Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TotalBiscuit's Salem preview from Gamescom

YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Link here

Basically two game devs show off the game, talk about how crafting works, how permadeath system works, plans for cross-server interaction(every server is like a "separate colony") and various other things.

Clears up quite a lot of misconceptions people seem to have about this game and offers some new info as well.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
# A MASKED CRY ADORING
# A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

Comments

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

looks very interesting feature-wise.

too bad they have gone for a cute and cartoony art style though, I would have prefered a more realistic look.

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

Originally posted by Biskop

looks very interesting feature-wise.

too bad they have gone for a cute and cartoony art style though, I would have prefered a more realistic look.

yeah, that is the turn off for me. Actually, I think haven and hearth looks way better than what I've seen of salem...maybe its just me, though. Salem doesn't look as good and it isn't because of the cartoony style.

That and supposedly Salem will have a much smaller world than haven and hearth (but not 100% sure on this)...another turn off, as I enjoy a hermit life style in HnH or having a small group of friends making it out in the world.

I'll probably stick with haven and hearth...but hopefully a lot of the griefers go to salem, that would be nice :P