Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Players Reporting New Ilum Issues

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Star Wars: The Old Republic players are flocking to the official forums with reports that PvP kills on the planet are not registering for daily and weekly quests. The dev team has weighed into the thread and reported that the team is tracking the issue down.

What about you? Have you noticed the issue in your journeys on Ilum? Let us know!

Sourc: DarthHater.com

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

They count for me...O_o

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Just shut the planet down, it's boring anyways.

I would rather PVP objectives on Tatooine.

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

• Originally posted by tixylix

Actually here on Jedi Covanant its being played how it was designed due to balance and its actually pretty fun.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by Snaylor47

Actually here on Jedi Covanant its being played how it was designed due to balance and its actually pretty fun.

Not sure how it can be played as designed when the design is the problem to begin with.  I do wonder if it was the former Mythic guys that made this PvP objective, because it sure would make a lot of sense as to why this is failing horribly.

• mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

How long has it been since the last issue with Ilum?  I unsubscribed last week, before the one month charge came in, because the game was not doing it for me any more (made it to level 27 only).  I hope AND believe that Bioware will straighten it out soon.  Good luck to people that are still enjoying the game!

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Not sure how it can be played as designed when the design is the problem to begin with.  I do wonder if it was the former Mythic guys that made this PvP objective, because it sure would make a lot of sense as to why this is failing horribly.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and NO it was NOT the Mythic guys that did those PvP objectives.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

They keep this BS up along with the warzones and subsequent nerfs and then breaking the game with each patch just tested for 1 week, they are going to end up with a craptastic rating of 4 here on MMORPG.com and 1 less sub.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by Clocksimus

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and NO it was NOT the Mythic guys that did those PvP objectives.

Considering WAR was one of the best PvP games to come out in years (despite early server stability problems) I only wish Mythic had more of a hand in the PvP design.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Ilum's not even fun. We get massive lag, and or republic hides in their base.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Hey on my server Empire outnumbers Republic 3 to 1 on Illum so we Republic have no choice but to hide in our base and try to "fish" for kills to complete our dailies/weeklies.

Which is why I don't do Illum. At all. Ever. Because it's total garbage.

Good open world PvP > Good instanced PvP > Bad instanced PvP > Bad open world PvP.

Right now TOR has pretty good instanced PvP, and bad open world PvP.

Honestly at this point I'd vote for them to completely shut Illum down, take it out of the game, and focus instead on creating more and better Warzones and then spend some SERIOUS time developing actual world PvP and put it in with the fist expansion.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by SBFord

Star Wars: The Old Republic players are flocking to the official forums with reports that PvP kills on the planet are not registering for daily and weekly quests. The dev team has weighed into the thread and reported that the team is tracking the issue down.

What about you? Have you noticed the issue in your journeys on Ilum? Let us know!

Lol, did it ever worked?

SWTOR PvP is not existent, never existed and probably it won't be implemented for another year

At the moment is just a place holder, same as the space combat.

I really hope they didn't intend to design those features this way because it would be serious incompetence.

Worst PvP I played in my 10 years of MMO experience.........and the Space Combat is just a joke right? They cannot be serious implementing a 20 y/o arcade game in a 2011 multi million MMO production.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Yes, swtor is a PvE game, focus on story and soloplay. Just like GW2 will be, thats what people like these days.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by Mari2k

Yes, swtor is a PvE game, focus on story and soloplay. Just like GW2 will be, thats what people like these days.

Well for Guild Wars 2 it would be ironic and not making any sense. The title of the game saying enough.

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

Regarding the kills - I am absolutely sure that some kills you participated in won't count vs. your Qs. Most likely those are the kills started by another raid group (the reason why people group into raids after all is that you can get the raid kills towards your own, while even if you do DPS some guy and he got killed right away very often you won't get the kill). I've also noticed that the raid I am being at will more often get the kills for players I wounded first (which I do pretty much - being sorc aoe dps with this extended range perk).

