Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Loot Server Petition?

Comments

• praytockpraytock Member Posts: 23

@adis5005

if you sign the petition you wouldnt really have to worry about that ya know, since you wouldnt be on the Full loot Server...just saying..

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    EVE and Entropia both have full loot, are they not sandboxes?
  • BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

Apart from DFO and their 2.0 or whatever they call it, I doubt we'll ever see full loot  again in a MMO.

Reason is simple, the full loot system has more cons then pros and huge majority of the MMO comunity (judging by DFO's empty servers I'd say 95%-99%) rejects it, and that's that.

While it adds tension in the gameplay and it feels exiting at first, it also makes almost everyone hide in safe zones and cities or travel and even fight naked (like in DFO).

The worst thing that full loot system does though is it chases away almost all new players, nobody likes being farmed, ganked and one-shooted by vets without being able to dish out a decent fight.

There are other ways to add tension and alertness in the gameplay, full loot is not it.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• adis5005adis5005 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by praytock

@adis5005

if you sign the petition you wouldnt really have to worry about that ya know, since you wouldnt be on the Full loot Server...just saying..

If there was no option to full loot I wouldn't have to worry about it either?

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Onomas

No simply no. Im a huge fan of sandbox games, open world pvp with meaning, and crafting. We want people to come to AA, not get turned off by it. Even with open pvp its not bad getting killed here and there for some. With the jail system might be fun. But with full loot, you wont get many to look at AA let alone play it. We need more sandbox games in the market, and long as we keep letting everyone think sandbox autmaticaly means open pvp gankfest we wont get more. AA is kind of our one last big hope to turn the tide on themepark wow clones, every game is one and im sick of it.

So i say hell no, promote AA dont try to kill it. pvp is fine, full loot turns so many noses it will only hurt the game in the long run.

I thought sandboxers were pro-gaming-choices?

The OP simply asked for a loot server. IMo that is the best way to get what ya want OP, and if you have enough support for it, hopefully the Devs will come thru for ya. EQ only had a handful of PVP servers, but some great stories come from them. Sam Da Man and Fancy the Bard being 2 of the more memorable to me on a PVE server.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

Originally posted by Onomas
    I did, i also read that "a separate full loot server for the hardcore sandbox crowd".
    Sandbox has nothing to do with hardcore, pvp, and full loot by itself ;) Many here and across the planet think this and its bad.Sandboxes arent about hardcore pvp kill everyone game. Its about choices, exploration, large open worlds, player economy, crafting, building, fighting, player content, tons of lost features, and so much more.
    If it read differently from that, then yeah sure. Just dont want everyone to think AA = kill everything, gank all, take all your stuff style game.

I can't word a response better than Onomas did here.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

i don't think full loot in this game will fit..

Maybe there is a way for partial loot.. like killing someone he drops(not his own gear) but either gold or some items..

As i do like full loot and think in some games it works great.

• AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213

Good Idea.

Let's try to end this WoW version of PVP. 

People will come, die, and return if they feel that they that a chance to win a fight. Allowing the 24hour max characters to graze on the efforts of the noob or low level is ridiculous. But the question that nevers seems to unfold an answer in years upon years of study is, 'How can we make a 'harsh and cruel environment' that is fair and equitable to all player types?' 

DarkFail could have done it, but the whole afk macroing thing was a poor decision. When dealing with PVP, developers need to hire real life people who have well-developed cynicism. People who can exploit so well, that they can tell you ten different ways to make a dollar with a shopping cart. (lol -I kid you not)

A PvP world doesn't have towns unprotected. It doesn't have quests and rewards. It doesn't have a restriction on where one can and cannot fight -if a high level character wants to raid a town with his friends, then allow it. Full Gear Drops do nothing but drive weiners away (taken from Spongebob). 

Weiners want a place to be tough too. 

Forget the 'End Game'...why should you limit yourself at launch? Let the world nourish the needs of the players. This will create an awesome economy, it's already been done. Allow players one source of housing, a guild hall. Make it massive, give it the feel of a town and allow players to build them where they choose.

Give the world a goal, in fact, make it many goals where factions or loners can compete...such as gaining land.

Allow players the freedom to explore and conquer. Allow conquests. 

