Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dosen't look to Optimistic over at the offical forums

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294210

Lots of other threads but I think this one just shows that the mayority is either leaving.. on the fence or just to blind to see what is going on...

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

The forums don't represent the majority, but they make the idea that SW:TOR will have 3 million subscribers by June rather unlikely.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Originally posted by Zlayer77

Lots of other threads but I think this one just shows that the mayority is either leaving.. on the fence or just to blind to see what is going on...

So the majority of SWTOR players fit on 11 pages of replies to a single thread do they?

The way you put it anyone that says they might leave one day is leaving asap, and anyone that is basing their decision on other games is on the fence umming and aahing. Anyone who wants to stay and enjoy the great game that SWTOR is is blind.

I think that last fact opens your bias up for the whole forum to see.

First it was month one, and everyone predicted the end of SWTOR. Month one passed and everything is going good. The servers are still busy and people are happily enjoying the game. So now the attention turns to the end of month two.

Are we going to have a 'SWTOR is going to die' thread from people at the end of every month?

Find something better to do with your time, people. Making up trends from a few pages of replies is a sign of madness.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

When has any official forums been optimistic? Perhaps LotRO before their freemium conversion but even then they had a lot of whiners. 

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

This is what bioware needs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj-qBUWOYfE MORE INPUT!!!!!

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by holifeet

So the majority of SWTOR supporters fit on 11 pages of replies to a single thread do they?

The way you put it anyone that says they might leave one day is leaving asap, and anyone that is basing their decision on other games is on the fence umming and aahing. Anyone who wants to leave the game that SWTOR is is blind.

I think that last fact opens my bias up for the whole forum to see.

First it was month one, and some predicted the end of SWTOR. Month one passed and everything is still unknown. Some servers are still busy and people are happily enjoying the game. So now the attention turns to the end of month two.

Are we going to have a 'SWTOR is great' thread from people at the end of every month?

Find something better to do with your time, people. Ignoring trends from hundreds of deleted pages of replies is a sign of denial.

See how logic has to have balance when you try to wield it.

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380

That makes three different majorities with three different opinions...

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Thanks for the thread.  I know the dead-enders and BioDrones will whine about it...    But in the thread there was an excellent link to a game I'd never heard of...

If the game is half-as-good as those YouTube clips, it will be stunning.   Here's to hoping for Archeage.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Originally posted by Bunks

So the majority of SWTOR supporters fit on 11 pages of replies to a single thread do they?

The way you put it anyone that says they might leave one day is leaving asap, and anyone that is basing their decision on other games is on the fence umming and aahing. Anyone who wants to leave the game that SWTOR is is blind.

I think that last fact opens my bias up for the whole forum to see.

First it was month one, and some predicted the end of SWTOR. Month one passed and everything is still unknown. Some servers are still busy and people are happily enjoying the game. So now the attention turns to the end of month two.

Are we going to have a 'SWTOR is great' thread from people at the end of every month?

Find something better to do with your time, people. Ignoring trends from hundreds of deleted pages of replies is a sign of denial.

See how logic has to have balance when you try to wield it.

Oh yeah, I see what you've done there. Very funny. Turn the argument on its head to prove that the bashers must be correct. Except for one very important point. The OP did suggest that people not umming and aahing or wanting to leave are blind. He says it very clearly in the starter post.

You're assuming I think that anyone who wants to leave must be blind. I don't think that. Neither do I make continual posts to say that I think SWTOR is amazing. I see the faults with the game as readily as anyone, but I'm enjoying myself because it is good and has great prospect to be even better. I just don't see the point in continually having to make new threads to assert that belief. I will answer those people that make poor attempts to 'prove' that SWTOR is going to flop, such as ascertaining that the majority of players are leaving, thinking about leaving or just blind, and from one linked thread.

