Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim - what to do?

StyrkarStyrkar Member Posts: 10

I've done the main quest. I've done Winterhold, companions, stormcloaks, thieves guid and DB. I've done tons of other quests and radiant quests. I have only like 50 hours in this game, now finding myself with nothing interesting to do. Where are you people finding all of this interesting content? 

“Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people”

-Nido Qubein

Comments

• kareem12345kareem12345 Member Posts: 25

lol wow i have 44 hours played in skyrim so far all ive been doing is the misclloenus quests and sidequests and only faction quests ive completed is the conpaions quest for the main quest line ive only done about 4 of them and i tihnk your lying you cant beat the whole game in 50 hours im pretty sure thats impossible unless you play it on the easiest settings

• StyrkarStyrkar Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by kareem12345

lol wow i have 44 hours played in skyrim so far all ive been doing is the misclloenus quests and sidequests and only faction quests ive completed is the conpaions quest for the main quest line ive only done about 4 of them and i tihnk your lying you cant beat the whole game in 50 hours im pretty sure thats impossible unless you play it on the easiest settings

I've played it on Adept (or whatever the one in the middle is). I didn't say I beat the WHOLE game, there are still some quests I havent done, and I've beaten every faction, but I'm having trouble finding any extra ones or anything else interesting to do. I've cleared nearly every dungeon on my map. The game is pretty empty right now.

“Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people”

-Nido Qubein

• kashiegamerkashiegamer Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by Styrkar

Originally posted by kareem12345

I've played it on Adept (or whatever the one in the middle is). I didn't say I beat the WHOLE game, there are still some quests I havent done, and I've beaten every faction, but I'm having trouble finding any extra ones or anything else interesting to do. I've cleared nearly every dungeon on my map. The game is pretty empty right now.

Whenever you feel tired of the vanilla content, go to skyrimnexus.com and look for mods. But I'll advice you wait for a week since the Creation Kit was just released yesterday.

If you want you can download the Creation Kit, too. Create your own mods. :)

----

Or you can always play some other games while big-time mods or DLCs haven't been released yet. :)

My Blog About Hellgate Global, an ARPG/FPS hybrid MMO:
    http://kashiewannaplay.wordpress.com/

Hellgate Global Official Fan Blog
    http://t3funhellgate.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hellgate Global, LoL, Skyrim, Morrowind
    Recently Played: Cardmon Hero, Cabal, Oblivion

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Just get out there, explore, and FIND the stuff.  Leave a trail of bodies as necessary.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

Download Thu'umic.

Set the shoutrecoverymult to something low... like .25 or hell even 0

Embarass yourself in front of friends and family by shouting like an idiot in a made up language 

Have the time of your life

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

I've also rolled several new characters, and each time noticing something I didn't do or catch before.  Stuff is out there to do, just go out there and you'll find more.

Just shut off the Quest Journal and just go.  Find something cool on the map and make your way there.  You will be surprised with what you come across along the way, or after some diversions as you go.

THAT is classic TES gaming.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by Warmaker

I've also rolled several new characters, and each time noticing something I didn't do or catch before.  Stuff is out there to do, just go out there and you'll find more.

Just shut off the Quest Journal and just go.  Find something cool on the map and make your way there.  You will be surprised with what you come across along the way, or after some diversions as you go.

Indeed. Just say "Alright, today I'll explore that area"...and then half-way there you spot something that catches your eyes and your off on a completely different road. That's what Skyrim is all about, the side quests, the things that really don't matter in other SRPG or even MMORPG are actually the thing Bethesda puts the most effort on in TES. The side-stuff is so fleshed out, each caves, sunken ships, ruins, etc all have their own little story and things to discover. It's really fun.

And to OP, I'm curious. You mentionned completing the Thieves Guild, but have you truly completed the Thieves Guild? One way to know is to see if you've unlocked the Steam achievement "One with the Shadows". I say  this because I've seen a lot of people who thought the Thieves Guild's story ended only after the Nightingale arc, but there's more to it.

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

*snip*

And to OP, I'm curious. You mentionned completing the Thieves Guild, but have you truly completed the Thieves Guild? One way to know is to see if you've unlocked the Steam achievement "One with the Shadows". I say  this because I've seen a lot of people who thought the Thieves Guild's story ended only after the Nightingale arc, but there's more to it.

You see, I didn't know about that part for the Thieves Guild.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I've done the main quest. I've done Winterhold, companions, stormcloaks, thieves guid and DB. I've done tons of other quests and radiant quests. I have only like 50 hours in this game, now finding myself with nothing interesting to do. Where are you people finding all of this interesting content? 

Done the Mages Guild yet?

*buh dum tish*

Seriously though, when all the obvious options are used up, there is likely 1/3rd of the entire map left unexplored. Go off on your own and check that shit out, there's nothing stopping you besides the lack of hand-holding.

~Also, I get high on altohol. 3 different characters, with 3 different playstyles, and each only handling 2 factions worth of niggling duties. Got a Mage's Guild / Companions Mage, a Companions / Theives Guild Warrior, and a DB / Mages Guild mass-murderer.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

*snip*

You see, I didn't know about that part for the Thieves Guild.

