Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population Increase!!!!!

darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/71311-population-increase.html

For real THIS TIME!!

Or until the next quarterly comes out and says it ain't so.

Old Today, 01:47

#1 (permalink)

default Population Increase?

Seems like the population of Mortal Online has gone of dramatically over the past couple weeks. Maybe it's just because it's the weekend, but Fabernum and Meduli seem almost crowded.

I don't know why this is. The expansion was announced, but it won't be released for probably another couple of months.

Old Today, 04:07

#2 (permalink)

Focus Group

Send a message via Skype™ to princereaper

I feel you bro. I used to be able to roll into GZ towns like moh-ki as a red. Now i got all these damn noobies settling in my town. Its nice to see the population growing but they are upsetting my peace and quiet town.

[PRAE]Churchhill & Princey

Comments

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

The thread just goes on and on about how everyone agrees the population has increased a great deal recently.

My only question is why now?

There's hasn't been a major patch out recently, and the expansion is still a while away.  Maybe it's just retention among trial accounts is a lot higher now.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

theres certainly been more activity on the forums over the past few days, the total people active on the forum was 230 around 50 higher than usual peak times.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by username509

The thread just goes on and on about how everyone agrees the population has increased a great deal recently.

There's hasn't been a major patch out recently, and the expansion is still a while away.  Maybe it's just retention among trial accounts is a lot higher now.  

So is it 22,000 subs now?  You said it was at 20k before.

I think it is because of the Massivly article a lot of people trying it out.  But we all know the retention rate after 1 month.

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

I'd guess it's just because of more publicity from the expansion update and various articles.

• genoshangenoshan Member UncommonPosts: 51

I am one of the new players and I bought 2 more with me.

I tried SWTOR and it ws terribad so I quit before the first month. While looking for something else, I saw the massively article. I played for 1 day then subbed .

I love the throwbacks to UO. Only thing I dont like is the vets squishing the noobs in Fab all day. This is a game that looks like it needs numbers to make the game fun, yet these players seems intent on chasing away new players.

I am used to the hashness of this style of game, but even I didn't like losing my horse the first time i took it out. The guy who killed me ran at me and 2 shot me ...

Anyone considering the game, give it a try, especially if you like to pvp or craft. Just dont expect to be top dog in a week.

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by genoshan

I am one of the new players and I bought 2 more with me.

I tried SWTOR and it ws terribad so I quit before the first month. While looking for something else, I saw the massively article. I played for 1 day then subbed .

I love the throwbacks to UO. Only thing I dont like is the vets squishing the noobs in Fab all day. This is a game that looks like it needs numbers to make the game fun, yet these players seems intent on chasing away new players.

I am used to the hashness of this style of game, but even I didn't like losing my horse the first time i took it out. The guy who killed me ran at me and 2 shot me ...

Anyone considering the game, give it a try, especially if you like to pvp or craft. Just dont expect to be top dog in a week.

I think you should of waited the whole trial before you bought but it is your money.  Yes the reds can be bad.  There is no drawback to being a mindless killer.  And with the new killboards it actually gives a reason to be a mindless killer. 

If you are having fun crafting to pvp and pvp then that is the whole game have fun. 

• genoshangenoshan Member UncommonPosts: 51

To buy the game with a month sub included was $23 from gamersgate. If it keeps me entertained for a few weeks, it's good value.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I feel sorry for those people who bought a subscription.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Edit... just saw they have a 14 day trial.  I'm downloading now.

I plan to give this game a go as soon as they get me a trial key.  If I like it, I'll buy it.  

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I wish they would quit jumping the gun on this kind of statement lol. Every time the "Populations Booming" it's proven to be false. How many times can you cry wolf before people stop coming to check?

My advice.........

1) Wait for the population to actually increase, now I don't mean another 100-200 players, I mean a significant increase.... though 100-200 players probably would be considered a significant increase for MO.

2) Wait a month or two before claiming the population has increased or that the population is booming. Just because someone tries the game it does not mean they will stay and this is especially true for MO.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

1) Wait for the population to actually increase, now I don't mean another 100-200 players, I mean a significant increase.... though 100-200 players probably would be considered a significant increase for MO.

This.

Of course people say the pop is booming when the average population of a major city goes from 10 (on a good day) to 25.

Also, retention rate is the important thing. A lot of people have tried MO, some of them subbed for a month or two, but then what? The game just fails to keep anyone but the most addicted PvP junkies and/or fanboys playing for any significant time period.