I pop in here from time to time and answer the first most deluded thread. If people don't like the game that's great. Go sit in your little room and don't like it. If you have to find reasons to insist the game will flop at the end of every month then do so in the privacy of your own head, or on a guild forums somewhere. If there were constant threads populatiing the front page that stated how great SWTOR was because 12 people answered that they liked it on one thread then I couldn't say this. But there simply isn't an abundance of those fan threads. There's an over abundance of hate threads, and they all say pretty much the same thing.

I am just about to log in to my heavily populated server after having dinner (the reason I was able to come on here and make one of my infrequent posts to argue with idiots). There will be hundreds of people on there enjoying themselves, like I will be. That is a much better measure that the game is a success. Lots and lots of people shouting for groups and running about the game, because it's great.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

I would like some tangible proof

Of what you ask?

That forum goers represent the majority of people playing the game or even show a trend when it comes to SWTOR subscriptions.

I mean you may believe in your heart that people posting positive/negative opinions on forums are a good indicator of anything but where is the proof of that?

Better yet what popular game doesn't have a forum full of complainers. City of Heroes had a post with over 200 pages of people complaining the first three months because of a massive nerf to defenders and some other changes. Yet the game still stayed successful. Hell I can show you any successful MMO that has had doom and gloom posts with predictions of mass exoduses. Did they happen... no

I get that some of you really hate SWTOR which is fine. Just don't let fantasy rule your life. The game will do well regardless of your hopes

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

So the majority of SWTOR players fit on 11 pages of replies to a single thread do they?

The way you put it anyone that says they might leave one day is leaving asap, and anyone that is basing their decision on other games is on the fence umming and aahing. Anyone who wants to stay and enjoy the great game that SWTOR is is blind.

First it was month one, and everyone predicted the end of SWTOR. Month one passed and everything is going good. The servers are still busy and people are happily enjoying the game. So now the attention turns to the end of month two.

Are we going to have a 'SWTOR is going to die' thread from people at the end of every month?

Find something better to do with your time, people. Making up trends from a few pages of replies is a sign of madness.

Here's the deal, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see what's going on with the game.    In January they sold 300K copies of the game.    That was, essentially, a 20% increase in the install base.   espite that, server traffic dropped 40% from January 7th to January 28th.   It has continuted to drop.

In February, to hide the drop in server traffic, BioWare changed the sever-status thresholds to make people think the servers were more populated than they were.

On February 1st,  3% of servers registered as heavy.  60% registered as light.

On February 2nd, 3% of servers registered as heavy.  54% registered as light.

On February 3rd, 2% of servers registered as heavy.   58% registered as light.

On February 4th, 18% of servers registered as heavy and only 32% registered as light.  

On February 5th, it was 25% heavy and 31% light.

Those numbers on the 4th and 5th were barely behind peak post-holiday useage on the 7th and 8th of January.    The game had not even approached those numbers since January 15th and 16th.     Further, now the weekly load is averaging over 10% heavy and peaking at 25% on the weekends...

Sales are down.  People have been clearly leaving...   Yet, (not) mysteriously the servers suddenly have bigger populations?   You believe that?   You believe an MMO that only sold 45K (or so) units the week in question can increase server  population that dramatically?   Over 215 servers?    Really?

Whatever...

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by MosesZD

Here's the deal, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see what's going on with the game.    In January they sold 300K copies of the game.    That was, essentially, a 20% increase in the install base.   espite that, server traffic dropped 40% from January 7th to January 28th.   It has continuted to drop.

In February, to hide the drop in server traffic, BioWare changed the sever-status thresholds to make people think the servers were more populated than they were.

On February 4th, 18% of servers registered as heavy and only 32% registered as light.  

Those numbers on the 4th and 5th were barely behind peak post-holiday useage on the 7th and 8th of January.    The game had not even approached those numbers since January 15th and 16th.     Further, now the weekly load is averaging over 10% heavy and peaking at 25% on the weekends...

