Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK so the wait is over. NDA for Press is over 21st of Feb.

DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Ok peps. A ton of Press have been over in Montreal and in Oslo Norway according to news sent out through The secret World facebook. The coordinated launch of all the previewes, the system of the game the preorder, etc etc.. will happen the 21st of Feb.. The wait is over and expect to get flooded with info...Can't wait!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150596349836941&set=a.213484491940.132919.144957886940&type=1&theater

Particularly looking forward to all the details on the crafting and character creation system.

Thought I just should share it in case you are not on the facebook.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Comments

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

So the floodgates will open on the 21st!  Can't wait.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Loading suborbital information satelite.....done

Adjusting wavelenght to subcutan CIA chips....done.

Injecting opinion subrutines....done.

Re-aligning deflector dish...done

Shields to maximum (just do be sure)...done.

Readying transmision...done.

Clearing bandwidth...done.

Ready to fire

>>PRESS WHEN READY<<

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Certainly seems like it. They are kicking everything off by letting gamingpress gobble up on TSW this weekend and the next. Week after that. It's blowout of all this info. This is a little more than 2 months before the indicated launchdate the 24th of April.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Originally posted by DaSpack

Certainly seems like it. They are kicking everything off by letting gamingpress gobble up on TSW this weekend and the next. Week after that. It's blowout of all this info. This is a little more than 2 months before the indicated launchdate the 24th of April.

Plenty of time for pre-orders, beta events, etc.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

Originally posted by cinos

Lol, so TSW press nda lifts 1 day after the GW2 press nda lifts.

Gotta love that timing. :p

They are confident.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by Hycoo

They are confident.

They are confident like hell this time. Like that. makes me think that the game is solid :)

Sort of Fck GW2 and Fck pice of crap TERA... lolz

The Ultimate Breakdown

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Could be a good sign I will at the very least  give it a look over have been following it for awhile now and curious about what final version will be,.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

{mod edit}

This date is also good for me as I will probably be tired of all the fun Im having over at the SWTOR forums.. and need a new place to hang out and watch.. as the fanboy vs HATE train starts...  I'm Really looking forward to this battle, been waiting for years now... Iv sharpend my knifes and Im ready to fight.. hope you fanboys are ready.. Its going to be WAR!!!!

Thank you Funcom, Im looking forward to all the drama and I hope it will entertain me lots and lots during the coming months..

You have also teamed up with EA so this is gona be dubble the FUN...

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

They are confident.

Well they have to be, if they plan on going up against GW2 in such a manner. Kinda funny though.

They are confident.

They are confident like hell this time. Like that. makes me think that the game is solid :)

Its to their own. I just hope all those Funcom haters stay away from the game, don't want some childish and bitter dude ruin the experience for me.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

They are confident.

more like they need to rush it out otherwise they dont have any chance against GW2 and Tera.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Zlayer77

{mod edit}

This date is also good for me as I will probably be tired of all the fun Im having over at the SWTOR forums.. and need a new place to hang out and watch.. as the fanboy vs HATE train starts...  I'm Really looking forward to this battle, been waiting for years now... Iv sharpend my knifes and Im ready to fight.. hope you fanboys are ready.. Its going to be WAR!!!!

Thank you Funcom, Im looking forward to all the drama and I hope it will entertain me lots and lots during the coming months..

hahaha, 

I have made a list of folks to follow who are blindly devoted to these yet to be released games.... just because I want to see their post after the games release. It's sad..but hey... I have some free time...lol

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Im crazy excited for this game, but im not blind enough to think its gonna be gods gift to the world off the first day. Day 1 is gonna suck, Day 1 on all MMO's suck. This game though will be the biggest step forward in the MMO culture for awhile now, and its a much needed one.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

This game has AMAZING role playing potential :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243
    Nowaday u cant judge a game by looking at the video anymore, too many viral marketing and hyping just the movie Immortals.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Nice! 11 days and counting. Can't wait to read about the non combat aspects of this game.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Americans might not appreciate the date, but in most of Europe, February 21st 2012 is written 21022012, or backwards 21022012. Yeah it's a Palindrom. ;)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    That's good news the date is ironic but any way Funcom and Anet will be getting my money they deserve it for attempting new things and having tried em out they look like they will live up to it.

Time will tell.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by Zlayer77

{mod edit}

only in sweden we have this kinda people. lmao

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The wait is over for the fail to finally continue!

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

Americans might not appreciate the date, but in most of Europe, February 21st 2012 is written 21022012, or backwards 21022012. Yeah it's a Palindrom. ;)

Also April 24th is 24042012, there seems to be something there.  Anyway they love to make numbers mean something.  The ARG's are incredible. 

See all you doomsayers in game a month after release.  Don't worry we won't quote your predictions of fail and rub them in your face.  We leave that to the trolls.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

Seems like butthurt AoC ex-fans already made up their mind about TSW heh.

Thing is, after a lot of frustrations in the first few months of AoC and the inevitable ragequit, I was a Funcom hater all right but since I love non-tab-target melee combat and I'm a huge fan of collision detection and general realism in video games I saw the potential in the game and I did revisit it many times since then and Funcom won me over.

They didn't abandon the game and even though they were ultra slow in improving AoC they did eventually made the game much more fun and the melee combat is still the best you can find in a MMO.

They improved the engine a lot so I don't really expect many technical problems in TSW, I wont preorder though, I still need to try it before I buy it but hating on Funcom at this point is just dumb.

I can understand the still burning Sony hate after the SWG fiasco but I don't get the Funcom hate at all.

Move on kids.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

They are confident.

Riiight, if they were so confident they'd pop the NDA on the same day. But still tis' hilarious.

This is not a game.

Originally posted by Zeroxin

They are confident.

Riiight, if they were so confident they'd pop the NDA on the same day. But still tis' hilarious.

A date is not just a date in TSW.