It's not actually anything major, although the game doesn't do a very good job in pointing you towards that direction. You actually need to do some grinding, depending on what you've done before. Look out for Vex or Delvin in the Ragged Flagon.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

iv'e played 200 hours now, And i am kinda in the same boat..

Recently i downloaded a mod to disable fast travel, you would be amazed the characters and adventures(quests) you see on the road to a destination.

I really wish there was a way to track quests you haven't done so you can seek them out.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by GTwander

Seriously though, when all the obvious options are used up, there is likely 1/3rd of the entire map left unexplored. Go off on your own and check that shit out, there's nothing stopping you besides the lack of hand-holding.

Plus all those other hidden artefacts hidden throughout the world like the Atronach Forge, or the Daedric Shrines, the Dragon Priests, etc.

Heck, I don't think any player has figured out what's the purpose of it yet but, there are insects in a jar hidden around the world and they each have a 3 letter code inscribed on them. Finding out what they're for could prove quite entertaining. Let's not forget the various books that leads to new discoveries, etc. So many things to see :P

• Skatty2007Skatty2007 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

In my opinion, Skyrim isn't about following the quests and picking up interesting random stuff along the way.  Its about randomly going about yourself with no particular aim at all and finding interesting stuff along the way.

I'm not creative enough to have a signature

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

Skyrim will be a game you can always go back to.  I played Skyrim for a good 100 hours and then switched it up to another game.  I plan to go back very soon to play another character type and find new stuff to explore. 

You really can...wait for it...role play in a game like Skyrim.  Choose what you want to be and be it.

I am very close to being rid of my current MMO and going back to my RPG/ORPG combo that I have done plenty of times, such as Morrowind/D2 & Skyrim/LoL.  It almost feels like I am stealing after paying for MMO's off and on for the past 10 or so years.

Originally posted by dannydeuce

You really can...wait for it...role play in a game like Skyrim.  Choose what you want to be and be it.

Bethesda mentionned this guy on their blog recently "Felix the Peaceful Monk" He plays through Skyrim without killing anything. There's also another player, I can't remember his name, whose goal is to play as an NPC, basically eating 3 times a day, sleeping, running a job (harvesting wheat, cabbage, etc and selling them for gold, crafting potions and selling them, etc), and so on, he doesn't fight or anything.

It's really interesting what players come up with :P

Sadly, the Fallout franchise is much more suited to the pacifist style because of the nature of dialog challenges, but I guess you can Calm everything that ever attacks you. Though, the mundane outlook is real interesting too - it's just sad there isn't a microcosm you can get lost in - like if moving to Karthwasten becames similar to a Harvest Moon game. Ack, apples and oranges... but it would be amazing to have that angle.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Just get out there, explore, and FIND the stuff.  Leave a trail of bodies as necessary.

This. Just go wander the world. You will find plenty to do and see.  Skyrim isn't a themepark game.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

Really??? Im the only guy here who likes Thu'um Mic??? Surely not!!

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i have 73 hours played, and i barely have touched the main quests lol

Originally posted by illorion

Really??? Im the only guy here who likes Thu'um Mic??? Surely not!!

Too much effort to even bother saying "Fuuus".

Middle-mouse button.

• StyrkarStyrkar Member Posts: 10

Okay, I lied. I didn't actually know how many hours I had put into the game, so I guessed/estimated 50. I actullay have 104. I haven't been using fast travel lately, and other than the occasional dragon or bandit party there's pretty much nothing interesting I run into. I've discovered 98% of the locations on the map.

Starting over would be...pointless. I would just be doing everything all over again. I could do the civil war differently and choose imperials instead, but I guess it's too bad those two questlines are copypastas of each other. 

-Nido Qubein

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

One of the very nice things about Skyrim is that there are a ton of cool quests that you will get while exploring. I would even dare say that that is the way one should approach this game. That's my opinion but I find that I have done 204 hours and I've just started the main quest and only half way through Companion quest. Did mage college, bard college a flavor of the Assassin's guild quest (meaning I didn't join the Assassin's guild).

Did you do the quest about the God's Heart or to that point any of the Daedric quests? Met any talking dogs lately or entered into any 'possessed' houses?

Some other neat things might be following the Headless Horsman, finding a named "jump point' and jumping, surviving (must survive it) and then finding out what happens there. Following the guy who is going to the giants' camp.

There are too many quests really to name as each city/town has some sort of "main quest" of it's own. The town where the populace's dreams are being fed off of or the one where a house burned down with "mysterious results".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

i've completed all the guild quests,misc quests,story quests ect...on 3 characters so for my 4th i'm playing abit differently doing more exploring and have a bunch of mods to add fun stuff for the game and i'm at 429hrs took a couple months off break to play swtor and felt like that was a waste lol.

PSN-SlyFox5679
    Xfire-Slyfox5679
    raptr-slygamer1979

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Join factions or explore there are many realy nice dungeons to find and explore also you can get quest when you explore you can meet people who need your help and give you a task to do.

50 hours is nothing there are so many quests and things to do in Skyrim lol.

Explore you free in this game whatever you wanne do and not punished for it totally open free game and world:)

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Try killing all the npc's, that's always a fun challenge.

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!