Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Jedi Guardian Player's Guide

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

In the latest addition to our growing library of Star Wars: The Old Republic player's guides, we present the Jedi Guardian, the advanced class for the Jedi Knight. Read on and become invincible!

The Jedi Guardian is an advanced class of the Jedi Knight. Its skill trees are Defense, Vigilance and Focus. The focus tree is shared with the Jedi Sentinel. The Jedi Guardian is a mirror class of the Sith Juggernaut.

Read more of Phil Bickle's Star Wars: The Old Republic: Jedi Guardian Player's Guide.

Comments

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I play Defense, and the guide says what I pretty much do.

• thedrakonthedrakon Member UncommonPosts: 213

Defense ? seriously ?

I was about 31 def /10 vigilance till I found out that Vigilance tank is way better.

Now I'm 17 def/24 vigilance

Analyse tier per tier, point per point... and you will see what I mean.

Guardian slash is underpowered when compare to overhead slash.

blade barrier is broken and is really not effective, way better to get protector from vigilance tree (+4% endurance, and the bonus to guardian apply to both target and player)

And in all this, with the vigilance tree, it's damn easier to hold treat

I won't go and explan all the build I now use,  they are already plenty of guide over the net about it.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Good article.  I made the gross error of rolling a sentinel with my Jedi.  Perhaps one day I'll go back and change specs, but until then I'm enjoying my commando trooper a LOT more than I did the Jedi.  The Jedi had a great story, so I do want to return to it at some point to finish that, but not until I've drained all the fun out of the trooper class first. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    ^^ No problem just delete your toon you have been working on and make a,new one right? Lol I know its not that easy
  • DayzonDayzon Member UncommonPosts: 55

Unfortunately best Guardian spec is called "Trooper". You could remove Guardians from the game, as they aren't actualy needed, same goes for Smugglers. I play both as my mains, but after class quests are done, they go on the shelf.  Odd that two of the Icons of the IP would have no specific purpose, or be neccessary. There is no encounter where a Guardian, or Sawbones is a must have. Troopers, and Councelors are better.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing both, but.....Han, and Luke are riding at the back of the bus.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Originally posted by Dayzon

Unfortunately best Guardian spec is called "Trooper". You could remove Guardians from the game, as they aren't actualy needed, same goes for Smugglers. I play both as my mains, but after class quests are done, they go on the shelf.  Odd that two of the Icons of the IP would have no specific purpose, or be neccessary. There is no encounter where a Guardian, or Sawbones is a must have. Troopers, and Councelors are better.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing both, but.....Han, and Luke are riding at the back of the bus.

Yeah...I kinda agree.  Don't get me wrong, I too am having fun.  But I was thinking about a quote the other day from Obi-wan "Sith are our speciality"....well, uhm...not really, lol. Almost any other class can take out Sith easier than a Jedi Knight. Trooper comes to mind.  If the SWTOR universe were real, there'd be little reason for the Jedi Knights to have ever sprung into existance. They certainly aren't needed to deal with dark side force users.