Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only people on this site hate SWTOR !

What is it with the staunch defenders of SWTOR when they come up with "It's only the people on MMORPG.com that hate SWTOR"?

I read loads of game related sites and can tell you that SWTOR is taking a hit EVERYWHERE. It's all over the Internet guys, even non-game sites are talking it down now.

Conspiracy? I don't think so.

You only need to go to the official forums to confirm so enough of that line already.

Comments

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

It's even worse on their own site, only they delete the threads every 30 seconds.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by jacklo

What is it with the staunch defenders of SWTOR when they come up with "It's only the people on MMORPG.com that hate SWTOR"?

I read loads of game related sites and can tell you that SWTOR is taking a hit EVERYWHERE. It's all over the Internet guys, even non-game sites are talking it down now.

You only need to go to the official forums to confirm so enough of that line already.

They move all negative threads to different forums and when that's not possible they lock them or cancel them altogheter.

If you refresh the General Forum of SWTOR for 30 mins, you ll notice the high volume of negative feedbacks which magically disappear after 3-4 replies

• KingPinoyKingPinoy Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Bunks

It's even worse on their own site, only they delete the threads every 30 seconds.

i strongly agree with bunks, if you have any forums where people are praising the game, plz lead me.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by ste2000

They move all negative threads to different forums and when that's not possible they lock them or cancel them altogheter.

If you refresh the General Forum of SWTOR for 30 mins, you ll notice the high volume of negative feedbacks which magically disappear after 3-4 replies

Yeah I know it's crazy right?

It's like the Mods are trying to keep their forums clean of Troll flopsweat or something. Can't understand it. Using their Mod powers to delete ridiculous posts after redundant ridiculous posts so real thoughts and issues can be followed. Doing their jobs on a forum, what the fuck BW?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Let me drop some truth for you;

haters gonna hate.

That's basically it. I don't play the game. I wish I did, because for what it is, it is a pretty damn cool game. Anyone who says otherwise had no credibility, and you don't need to respect them, because after all, who wants to hang out or debate with people who complain about something not being perfect? All these people are like children who try not to be a minority by yelling really loudly. All the other people who acknowledges the game through a semi-objective filter, or who enjoys it, does need to defend the game, because they know that these haters are trolls and they can't fool anyone.

This site has been in disarray for a long time, and a lot of people will get off by claiming that GW2 and TERA will be failures as well. It will entertain them, because at the end of the day, some guys will always be there to defend them. It does not matter how well they sell. The truth will be skewed to make those game look like a dissapointment. 

As long as you let haters drop you, you are a victim. all the cool people don't give a hoot. Why would they? they are not losers. They don't spend their free time on complaining. They are having fun in the game. 

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

This why there is group server fourms.   They weren't afriad that they didn't have enough reps to deal with trolls or harassment but that they didn't have enough to delete all the anit SWTOR design and I quit threads.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• Home15Home15 Member Posts: 203

I was wondering what happend with all the negativity as of late,

altho seeing the same old threads over and over again was already starting to look suspicious.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Kalfer

haters gonna hate.

That's basically it. I don't play the game. I wish I did, because for what it is, it is a pretty damn cool game. Anyone who says otherwise had no credibility, and you don't need to respect them, because after all, who wants to hang out or debate with people who complain about something not being perfect? All these people are like children who try not to be a minority by yelling really loudly. All the other people who acknowledges the game through a semi-objective filter, or who enjoys it, does need to defend the game, because they know that these haters are trolls and they can't fool anyone.

This site has been in disarray for a long time, and a lot of people will get off by claiming that GW2 and TERA will be failures as well. It will entertain them, because at the end of the day, some guys will always be there to defend them. It does not matter how well they sell. The truth will be skewed to make those game look like a dissapointment. 

As long as you let haters drop you, you are a victim. all the cool people don't give a hoot. Why would they? they are not losers. They don't spend their free time on complaining. They are having fun in the game. 

So you don't play it but anyone who says it is bad has no credibility?  Not everyone is a hater when they have critisism of a game.  Some people say it is fun for so long but I don't like XYZ etc.  They are leaving it to go back to other games. . that they also had some issues with. . It is not a matter of them not thinking it is perfect.  "Haters gonna Hate" is the only argument that actually lacks any credibiity.  It is like a T-Shirt slogan or saying "oh yeah. . . well. . . yer dumb".  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

haters gonna hate.

The "head in the sand" approach will always compensate for a while but reality will eventually rear it's ugly head.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

haters gonna hate.

Yo, for the real tho, the game is kinda.. "Arggh".. and not "Arggh" in the "Hey this game is new, it'll get worked out.."

More of the "Arggh".. the fuckers should be ashamed of themselves... it's 2012, finish your shit before you charge $120 dollars. "Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhh"...

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

haters gonna hate.

But.... but.... wait...

You forgot to say "TOR sucks; can't put my finger on why but it does!"

I can't find the negativity in your post. Where is it?

You're saying that some people post negative shite on forums without knowing what the fuck they are talking about? Ouch! My head hurts now from all the logic.