Sales are down.  People have been clearly leaving...   Yet, (not) mysteriously the servers suddenly have bigger populations?   You believe that?   You believe an MMO that only sold 45K (or so) units the week in question can increase server  population that dramatically?   Over 215 servers?    Really?

Whatever...

and to top it off superbowl was on during this strange spike..  

Originally posted by MosesZD

Whatever...

Proof? or tinfoil hat theory

you be the judge

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Yeah..... again as others have pointed out, it's not the majority, you'd need close on a million different posters agreeing for that to be the case.

People are leaving, thats undeniable, but every new release mmorpg has the same attrition a few months after release.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Starpower

You can reference his numbers easily if you use the Google machine.  Until you have statistics that prove otherwise, shut the fuck up.  I'm seriously sick of people who think that anything that disagrees with their view is cockamamy made up garbage.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us

His numbers pan out.  There are shenanigans afoot.

EA has been advertising the game heavily during Superbowl and really kicked it into gear after that which can easily explain the sudden jump in numbers. Unless you don't think Superbowl commercials really make any difference at all to which I have to laugh

Not just the super bowl commercials but EA has really pushed it into gear advertising this game everywhere. Hell even where I live we don't see many ads for games and I see it daily here

That would explain a lot, only the spike occured 24 hours before and during the superbowl advertisment blitz.

Isaid two weeks ago, EA would be wise to make few light servers appear heavy, so when people started migrating to other servers, they would get more people moving to other light servers of their choice.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Some of you just don't get it.

The servers can be "light" or there can be a "downword trend" but it doesn't mean it's because people have CANCELED their sub.  Instead, what it means is that people arn't playing a much as they used to, but it doesn't mean they've left the game.

When the game was released, I played 4 hours a day.. now I play 1 or 2 tops, because I work and because I don't have as much time.

Originally posted by Bunks

You can reference his numbers easily if you use the Google machine.  Until you have statistics that prove otherwise, shut the fuck up.  I'm seriously sick of people who think that anything that disagrees with their view is cockamamy made up garbage.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us

His numbers pan out.  There are shenanigans afoot.

EA has been advertising the game heavily during Superbowl and really kicked it into gear after that which can easily explain the sudden jump in numbers. Unless you don't think Superbowl commercials really make any difference at all to which I have to laugh

Not just the super bowl commercials but EA has really pushed it into gear advertising this game everywhere. Hell even where I live we don't see many ads for games and I see it daily here

That would explain a lot, only the spike occured 24 hours before and during the superbowl advertisment blitz.

Isaid two weeks ago, EA would be wise to make few light servers appear heavy, so when people started migrating to other servers, they would get more people moving to other light servers of their choice.

The first round of super bowl ads start before super bowl. They are usually more kid/family friendly

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

All I have to do to see this game is rapidly declining is look at my guild where we have 110 members and in the last 20 days only about 30 have logged in. Of those 30 maybe 10 play daily.

I have played many mnay MMO's and SWTOR is just lacking to many damned features, has to mnay bugs, and a boring and poorly designed endgame. I'm not telling anyone they have to dislike SWTOR but it's pretty obvious a TON of people feel the same way about it as me. Outside of the story this game has nothing new or better to offer and story offers little replayability unless you are an altaholic.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

All I have to do to see this game is rapidly declining is look at my guild where we have 110 members and in the last 20 days only about 30 have logged in. Of those 30 maybe 10 play daily.

I have played many mnay MMO's and SWTOR is just lacking to many damned features, has to mnay bugs, and a boring and poorly designed endgame. I'm not telling anyone they have to dislike SWTOR but it's pretty obvious a TON of people feel the same way about it as me. Outside of the story this game has nothing new or better to offer and story offers little replayability unless you are an altaholic.

Ooohh..I can play that game too....Two weeks ago, my guild only had a little overf 100 people on average logging in - but this weekend - we had over 200!

What's your point again?

Originally posted by Eliandal

Ooohh..I can play that game too....Two weeks ago, my guild only had a little overf 100 people on average logging in - but this weekend - we had over 200!