My final rant... a rogue with a candlestick should be allowed to burn a town down. If we can't get teh NPC's to react to such a real-time event, then are we really moving into the nextgen? I don't think so.

Ataaka

-two cents turned out to be all I needed to become a millionaire.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

As a Darkfall player and someone who likes Full loot I dont think I would want full loot in archage, it just wouldnt work.

Im all for dropping a few items on death tho.. Something like Perfect world has for anyone who knows that game.

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220

Loot inventory only, full loot is lame...  it almost ruined darkfall.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

Month 1 full loot server is opened

Month 2 no one bothers crafting or grinding for gear cause it gets stolen

Month 3 Players complain they cant pve because their gear sucks

Month 4 Full loot server cries until gear is nerfed

Month 5 Everyone but gankers quits

Month 6 game is as low pop as DFO and MO

Month 7 Someone starts thread on MMORPG.com claiming no one wants to play sandboxes so we should just make more theme parks.

Originally posted by rounner

Month 1 full loot server is opened

Month 2 no one bothers crafting or grinding for gear cause it gets stolen

Month 3 Players complain they cant pve because their gear sucks

Month 4 Full loot server cries until gear is nerfed

Month 5 Everyone but gankers quits

Month 6 game is as low pop as DFO and MO

Month 7 Someone starts thread on MMORPG.com claiming no one wants to play sandboxes so we should just make more theme parks.

wow....with this mind set ...as a pvper....(pirate in arecheage)....i will have no choice but to roll on your server and hunt you down when and where ever i can.....I will have no loot server of any kind for me and my friends to go to....because you didnt WANT me to have one....

I personally like Invetory Loot...AND if possible ...Full Loot option would be nice too...

sorry, I have no choice but to play MY way on YOUR server because you didnt want or assist me to have my own....makes sense right?

Lets think through this reeeeeall hard here.....your oppinion might be one possiblity ....IF ... "Non-pvpers" and those who obvisouly started on the wrong server continued ON the selected Full loot server....or did not choose their correct server to begin with.

But obviously everyone here is smart enough not to play on a server they dont WANT to play on right?

So Since this entire thread focuses on getting a Full Loot Server for those who want it...and getting those who want it OFF of the regular servers.......then yours is a silly sugestion considering XLGAMES does not Force anyone to go on a server they dont want to play on...

After 6 months of playing darkfall when the population was a bit fuller......I got ganked often but actually lost my gear roughly 5 times.....in 6 months time that is not bad...and I was NOT a carebear....I participated in raids and  lived by the "if you were red you were dead" Motto....such is life, and its perfectly suited for me....not you.

I think you also forget the entire purpose of guilds / Clans / Friends......they help prevent things like being "ganked" all the time and loosing everything.......its an amazing concept called teamwork........and if you are a solo player who doesnt like Guilds / Clans / Friends.....then a server like this would definitally not be for you.....instead a nice safe themepark like World of Warcraft might be the ideal game of choice for you....make sure you roll a PVE server......

This entire Thread is based on separating the Carebears from the PVP Sandboxers....so regardless it benefits EVERYONE who signs a petition for the server regardless whether we get it or not....

You dont like Gankers......

I dont like boreing , sensless, non rewarding, "wow style" non-risk pvp......

You go to YOUR pve Server with like minded individuals......

I will go to MY full loot server with like minded individuls......

It is clear that you WOULD NOT go to a Full Loot Server.......this in turn makes you post completely irrelevant., as it does not effect those who DO NOT want a full loot server.........but instead....the only outcome your post is going to have is to prevent the gankers from getting off your server....im confused here..is that what you want???

So unless I am mistaken and you DO WANT gankers on your server .....would it not benefit you to sign a petition to get them OFF your carebear server and to give them a home of their own?

IT really is a win / win situation if you think nice and hard about it.

Any attempted flame repsonse to this post-reply is irrelevant and just a troll. There is nothing to argue about here when you have your oppinion and I have mine. I only want to bring to light the repercussions of your harmful views which you are forcefully imposing on someone elses playstyle, not only does this harm  others which i am sure you intended but this harms yourself as well , because in the long run it only damages YOUR playstyle by forcing others to adapt THEIR methods to your server.....common sense.

Please sign the petition to support YOUR and your friends style of play and to rid your self of gankers if you DO NOT  WANT them on your server !

