Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOLY CR@P RIFT is awesome!

Marchosias31Marchosias31 Member Posts: 83

Just unsubbed from SWTOR, and went back to check out RIFT. I was there at launch etc.

What TRION has done is amazing.....Just flat out awesome. THIS IS HOW YOU DO MMOS. TAKE A NOTE BIO. If you like mmos, check it out. You have nothing to lose.

And no, im not a paid advertiser haha. Look at my posting history.....

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

why? what have they done?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• WB to Rift then. this attitude has kind of been the theme lately. they add a lot of content, keep it polished, and listen to players of all types. it's my top mmorpg atm and has been since launch. a lot of people coming in from TOR lately all saying the same thing. just glad you have a game you like now, and again, WB.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Glad that you found a game that amazes you.  You may want to take a look into Pokket's Rift videos for more input! (just kidding, haha)

However, Rift is a great game that definately deserves more acknowledgement allover the genre.

Have fun!

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

I've been back to RIFT a bit as well.  I agree, it's a very well done game.  I might even resub :P

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

For a themepark it is pretty good. But themepark has to be your thing I think.

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

Welcome back to Alara brother. Unless you are a Guardian... And then I wish you death.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Volgore

Glad that you found a game that amazes you.  You may want to take a look into Pokket's Rift videos for more input! (just kidding, haha)

Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19QKS36S7DQ?

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by Marchosias31

Just unsubbed from SWTOR, and went back to check out RIFT. I was there at launch etc.

What TRION has done is amazing.....Just flat out awesome. THIS IS HOW YOU DO MMOS. TAKE A NOTE BIO. If you like mmos, check it out. You have nothing to lose.

what , pray tell, has trion done since you left 1 month ago that made this game omg terrific? i played it about 3 months ago...was meh to me.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Just give it a month or two, lol.

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

Just re-actived my account via the security update with 3 days free (haven't logged in since about 2 months after launch). Looks like they have made some nice additions, mainly:

Ember Isle - new level 50 zone for geared players. I have a mix of teir 1 and 2 epics and could handle 3 mobs at a time no problem. There are a lot of daily quests for rep and stones (currency) which you can use to get some pretty sweet gear (way better than what I have), as well as just story and random quests. Didn't explore more than about 1/3 of the zone, but it looks like it's got enough content to keep you busy for a month or 2.

Chronicles - 1 to 2 man versions of older raid dungeons (Greenscale Blight etc.). Designed for new 50s, I soloed the 2 man ones with no problem, and the gear drops are all blues. You get tokens though (1 per boss), so it's an slow but steady way to get geared if you don't feel like doing larger groups.

Planar Attunement - At 50 each time you get 500,000 XP (or as a reward for certain quests) you gain a 'level' and get 100 attunement points which you can then spend on your choice of minor upgrades. Upgrades range from +1 to a stat, +0.2 to dps with a certain weapon type, some PvP abilities and bonues (e.g. +2% damage to other players), to +1 to the maximum number of crystals you can have at once (you know the things you use to active planar powers and such), to +1% run speed. Each bonus costs about 100 to 200 points, with some, like stat bonuses, having ranks and gettting more expensive with each rank. There are a lot you can get, so it would take you a long time to get them all.

Apart from that though it's still Rift, it's still a thempark MMO with hotkey mash happy combat and recipe based crafting, so if your burned out on that sort of thing (like me) wait for something new, but if your happy with that style of game Rift has certainly come a long way since launch and has a lot more to do at level cap than any other MMO I've played.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

I think this kind of exaggerated response to Rift after TOR, says a lot more about the latter than the former :)

Yes, Rift is a competent themepark game that's very pleasant to look at - but it's not all that different from where it was at launch.

Personally, I find it pretty bland and boring - but if I had to play one of the currently available MMOs, it would definitely be one of my first choices.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

No thank you, i like what Bioware did. If they did MMO the way Rift did we would have small maps with mobs sprinkled like salt and two starter areas. I am not saying SWTOR is exapnsive in nature but Rift is even more limited and has worse end game gear grind since days of WOW.

No thank you.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by miagisan

what , pray tell, has trion done since you left 1 month ago that made this game omg terrific? i played it about 3 months ago...was meh to me.