Looks like Mortal Onlines GM's are confirming the population increase too.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/71311-population-increase-2.html#post1265845

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Which might as well be explained by increase of bugs, not population :P

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Yes... because Henrik, the devs and the GM's have such a great track record with the truth. Those Veteran rewards were ready to go almost 2 months ago acording to that very same GM...........

Though the person below you does have a valid point.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Average experience in Mortal Online:

a person log ins to the game, swings his default weapon againsta a tree, runs forwards for a mile or two with a slug speed seeing nothing except few trees, few mobs and a lot of bad bare ground textures, the person dies from a bored red, the person uninstalls the game. The end. When SV will deliever a breathing, populated by mobs and moving NPCs, immersive world instead of that bare landscape with hardly anything interesting to do I may consider subbing again.

However as it stands right now, Skyrim modders have higher chances to make it a multiplayer game, then SV has to resurect it failed promises.

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Swtor happened. People reched 50 and found out that after seeing the nice story there is nothing to that game that would want you to stay for a long time.

I went looking for a sandbox again because i allways liked them and i am tired of doing quest after quest after quest.

I play MO for about two weeks now and i am having a blast so far. And yes it is populated quite well right now. I don't know how it was but right now there is quite a few people in the towns and around them.

Funny how the poster above said there are not enough mobs. This is very positive in MO. The game is not ridiculously filled with mobs to dodge on every squaremeter. You have to go venture through the beautiful world and search for mobs and there is plenty.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

the population has increased in the last month or so, it might have even doubled. sadly the more people there the weaker and unstable the server gets and more bugs show up. take your pick i guess.

• arteskillaarteskilla Member UncommonPosts: 28

Can see how this game can appeal to some people, but my impression of it was horrible. Worst experience I ever had in an MMO was in that game's first day of 14 day trial.

• amadmanamadman Member Posts: 19

The population does seem to be growing. More and more people are running around in the towns  again for sure.

But me alone saying it does not really mean much.

You will know if MO really ever gets rolling becuase the handfull of nay sayers here will get drowned out.

Untill then though.....

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by darthturtle1

So is it 22,000 subs now?  You said it was at 20k before.

I think it is because of the Massivly article a lot of people trying it out.  But we all know the retention rate after 1 month.

Sounds likely, yes. A lot of people never even heard of MO so publicity is a good thing. And even if many quits it still should raise the sub numbers.

I've been reading about these secret dungeons on the official forums that I've never seen before.  Maybe the new dungeons have something to do with the fact the population is increasing?

Anyways, it's odd to see the pop increase when there was no major expansion or patch recently.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

The population is not increasing and never has. No matter how many threads you post that lie in, you are still wrong.

If you disagree, please show your evidence that contradicts SV's own financial figures. Cos if you do, Henrik is going to be in a lot of trouble with the Swedish govt regarding filing false company records.

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Originally posted by Betel

The population is not increasing and never has. No matter how many threads you post that lie in, you are still wrong.

If you disagree, please show your evidence that contradicts SV's own financial figures. Cos if you do, Henrik is going to be in a lot of trouble with the Swedish govt regarding filing false company records.

Those financial records were from last year...the population increase being mentioned in that thread is talking about over the last month or so. I don't think any records have been released that shows whether the population is increase or decreasing in the past month.

The thread is just saying that thier as been a increase in activity in a lot of the towns it seems. I'm sorry if you can't handle that or don't want to believe it, it's just an observation from some of the players.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by drakes821

Originally posted by Betel

Those financial records were from last year...the population increase being mentioned in that thread is talking about over the last month or so. I don't think any records have been released that shows whether the population is increase or decreasing in the past month.

The thread is just saying that thier as been a increase in activity in a lot of the towns it seems. I'm sorry if you can't handle that or don't want to believe it, it's just an observation from some of the players.

If several people sing the tune of "population increase" then you can expect that other people will join in as well even if they didn't believe that it was true.

If someone walked past you with red hair color, and 5 minutes later someone asked you what color the person's hair was, you would probably say red. However, if several people were around you and described the hair color as more "purple" than  red, then you may reply that it was "purplish red" or even as "purple". 

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

Over the last few weeks there has been a massive boom in the popualtion in mortal.

Banks are crowded in all the towns and there are a good number of blues running around getting ready for the awakening expansion.

This discussion has been closed.