Please sign the petition to support MY style of play and to promote the creation of a Full Loot Server Home for me and my like minded friends!

It only makes sense right?

Thanks

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Im giving up trying to convince all those egocentric narrowminded people that different server types is a plus, I doubt you will have any more of luck praytock...

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Im giving up trying to convince all those egocentric narrowminded people that different server types is a plus, I doubt you will have any more of luck praytock...

100%  agree, you are right...but.... hopefully I can offend some of them into rationality =)      ( i know i know....it breeds trolls)

In the words of MAJOR PAIN "pop dat teetee outa da boys mouf"

These individuals have had their hands held for so long that they dont bother with cognitive thinking or even using their own brains for that matter....

I would like to think that over the years as individuals socialize,  they would develop maturity and common sense.....but ...once again its only proven that You can only defy natural order with stupidity for so long before it harms them and everyone else around them.....for example....our country and everyone in it  who allows whats happeneing to it.......

As for this thread, I think however it would have been MUCH better had the OP made this a POLL of a sorts...or at least requested the devs to lock it and sticky it.

It was a good effort though...

• xxpigxxxxpigxx Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Just a stupid, carebear, egocentric, narrow minded, non-brain using, immature, hand-held UO vet here, who obviously lacks common sense, saying no to signong the petition for all the reasons already given.

Quit trying to shoehorn your vision into a game whose devs do not share the same vision. DFO, EVE, and MO are thattaway.

Oh . . . low populations? Take a hint. You don't seem to realize that 95% of the MMO community does not agree with your vision. Yes, it is a random statistic. The populations of these games (or areas, in the case of EVE) prove my point.

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Just a stupid, carebear, egocentric, narrow minded, non-brain using, immature, hand-held UO vet here, who obviously lacks common sense, saying no to signong the petition for all the reasons already given.

Quit trying to shoehorn your vision into a game whose devs do not share the same vision. DFO, EVE, and MO are thattaway.

Oh . . . low populations? Take a hint. You don't seem to realize that 95% of the MMO community does not agree with your vision. Yes, it is a random statistic. The populations of these games (or areas, in the case of EVE) prove my point.

Thanks xxpigxx ....Once again you have proven my point about not reading before replying....did you even bother to look at post #113?

heres a link to make it easier http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4729401

I like your enthusiasm but it really has nothing to do with vissions or oppinions, i would have hoped that people would recognize the difference between that and common sense , facts and requests.

And those so called "reasons already given" were oppions ....and they arent mine or anyone else opposing them...same goes for your made up 95% statistic.

But I will give you this.....that so called 95% percent population that doesnt like the idea...IS the population that didnt read or even bother thinking of what is being asked.

Archeage most likely will be greater than MO, DF..EVE ..etc...to each their own....gee that sounds fmailiar doesnt it?

"TO EACH THEIR OWN"......

i wont even bring up the possiblity that how many from DF or MO or even possibly EVE would flock to "THEIR OWN" on a simular genre type archeage server.

As for your claim of "Low populations" eveyrone from MO, DF and EVE could easily fill up a couple small arechage servers...

Wait...your saying that a petition is an "attempted shoehorning of a a vision"  ..I got your "shoehorn" RIGHT HERE

But THIS ONE HERE would probably fit you better.....

Oh and dont forget to enforce ...er...excuse me..."shoehorn" YOUR "opinnion" on all the beta testers as they are obvisouly "Shoehorning" the devs as well....

How many times do I have to tell you Knuckleheads....this is NOT a debate of oppionion on whether we like it or not, ...yet here you are trolling away....

Its a common sense petition to sign for a type of server that EVERYONE benefits from....

Gankers off of YOUR SERVER

ME and my own go to OUR very own live action FULL LOOT SERVER....

How hard is that to understand.

Its the same reason why MMO Providers consolidate when they have to many open under populated servers.

To summarize it all.....1 server that a select group of individuals want to play on doesnt include you .....so ...YOU and your own...are tyring to force Me and my own to go to YOUR server???...because you CANT read a thread right?.....seriously?

And YES...servers can be made as big or small as you want them, so no wasted resources...dont even bother with that lame excuse...

