Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First impressions... very early days but loving the feel of play and asthetics

2»

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Here are some SS I took of my priest Mithril... bear in mind my PC is old these days (was waiting for GW2 to upgrade) and that the game is still in beta here and may well have GFX options turned off while they measure performance.

I mostly chose these to show the brightly lit environment.

I wasn't struck too heavily by a lack of shadow TBH.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

40 min to go woot..

We'll have another functional test today from 2 to 6 pm. Please read our forum news about it, before participating in this special test. This test will include two servers. Thanks again for everyone who is willing to help us for this special test again. All updates will be handled through our Tiwtter channel @TERAEurope) ~Raven

Originally posted by PipTheTroll

40 min to go woot..

We'll have another functional test today from 2 to 6 pm. Please read our forum news about it, before participating in this special test. This test will include two servers. Thanks again for everyone who is willing to help us for this special test again. All updates will be handled through our Tiwtter channel @TERAEurope) ~Raven

Excllent! Thanks for the tip off :D

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

40 min to go woot..

Thanks for providing us with this news!

Hail the Piptrolls!

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Don't mind me...just another European who got screwed out of a sneak peek event because of..

{mod edit}  Frogster not being able to keep their shit together.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.

Originally posted by Razephon

Don't mind me...just another European who got screwed out of a sneak peek event because of..

Well, thanks for the input.

I hope you can make the next one they are holding to replace it.

(maybe that will wash away some of that anger)

• ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by Vesavius

40 min to go woot..

Vesa!

how big is the client?

you don't have anyway of sharing that for me so i can download it?

thx :P

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

In regards to combat, TERA does this to you. Thanks to its amazing combat system even mundane tasks like just AOE-grinding at the early levels is fun. I did that a lot during the FGT's and CPE's, I just started AOE-grinding and could never stop myself. So eventually I got behind on my quests a few times.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Razephon

There is a test going on now, just started 10 minutes ago and will last for 4 hours.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Razephon, tone it down a bit please :-s
    The real sneak peek has yet to happen.

By how aggressive they're being trying to make sure the new hardware is a-ok I'm expecting the sneak peek this weekend.

The Americans will only benefit from this as stuff is being tested on our end ensuring an experience as smooth as possible.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Played about 30 minutes and loved it but got to head to work now.  Very nice game!

Originally posted by Then

40 min to go woot..

Vesa!

how big is the client?

you don't have anyway of sharing that for me so i can download it?

thx :P

Just over 20 gig I believe :)

and no, Im not sure of a way of sharing it... :/

Originally posted by NBlitz

Razephon, tone it down a bit please :-s

The real sneak peek has yet to happen.

By how aggressive they're being trying to make sure the new hardware is a-ok I'm expecting the sneak peek this weekend.

The Americans will only benefit from this as stuff is being tested on our end ensuring an experience as smooth as possible.

They were sure battering the sytem today, you could tell the performance was way down from yesterday.

It's all good though, that was exactly the point I guess.

Originally posted by Lorgarn

In regards to combat, TERA does this to you. Thanks to its amazing combat system even mundane tasks like just AOE-grinding at the early levels is fun. I did that a lot during the FGT's and CPE's, I just started AOE-grinding and could never stop myself. So eventually I got behind on my quests a few times.

Pretty much agree :)

If we are gonna have these types of quest in these games changing up the combat mechanic is a far better way to make them interesting then sticking in a cut cene before every one IMO.

Having fun killing stuff right now.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Lorgarn

Hello Lorgarn,  long time no see. 

~Like your new sig btw

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by Mannish

Good to see that you all liked the game. Cant wait to try it my self.

It's a fun game, which I can only see getting better as it matures.

I enjoyed the newbie area more then I did SWTOR's and it seems a more satisfying use of the basic WoW themepark template.

Maybe it is all down the shaking up the combat system. It makes a huge difference.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Mannish

Good to see that you all liked the game. Cant wait to try it my self.

It's a fun game, which I can only see getting better as it matures.

I enjoyed the newbie area more then I did SWTOR's and it seems a more satisfying use of the basic WoW themepark template.

Maybe it is all down the shaking up the combat system. It makes a huge difference.

Yes it is a very fun game. Finally got some play time in myself on yesterday and loved it.