/sarcasm off

Pearls before swine my thirsty friend, pearls before swine!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Originally posted by Opapanax

Yo, for the real tho, the game is kinda.. "Arggh".. and not "Arggh" in the "Hey this game is new, it'll get worked out.."

More of the "Arggh".. the fuckers should be ashamed of themselves... it's 2012, finish your shit before you charge $120 dollars. "Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhh"...

I kinda agree with you.

Things like UI customazation, guild banks, ability bars that don't cause seizures, textures that actually look like all the SS we see should have all been in at launch. BW lack of MMO gaming knowledge is obvious.

BUT, none of those are "TOR is fail ect." worthy. None of those REAL issues are worthy of the hate that this game is seeing. All the other QQing is just that, the sounds that babies make when things are not going the way they want them to.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by bartoni33

I kinda agree with you.

Things like UI customazation, guild banks, ability bars that don't cause seizures, textures that actually look like all the SS we see should have all been in at launch. BW lack of MMO gaming knowledge is obvious.

BUT, none of those are "TOR is fail ect." worthy. None of those REAL issues are worthy of the hate that this game is seeing. All the other QQing is just that, the sounds that babies make when things are not going the way they want them to.

true none of those are game breaking issues.. you forgot to mention all the actual things that make the game so dull...

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

haters gonna hate.

So you don't play it but anyone who says it is bad has no credibility?  Not everyone is a hater when they have critisism of a game.  Some people say it is fun for so long but I don't like XYZ etc.  They are leaving it to go back to other games. . that they also had some issues with. . It is not a matter of them not thinking it is perfect.  "Haters gonna Hate" is the only argument that actually lacks any credibiity.  It is like a T-Shirt slogan or saying "oh yeah. . . well. . . yer dumb".  

Obviously not. You should not read that much into it. I think most people know what I am talking about. I'm all for constructive feedback. SWTOR has tons of flaws, nothing to do with that. 

Originally posted by sanosukex

I kinda agree with you.

true none of those are game breaking issues.. you forgot to mention all the actual things that make the game so dull...

Please enlighten me. Tell me why I am wrong in enjoying this game.

Remember to not use your opinions on what YOU think is dull. Just what BW coded in the game that is dull, other than the textures of course. I will give you that. THAT is not opinion, THAT is a fact.

• abstraktabstrakt Member Posts: 8

Most of the people who post in forums are complaining about something anyways. Very rarely do you see a, "Hey great job there guys!!! This is what I've been waiting for!!" The players happy for the game they have been given don't see a need to post, they give voice to their praise by playing.

The fact is, someone will always bitch about something no matter how big or small because everyone wants to feel like their that special snowflake & there problem is somehow greater than anyone elses.

To be honest, I play TOR, I love it, & some of the minor problems I encounter I choose to overlook because its just not that big of a deal. In fact the only real glaring problem I have seen Bioware been caught off guard by is the number of people choosing to roll Empire over Republic, but the only thing this impacts is PvP.

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

haters gonna hate.

Obviously not. You should not read that much into it. I think most people know what I am talking about. I'm all for constructive feedback. SWTOR has tons of flaws, nothing to do with that. 

I understand where you are coming from.

The disconnect here is that the Trolls don't understand that ALL, I repeat, ALL games at launch or 10 years out have flaws in them. ALL. OF. THEM.

That does not make ALL OF THEM fail. It just makes them flawed. Like THEY ALL ARE. Coming on any forum and making stupid posts about the stupid shit that they are posting about just makes them look stupid.

• NixlNixl Member Posts: 67

haters gonna hate.

I do not understand.  You have not played TOR, yet you state that people who are appauled at the story decisions (Kotor was a dedicated RPG), the terrible customer service, the bad PVP experience, especially on Ilum, the faction imbalance, the terribly mirrored class system that gave Imperials better versions of spells, raid/loot bugs that still plague Eternity Vault and Soa, and the unoptimized system game are all just illogical haters trying to hatch a conspiracy?

How is it that RPG players who loved the Kotor series for its story are not allowed to speak up when the story is dumbed down into a generic action story?

edit:  I do not know if I read your reply wrong, but I am confused.  Maybe I read it wrong.

• ThaneSolusThaneSolus Member Posts: 32

you know something kids? If you really like that stupid and dumbed dowm single player mmo, ITS GREAT! NOBODY CARES!

Have fun in game, go play it, and leave others to express their opinions, since the probably played more games than you and can make a difrence between decent games and PR/Marketing crap mmos for kiddies. In time you shall get that perk too, after some years.

So, if you like the game, its all great, that doesnt mean we all have to like it. Also, free to play in 6 months. lol!

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

I kinda agree with you.

