imageimageimageimage Killed every BAM now from level 22-28. No pics for Lanok, or Barroq though... I might sign back in to solo Lanok(level 21) or atleast attempt it.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I love the combat. Slayer is my favorite with the warrior coming in close second. The animations and the art are also top notch. However, the game does feel a bit grindy, especially with 95% of all of the quests requiring killing x amount of mobs.

The game is also very linear up until level 20 (my highest character). I'm not sure if the world opens up afterwards with multiple leveling zones but so far, every character of every race and class follows the same exact leveling path through the same exact zones.

There are other issues but I do hope that they can be resolved before launch. Like strange loot tables. You get a quest reward that has higher level requirements than the quest itself. Then the next mob you kill drops an item with the same stats but lower level requirement. Combat being a bit too easy. I have yet to die in this game.

To make the long story short, I'm still not sure about this game. The combat is fun but a lot of other things aren't.

Originally posted by heartless

I love the combat. Slayer is my favorite with the warrior coming in close second. The animations and the art are also top notch. However, the game does feel a bit grindy, especially with 95% of all of the quests requiring killing x amount of mobs.

The game is also very linear up until level 20 (my highest character). I'm not sure if the world opens up afterwards with multiple leveling zones but so far, every character of every race and class follows the same exact leveling path through the same exact zones.

There are other issues but I do hope that they can be resolved before launch. Like strange loot tables. You get a quest reward that has higher level requirements than the quest itself. Then the next mob you kill drops an item with the same stats but lower level requirement. Combat being a bit too easy. I have yet to die in this game.

To make the long story short, I'm still not sure about this game. The combat is fun but a lot of other things aren't.

You'll die...many times, don't worry. 

My two favourite classes are also Warrior and Slayer, I have 22 of both and have seeked out everything. I'm probably at around twenty deaths total...re-buying all those crystals sure is fun lol.

• ChinaCatChinaCat Member UncommonPosts: 670

I'm liking the Warrior, Lancer and the Berserker. I plan to make a Popori Warrior, Human Lancer and a Aman Berserker. I didn't get past level 11 because I didn't want to go nuts and play to 22 otherwise that would ruin it for me once the release.

You have a lot to look forward to.  The fun factor after 11 when you leave newbie area goes up significantly.

"Lately it occurs to me,
    what a long, strange trip it's been". -Hunter

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Hours of fun, Seemed like they've got a race choice for everyone, pretty ones, cute ones and beefy. Classes are cool, I played a mystic, warrior and archer to 16. Combat's what I've enjoyed the most, addicting actually. It's fluid the combos look great and fun to watch, then again it's an Asian mmo they definitely excel at that. I played 2 toons in Vindictus so an action mmo isn't new for me. One thing I've noticed is how simplified armor and stats are. Chest, hands, feet and jewelry. No talent points and skills looked like every 2 levels. It's refreshing actually, all that mathalete build crap got to be way to much work. Closed beta for me was very smooth no issues for me at all. The graphics remind me of Aion and it looks great. Gathering also gives you timed buffs and xp love that, crafting I didn't get into this round. Typical quests is the only negative but your moved along quickly and with that combat style it's  nice change. Tera's travel while questing is better that most, you don't run your ass off and get your mount at 12. So far, so good. I'll be adding Tera to my entertainment line up for sure =)

Originally posted by ChinaCat

You have a lot to look forward to.  The fun factor after 11 when you leave newbie area goes up significantly.

Ehhh, not really, you get mobs that might damage you a little but it really starts at your first BAM/dungeon.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

How did you guys play 3 chars or more?

How many NA servers were there?

On EU side two servers = 2 chars, so I played Slayer and Berserker, next week I'm trying  Warrior and something random I guess, I'm only interested in melee combat.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

Originally posted by Benjola

How did you guys play 3 chars or more?

How many NA servers were there?

On EU side two servers = 2 chars, so I played Slayer and Berserker, next week I'm trying  Warrior and something random I guess, I'm only interested in melee combat.

I only played two, I got a 22 slayer and warrior.

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

The "Wait until level XX, then it gets real fun!" is pretty cliche and a poor excuse, but in this game, that magic number is about level 20 or so, when you hit your first dungeon, and your questing takes you into areas of the world with generous helpings of BAM's to have fun with, which WILL curbstomp you if you don't quit with the facetanking.

Definitely glad I bought this game so far. Totally re-affirming my biggest MMO peeve these days - tab-targetting.

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.