What's your point again?

Well our guild has over 40 people on during prime time where as 3 weeks ago we were like 15 online at any given time.

Check it out. The guild is called "The Legion" On Red Eclipse EU server if anybody thinks I'm BS'ing

But I agree comments like these are absolutely pointless one way or another

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

why bother with this subject?60 days time card plus 30 days free =90 days!so 90 days is up next month start on this subject next month then it will be proper!

What's your point again?

Well our guild has over 40 people on during prime time where as 3 weeks ago we were like 15 online at any given time.

Check it out. The guild is called "The Legion" On Red Eclipse EU server if anybody thinks I'm BS'ing

they are pointless without proof but for me personally If all my friends drop out of a game and the guild I was in had a huge decline after only 1.5 months it says something about this game.. obviously not everyones guild is dropping out and I'm sure some are growing nicely.

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

I play with a large group of friend and guild mates on ToR, we happened to be discussing the forums the other night on out Vent channel and almost all of us don't post on the offical forums, main reasons seem to be that the time we do get free we try to spend it playing.

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by sanosukex

What's your point again?

they are pointless without proof but for me personally If all my friends drop out of a game and the guild I was in had a huge decline after only 1.5 months it says something about this game.. obviously not everyones guild is dropping out and I'm sure some are growing nicely.

Lol what do these people want for proof exactly? 30 page subscription reports and spreadsheets? Heck it wouldnt even matter if I had definitive proof because they would just claim it was fabricated and/or I'm trolling. Whats cute is that if someone provided the EXACT same type of info I did but it was the exact opposite these same people here would claim its legit and undeniable how SWTOR is growing (lol) and is the bestest game evar.

All I can do is give my first hand testimonial and report what I have seen which is a huge decline in our guild numbers from launch. LAUNCH being the key word here.

The guilds which are growing are the ones which are picking up people from other guilds which have had too many people leave so the remaining people find one which is more active.

If a guild had 15 people a few weeks ago now has 40 its only because they invited new people. The 70ish people who left our guild didnt join new guilds. They stopped logging in.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

All I know is what I personally see during the game.  I see my guild of about 230ish characters with 100 or so actual players considering alts.  The guild has 50 or so characters that are active as in played within the past 10 days.  Of those characters, a fair share are alts considering my knowledge of the people playing and the levels of the chars.  From my calculations, around 50% of the guild with characters on average about level 35 have either quit, moved on to a different character/guild/server, or something else.  I could make an educated guess that 25% have quit based on these numbers and conversations over vent/in game chat.  This is after 1 1/2 months of play.  I do not consider this a good retention rate at all and does not bode well for the longevity of this game.

Originally posted by sanosukex

What's your point again?

Lol what do these people want for proof exactly? 30 page subscription reports and spreadsheets? Heck it wouldnt even matter if I had definitive proof because they would just claim it was fabricated and/or I'm trolling. Whats cute is that if someone provided the EXACT same type of info I did but it was the exact opposite these same people here would claim its legit and undeniable how SWTOR is growing (lol) and is the bestest game evar.

All I can do is give my first hand testimonial and report what I have seen which is a huge decline in our guild numbers from launch. LAUNCH being the key word here.

The guilds which are growing are the ones which are picking up people from other guilds which have had too many people leave so the remaining people find one which is more active.

If a guild had 15 people a few weeks ago now has 40 its only because they invited new people. The 70ish people who left our guild didnt join new guilds. They stopped logging in.

i agree but people believe just becuase it doesn't happen in their guild people here are lying and have an obvious vendetta against this game or whatever they want to believe.. so far every single person I know who bought this game at launch has quit.. now,  luckily for bioware that "everybody" is only about 30 people but still doesn't say much for the game since the mix of people there was very diverse. I had friends who were brand new to MMOs and many long timers and the game couldn't hold any of them.

This discussion has been closed.