Remember to not use your opinions on what YOU think is dull. Just what BW coded in the game that is dull, other than the textures of course. I will give you that. THAT is not opinion, THAT is a fact.

not going to start another one of these threads but everything has been talked about a million times over and over... but for me besides all the instancing, very phased worlds, very linear planets, very lifeless planets(all facts btw) my biggest gripe is the class/talent trees and combat... combat I guess you can blow off and say well it's your basic MMO fair which Is true but doesn't make it any more interesting than any other MMO made since EQ1.. But the class/talents are just pathetic.. they offer little to no customization you are basically stuck going up one tree due to the fact most the trees revolve around a ammo type, stance, ect...  you only have a few actual skills in the talent trees most of the talents are your basic +5% this and that. This leads to every single class playing pretty much exactly the same no matter what you do..  then you add the mirror classing in and you have even LESS variety in classes and skills.. just overall makes the game so dull and boring.. I could go on but that's the gist of it.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

I kinda agree with you.

You know, if you enjoy the game that's great. If you don't have problems, or do have problems but can live with them, that's great for you too.

The thing that I don't care for is when people with legitimate complaints or issues are accused as liars and simply making things up.

Anyone with half a brain can see that many people DO have problems, so what's with the lame comments that it's only on this forum etc?

EDIT: Not talking about you in particular.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

I kinda agree with you.

lets a positive spin on it, what do you think is amazing about the game at max level that earns your sub?  

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

I kinda agree with you.

not going to start another one of these threads but everything has been talked about a million times over and over... but for me besides all the instancing, very phased worlds, very linear planets, very lifeless planets(all facts btw) my biggest gripe is the class/talent trees and combat... combat I guess you can blow off and say well it's your basic MMO fair which Is true but doesn't make it any more interesting than any other MMO made since EQ1.. But the class/talents are just pathetic.. they offer little to no customization you are basically stuck going up one tree due to the fact most the trees revolve around a ammo type, stance, ect...  you only have a few actual skills in the talent trees most of the talents are your basic +5% this and that. This leads to every single class playing pretty much exactly the same no matter what you do..  then you add the mirror classing in and you have even LESS variety in classes and skills.. just overall makes the game so dull and boring.. I could go on but that's the gist of it.

Wow you actually answered me! Nice!

I agree with some of your statements.

You nailed it when you said "basic MMO fair". That is true. Still does not make it fail. Just makes it like all the others.

But I don't find it any more dull than any other WoW clone. BTW WoW clone is not a perjorative. It is a good thing.

Originally posted by Nixl

haters gonna hate.

I do not understand.  You have not played TOR, yet you state that people who are appauled at the story decisions (Kotor was a dedicated RPG), the terrible customer service, the bad PVP experience, especially on Ilum, the faction imbalance, the terribly mirrored class system that gave Imperials better versions of spells, raid/loot bugs that still plague Eternity Vault and Soa, and the unoptimized system game are all just illogical haters trying to hatch a conspiracy?

How is it that RPG players who loved the Kotor series for its story are not allowed to speak up when the story is dumbed down into a generic action story?

edit:  I do not know if I read your reply wrong, but I am confused.  Maybe I read it wrong.

My friend,

I am writing this with sincerity in my heart so take heat,

You are allowed to say every goddamn thing you want. At least as long as the internet is free. But you are going to lose on whatever negativity thing you are speaking up against.

I did play SWTOR (for over a hundred hours) and I love the KOTOR franchise, and yes, there are problems, and yes, those problems are worth communicationg. But you are still going to lose.

You're going to lose because at the end of the day, your mindset is the problem. I am one of those people who believe that if those things they complain about today gets fixed, they will complain about something else tomorrow. You're hot and you're cold, you are yes and you're no, as Katy Perry screams in one of her pop songs. 

There are people out there with a different mind set. These people don't have time for the bulls**t. They go "ohh man, this and that sucks, but I take it for what it is, and I give feedback on the forums, and just get the best out of it while I can".

You don't even have to settle for crap. You don't even have to play MMORPGs if you think there is none of them there is worth your time. Then you can do other things, play other kind of games. If you are sitting back hating on a game, and acting like you got robbed, you lose. It's not your game, you don't got a say, just because you can say your opinion. The games direction is not democracy. It's capitalism. It's a business, and haters who have a problem with that is going to keep losing until they stop hating or move out in the forest and start hating on nature.

I can also be booked for private motivational self-help one-on-ones.

Contact me on 5-5-5 winning-like-a-winner for private instructionals on how to win 

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

I kinda agree with you.

Wow you actually answered me! Nice!

I agree with some of your statements.

You nailed it when you said "basic MMO fair". That is true. Still does not make it fail. Just makes it like all the others.

But I don't find it any more dull than any other WoW clone. BTW WoW clone is not a perjorative. It is a good thing.

Maybe because you are mistaking volume for intensity.

The local hamburger shop makes a really bad burger, but you won't see much to do about it, but Mcdonalds and their 5 billion servered will get a ton of bad feedback. For many, myself included, the game was meh. But just by pure numbers, therange outside the bell curve will seem like a disproportionate amount. But it really isn't. It's just that the game was way to popular for the low standards it put out. Expecting more from a bigger company is normal human behavior.

This discussion has been closed.