Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Kingdoms of Amalur LiveStream @ 10am EST

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Come join us as we stream 38 Studios' Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning during the Saturday Morning Happy Fun Zone (yes, we're calling it that). If you've got questions about the game, we've got answers, but it could just be fun to eat our cereal together and reminisce about Ren & Stimpy.  Remember, the stream begins at about 10am EST, and should run for about an hour before Bill runs off to record the podcast, so come hang out!

MMORPG.com's LiveStream Channel on Twitch.TV

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Thanks for hanging out guys!  See you next week, and be sure to email me any ideas for games to billmurphy at mmorpg dot com.

Have a good weekend!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

I didnt know KOA is MMO?

Well you learn something every day :O

But acidentally TERA is having exclusive preview weekend this sunday. But i guess its not important.

Its after all just a mmorpg....

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hey Lobo,

We're not IN the TERA weekend preview, and Amalur was streamed as a prelude to the MMO Copernicus.  Sorry to let you down, but next week may be better!

My Review Manifesto

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Who cares if it's a mmo or rpg? As long as the game is good does it really matter what genre the game falls under?
  • DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

Originally posted by Aeolron

Who cares if it's a mmo or rpg? As long as the game is good does it really matter what genre the game falls under?

Yeah this is a site about MMOs. If they wanted to start doing previews of other games then they are free to change their name.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Deeter

Originally posted by Aeolron

Yeah this is a site about MMOs. If they wanted to start doing previews of other games then they are free to change their name.

nitpickers.

There's a mmorpg game set in the same world in the works as well. It shares lore, setting and well, some of the characters with the singleplayer franchise being built around that world.

You do not seem to nitpick when this website posts lore updates for guild wars II for example, do you?

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Hey Lobo,

We're not IN the TERA weekend preview, and Amalur was streamed as a prelude to the MMO Copernicus.  Sorry to let you down, but next week may be better!

Nothing against Amalur. I play it myself.

But people here come for MMOs , and streaming TERA would be a good choice since not everyone got into preview weekend.

BTW if you want , i can give you my account. I will not play tommorow anyway.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Hmm, for anyone wanting to see different streams check out twitch.tv

Often players stream betas like Totalbiscuit streamed Kingdoms of Amalur too.

Same for Tera beta and other stuff

• fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138

are you guys that are complaining about the fact tha  " KoA is not an mmo and shouldn't be here on mmorpg.com  " new ?, this is not the first time  mmorpg.com has done things wtih non mmo games, so if you are new get used to it, if your not new, then get over it, i know that i got over it when they first started this sort of thing

• KoviaKovia Member UncommonPosts: 5

There is scope for KOA to become an MMO...

Infact the lead developer of KOA (ex Oblivion Lead Dev) has already stated he is going to work on an mmo along the same lines of KOA and has already published the name of the game although off the top of my head I have forgotten what the name is.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

Amalur is totally a single player MMO. Everything from the quests to the instanced dungeons scream MMO. So yeah, it's just a preview of what is to come with their true MMO.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Originally posted by Terronte

Amalur is totally a single player MMO. Everything from the quests to the instanced dungeons scream MMO. So yeah, it's just a preview of what is to come with their true MMO.

What you posted here doesn't make any sense. MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. You said Amalur is a SINGLE PLAYER Massive Multiplayer Online which contradicts itself. I think you meant to refer to it as an RPG = Role Playing Game. :)

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Some of you people complaining need to get a grip.They have done this in the past and even recent with Skyrim.Whatever has buzz around it and is rpg tends to get covered which i find great.remember this site is mmoRPG note the last 3 letters there are plentty in face most all mmo on this site have very lil rpg in them yet are covered,

In closing if you do not wanna read about,or watch a KOA stream or article then simple DON'T click on it.I personally could give a **** about Tera has fail written all over it

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

Haters gonna hate... not much else you can do.  I understand why their getting upset and it's completely irrational.  Gotta ignore them

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

sorry to miss the show- but i have been playin KoA since its release and loving it!!! thanks for posting your review and news of the game here!-