Please stop Trolling and RE-read the thread again....#113 explains how this is NOT oppinion based but request based and for the reasons that the OP didnt quite finish posting.

Thank you sir

I sure hope that the next person who replys to this understands that this entire thread is an announcement to benifit EVERYONE...not a popularity poll for FULL LOOT......BEFORE replying...

Any more trolls?....

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I will go sign the petition. I hope they give you and yours a full loot server.

I personally dont think it will help much tho. Most "gankers" could give 2 shits about anything being fair in pvp. The same asshats who like to grief will roll on the non full loot servers anyways.

But for those who enjoy full loot pvp I hope they add a server for you guys. Options are always a + in my book.

Originally posted by jdnewell

I will go sign the petition. I hope they give you and yours a full loot server.

I personally dont think it will help much tho. Most "gankers" could give 2 shits about anything being fair in pvp. The same asshats who like to grief will roll on the non full loot servers anyways.

But for those who enjoy full loot pvp I hope they add a server for you guys. Options are always a + in my book.

/cheer

WHOOO HOOOO

JDNEWELL....the hope of civilization rests on YOUR shoulders...

Thank you.....thank you for having common sense in this post.

I must say I am appreciative, NOT because you signed the petition, (with the output i have seen there isnt much hope for it)......but because you read and fully understand what its about  and its purpose.

YOU SIR...ARE THE MAN!!!!

of course...im happy that you did sign this petition for all its worth....but it makes my heart glad that there are those who do have sensibility about them.

As for the asshats.....My Entire Lifes Mission is to make THEM miserable LOL...Im labaled as a "reverseganker" or "antiganker" ...either or...

Thats all I want...I want one SERVER where they are ALL grouped together, because when it all comes down to it....

I am not in a server full of Gankers.....THEY are in a server with ME  >=)

I personally am not a ganker, and have never done so...but I challenge ALL of them to come and get me whenever they can....it just makes it easier for me.

Every game I play in...i write down my targets names and call public bounties for info and locations all day long...I do what it takes to make this a cat and mouse game they wont forget.

THAT is my poison..

WOoooot!

JDNEWELL = +1

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I am not in a server full of Gankers.....THEY are in a server with ME  >=)

This is my new forum signature quote!

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

while I dont want to play on a full loot server for various reasons, I really dont have a problem with there being one. as long as the creation and maintenece of one does not affect the normal servers.

no transferring to and from said server

no ingame world boss nerfs

etc

whilke Im sure I would miss having some of the gankers on my server, as its always so fun to hammer those god complex kiddies, it would make for a friendlier community

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i wouldnt sign it. For a game to have full loot pvp tacked onto a game which was NOT DESIGNED for full loot....it throws many mechanics out of whack in the game.

The reason why EVE is successful is that from Day 1 the game was designed for it, as well as the economy and crafting, mechanics, dynamics, etc.

If you dont have the above down before introducing a full loot rule set....you are going against alot of things your game is designed for.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Don't think it would be that successful because the gankers would not flock to it they have no purpose if they can not get someone to rage quit a game at least once a day. The reason ffa does not work is because at the end of the day it is nothing more than a virtual prison yard with no guards to keep the peace.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I'd love it, but i'm a darkfall junky...so...its to be expected

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

the prison should be more life experience as well.

you get get like a second game with prison life. survive prison fights, abusive guards, shanked in the shower, get butt rape at night with bubba and lose exp for every thrust action.

who's with me?  i'll be organizing a gank crew to rule the prison. then we'll be shanking, stealing lunch, bench pressing fools, and gapping buttholes.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Originally posted by miagisan

i wouldnt sign it. For a game to have full loot pvp tacked onto a game which was NOT DESIGNED for full loot....it throws many mechanics out of whack in the game.

The reason why EVE is successful is that from Day 1 the game was designed for it, as well as the economy and crafting, mechanics, dynamics, etc.

If you dont have the above down before introducing a full loot rule set....you are going against alot of things your game is designed for.

You could easily change some things to make it work better ofc and it wouldnt deem it to be hard, yet i think that even with vanilla and full loot rules it could work out as long as it isnt exploitable for something.

EVE works quite well but in many cases the more rules the less free and sandboxy i feels, something most people who enjoy full loot probably wants.

Also, amarr ftw.