Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera is a Cute game

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

[mod edit]

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Originally posted by Mari2k

[mod edit]

Most quoted explanation for this is 'hey if have to look at my toons ass all the time it mighty as well be a pretty female one'

Sounds reasonable to me.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

[mod edit]

-------------------------------------------------------

Also, Tera looks soooo bad. Are you all blind? The animation is horrible, characters look unnatural, leaning forward for some reason, legs move like sticks, combat effects are like from 1990s - too much of unnecessary weird flashy lights and stuff.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by NBlitz

I see TERA, F2P, TERA, F2P and I just shake my head...

"a certain something", "general F2P feeling". Could you be any more vague? I've tried many F2P titles and the production quality is what gives a game the F2P stench.

So you're saying the production quality in TERA can be compared to that of Asian F2P games???

Why don't I see the same being said about a certain other inexplicably expensive title which is ultimately a steaming pile of turd? Oh right, it's not Asian.

Let me help you.  His comparison between Tera and F2P games is valid since basically the art style gameworld and character models are only slightly more polished version of the its Korean F2P pals.  The difference is a more polished lookng game with a price tag and a sub and no cash shop.

The "steaming pile of turd" you speak of does not have an army of F2P clones that resemble it.  It doesnt change your opinion of the game, which I can respect but that steamer doesnt look play and feel like a Korean F2P.

Did that clear things up for you?

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by EverSkelly

[mod edit]

Also, Tera looks soooo bad. Are you all blind? The animation is horrible, characters look unnatural, leaning forward for some reason, legs move like sticks, combat effects are like from 1990s - too much of unnecessary weird flashy lights and stuff.

/sarcasm

There, fixed it for you. ^_^

• SlayraSlayra Member UncommonPosts: 24

I have to agree with some of the previous comments on this thread. The "beta" community i've witnessed so far is one of the worse i've ever seen in any mmo during "beta". Random trash chat all over the place. Insults to one's beliefs/religion/country/sex orientation and all randomness in between. And i have played lots of game "betas", including F2P.

Yes, it happens in a lot of other games, but the thing is, it shouldn't.

No idea why that happens in this game, and i have no idea what is wrong with some of its players.

The combat system looks pretty cool though...

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Slayra

I have to agree with some of the previous comments on this thread. The "beta" community i've witnessed so far is one of the worse i've ever seen in any mmo during "beta". Random trash chat all over the place. Insults to one's beliefs/religion/country/sex orientation and all randomness in between. And i have played lots of game "betas", including F2P.

Yes, it happens in a lot of other games, but the thing is, it shouldn't.

No idea why that happens in this game, and i have no idea what is wrong with some of its players.

The combat system looks pretty cool though...

pretty much every open beta i have ever been in was like this.. I know this is closed beta but really anyone can get a key so its basically the same.. most of this drops off once the game goes P2P though...  but yes asian style games with skimpy outfits do generally attract some of the worst people I have ever seen.

• MichaelCrMichaelCr Member Posts: 32

Yes the people have been harible reminds me of alot of the people I dealt with in Swtor Empire side. But the combat in this game is so fun that I just tune them out for the most part.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

The art style and hyped 'action combat' are going to attract more younger players than older ones, so I would expect that you will see a very immature community.

Think about it, who is going to want to play the game with very cartoony scantily clad chicks more: a 14 year old or a 34 year old.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by teakbois

Think about it, who is going to want to play the game with very cartoony scantily clad chicks more: a 14 year old or a 34 year old.

If both of the two are male, then I would say: BOTH.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by teakbois

If both of the two are male, then I would say: BOTH.

Unless the later one never touched a female in real life, I would say first :)

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

[mod edit]

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

[mod edit]

lol yea I almost always play female toons in games.. usually because the male ones usually looks like crap compared to the female.. even in swtor with full VO I enjoyed playing a female char a lot more than male

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by Mari2k

Originally posted by Master10K

Looks a bit more than just cute, if you know what I mean. image

But I also wish TERA was Buy 2 Play, because in it's current state I just see myself getting TERA and burning through the free month as quickly as possible. Maybe I'll sub for one month, to experience some of the endgame content and try an alt, but I just don't spend extended amount of time in a sub-based game. Also I would like to see a screenshot of this "so-called" filthy General Chat.