While I thought this might have been made on purpose, I believe that should really be fixed as what you really get on Ilum during rep base camping is 1 second opportunity to DPS the poor guy who was pulled by your allies before he gots virtually fried by all the DPS spamming "select closest enemy"->whatever ranged DPS ability they have - it is not the best practice to reward only the group who have started the kill as the fact who started the kill is completely random and irrelevant.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

The kills work for many, and seem to not work for some. No idea what is causing it but evidently BioWare does.

No idea why this game is rated so poorly on this website, other than this place being known for it's massive trolling community. People want this game to fail for no real good reason other than they're scared of their precious WoW hemorraging subs at a rapid pace and don't want any successor as the top game. This game has almost 2 million subscribers, if not more than 2 million now with a very steady growth rate happening, new servers are turning very heavy every weekend. So ya'll can stop being silly now :D

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

They are patching in a fix this coming morning: http://www.swtor.com/blog/upcoming-patch-tomorrow-february-9th-2012

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Just like GW2? Are you kidding me? Yes GW2 will have PvE that will focus on story alot but the PvP is aiming to be the best on the market. Not that unbalanced/gear based crap you see in the latest MMO like Rift or TOR.

• DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86

As people have stated before, no GW2 will not  just focus on being a PvE game...or even focus on Soloplay. Have you read anything about it? It looks to be party-based, at least the majority of it. 

Also-Suzie Ford...you might wanna change Sourc to Source. 

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by BadSpock

Hey on my server Empire outnumbers Republic 3 to 1 on Illum so we Republic have no choice but to hide in our base and try to "fish" for kills to complete our dailies/weeklies.

Which is why I don't do Illum. At all. Ever. Because it's total garbage.

Good open world PvP > Good instanced PvP > Bad instanced PvP > Bad open world PvP.

Right now TOR has pretty good instanced PvP, and bad open world PvP.

Honestly at this point I'd vote for them to completely shut Illum down, take it out of the game, and focus instead on creating more and better Warzones and then spend some SERIOUS time developing actual world PvP and put it in with the fist expansion.

Agree 100%

Ilum has been a mess from day 1. And I'd wager that at least half of the complaints of the game revolve around Ilum as well.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Digirono

As people have stated before, no GW2 will not  just focus on being a PvE game...or even focus on Soloplay. Have you read anything about it? It looks to be party-based, at least the majority of it. 

Also-Suzie Ford...you might wanna change Sourc to Source. 

It's focused on both PVE and PVP plain and simple.

They are [attempting] to focus on both if any one  want to spin it back around to what I said.

"No they cater to casuals cause of DE's."

"No they cater to hardcore pvpers since they have actual skill base pvp."

Now on topic:

That is a bit interestin I don't think it's severe though...or is it?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

*facedesk*

Uninformed gamer is uninformed.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

You mean when the Imps and Reps stand in Ilum and trade kills for 2 hours its not counting???? And yes, this happens on Black Vulkars server every single day... We have more "Trade 'errrr I mean Battle Masters" than I can count...

• BoA*BoA* Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by nomss

I wonder why they hide in their base when Imps outnumber them 3+ to 1 on almost all servers. Must be nice to be on the zerg side.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by BoA*

I wonder why they hide in their base when Imps outnumber them 3+ to 1 on almost all servers. Must be nice to be on the zerg side.

Yup and I love how its always the imps on the server talking about being "true pvpers" because they sit in Ilum all day... yeah cause 10 against 2 is a true test of a pvper...

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Originally posted by BoA*

Yup and I love how its always the imps on the server talking about being "true pvpers" because they sit in Ilum all day... yeah cause 10 against 2 is a true test of a pvper...

Must be a server issue because on Hyperspace Cannon I know there is regular serious battles going on and the general concensus in my Guild there is that the Imps are "hiding" too often so the PvP is not as good as it should be.  The battles are not to the size yet to suit some people, but that is mostly because the game is still so young.  In the end though, I think this is mostly an issue of perception and not actual problems with the game.

The best game design in the world will not ever make up for how people play the game.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"