I was there at launch = played a year ago, where do you see that he played 1 month ago?

• CericXCericX Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by Shivam

No thank you, i like what Bioware did. If they did MMO the way Rift did we would have small maps with mobs sprinkled like salt and two starter areas. I am not saying SWTOR is exapnsive in nature but Rift is even more limited and has worse end game gear grind since days of WOW.

No thank you.

As I understand MMO to mean playing WITH other people, SWTOR didn't really fill that role more than marginally. Great Cut Scenes, big open spaces you can't explore...and hideous interface..that part it nailed.

The two don't really compare when you start talking about MMO's though. Rift picks it up and walks away when it comes to group content. I wouldn't mind a bit more flavor if I'm reduced to questing, but watching cut-scenes every 10 seconds is a bit overkill.

• for those asking what's changed, this guy on the trion forums made this list and it sums up most of the key points

LINK

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by miagisan

I believe the OP is speaking to themepark lovers, we wouldn't understand. I couldn't stand the game personally.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I absolutely hated RIFT, but I'm always glad to hear, OP, that someone has found a game that they really enjoy. Congo rats. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I went back to Rift for my 3day free event and I didn't see anything that would make me stay.

They have however added a lot of new tools and features that are great for a thempark game, but not what I wanted to see in a MMO I will play.

I am glad the OP likes the new changes to the game.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Its the exact same game they had at launch but with more things to grind on, nothing has changed.  I think is just feels different to you for some odd reason or you only leveled to 20 when you quit the first time.  But trust me its the same game.

Originally posted by snapfusion

Its the exact same game they had at launch but with more things to grind on, nothing has changed.  I think is just feels different to you for some odd reason or you only leveled to 20 when you quit the first time.  But trust me its the same game.

Last time I listened to "trust me" I ended up with a SWTOR CE paperweight.

• CericXCericX Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Originally posted by snapfusion

Last time I listened to "trust me" I ended up with a SWTOR CE paperweight.

Cheaper than that used car...

Feel free to ignore the random statements from the non-players. Get in there, try it, see what YOU think.

Originally posted by CericX

No thank you.

As I understand MMO to mean playing WITH other people, SWTOR didn't really fill that role more than marginally. Great Cut Scenes, big open spaces you can't explore...and hideous interface..that part it nailed.

The two don't really compare when you start talking about MMO's though. Rift picks it up and walks away when it comes to group content. I wouldn't mind a bit more flavor if I'm reduced to questing, but watching cut-scenes every 10 seconds is a bit overkill.

What is this group content? end game dungeon grind and rift groups where people appear out of bushes and disappear once the rifts are closed? not a single world is said by anyone, no strategy, just whack everythign that moves and go your own way, it is like playing solo with bunch of people surrounding you. I leveled in RIFT solo all the way to level cap and gave up after the insane gear grind which puts WOW to shame.

In SWTOR i have grouped more in first 20 levels than i did in Rift's 50 levels.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

No thank you.

What is this group content? end game dungeon grind and rift groups where people appear out of bushes and disappear once the rifts are closed? not a single world is said by anyone, no strategy, just whack everythign that moves and go your own way, it is like playing solo with bunch of people surrounding you. I leveled in RIFT solo all the way to level cap and gave up after the insane gear grind which puts WOW to shame.

Comparing grouping for instances with the groups that "appear out of bushes" for Rifts is dishonest, also do you really feel that Rifts need a strategy???

Just because you do not like Rifts "group content" does not mean it's not group content.  Rift excels at it whether you like it or not. 

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I tried to go back, but I didn't see one difference from after quiting at launch. It's not a bad game, just didn't really care for the "rfits". They were just large public quest full of clusterfuck in my opinion. People running around like chickens with their heads cut off, no strategy, no healing, just mass choas. 

I did notice the servers went from like over 100 to about 8 or so. 

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

No thank you.

Comparing grouping for instances with the groups that "appear out of bushes" for Rifts is dishonest, also do you really feel that Rifts need a strategy???

Just because you do not like Rifts "group content" does not mean it's not group content.  Rift excels at it whether you like it or not. 

And Rift has no instances? the only open group content offered is Rifts which is like playing with bobbing silent heads. As far as 'not liking the group content doesn't mean it is not group content', same can be said for just any MMO in existence.