Sorry but guys that make female toon and wear half naked outfits should visit a doctor asap. They really have mental probelms in rl.

Did you even consider that they roll a female toon because they just want to look at sexy pixels? I think it is kind of obvious. Not every player sees as a representation as themself.

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

Originally posted by EverSkelly

[mod edit]

We agree on the back pain of movement by most of the races. I will not be playing the Castanic due to this most likely.

I will be going with my wife's recommendation of playing the Elin. I will name her JCP or Degeneres... or something like that.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

" the in game community is far from it at this point" 

Lol I was going to say. Its just awful. You have to just turn chat off. Been along time since I seen that kind of talk and NOTHING gets done about it. And shows you what kind of people this game panders to. If this would have came out a few years ago maybe but now? Has nothing going for it..

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Zeblade

" the in game community is far from it at this point" 

Lol I was going to say. Its just awful. You have to just turn chat off. Been along time since I seen that kind of talk and NOTHING gets done about it. And shows you what kind of people this game panders to. If this would have came out a few years ago maybe but now? Has nothing going for it..

Once again, 4CHAN and Reddit exposed the IGN trial account thing and got hundreds maybe thousands of people codes. This will not be the games actual community.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

The chat was pretty much being spammed by the same people
    If you were on my server you should know this one: My right arm is alot stronger than my left arm. Or, GW2 is for lazy bums and children. Or, etc. Several people kept spamming that literally all day. Makes you wonder if they have a life outside gaming. Hell, I went to work and came back and saw the same guy spamming his right arm is stronger than his left.

BOOYAKA!

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

^I got a lot "High Elves are gay" and "Elin for pedos" spam, occasionally it was quite amusing.

"because Elin are small they've got small hitboxes"

-"YOU want to hit their boxes!"

/sigh

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I agree with the OP.  Game has nice style to it.  But, it doesn't seem very deep and more like a beefed up eastern F2P.  

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , when I look at Tera , it reminds me of the EQ box cover with the blonde chick with some good sized cleavage. Another typical half naked female MMO , how did that box cover work out for EQ 1 and 2?  ... oh what's that?   Thought you said something.

If your already on Rift , stick to it , lol.    

ArcheAge is way more promissing then this garbage.

Only reason Tera is hyped #5 is because of those half naked pixeled females.

Those that say sex sales , really now?   I don't know how business works in Asia , but none of those pedo / perv MMO ever worked in the western world.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , when I look at Tera , it reminds me of the EQ box cover with the blonde chick with some good sized cleavage. Another typical half naked female MMO , how did that box cover work out for EQ 1 and 2?  ... oh what's that?   Thought you said something.

If your already on Rift , stick to it , lol.    

ArcheAge is way more promissing then this garbage.

Only reason Tera is hyped #5 is because of those half naked pixeled females.

Those that say sex sales , really now?   I don't know how business works in Asia , but none of those pedo / perv MMO ever worked in the western world.

I have a feeling you didn`t play the game or atleast not passed level 5. I hate if you are saying anything like this without any knowledge.

I would never go to RIFT over TERA, Archeages combat looks like it`s from the stone age of gaming, regardless of its sandbox features the combat grinds my gears. 

It`s hyped at 5 because people actually played the game and researched it unlike you, therefore we know all the awesome qualities it brings. Now if you just want to bash a game, get out.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

Imma play just so I can be a scantily clad loli swinging an axe 4x her size and chopping stuff up. All the while she'll be giggling like the psychotic schoolgirl she is. XD.

Ok seriously, I thought the combat system in tera just looked a bit diffrent, I wish I could try it though because I won't buy a mmo I haven't tried before. Almost wasted the money on that piece of shit SWToR thank god i got into beta so I avoided that bullet, when on the 2nd day of playing a new mmo and your falling asleep in the middle of combat because its so boring, you know not to buy it. Devs need to stop making world of warcraft clones, people are sick of the themepark crap.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Pivotelite

It`s hyped at 5 because people actually played the game and researched it unlike you, therefore we know all the awesome qualities it brings. Now if you just want to bash a game, get out.

Is being hyped at 5 really a good thing when you are one of only 4 MMORPGs to be released this year?  A MMOFPS by the most hated company in the industry is ahead of TERA...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.