Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Sandboxed MMO yet!

russellb1975russellb1975 Member Posts: 50

I was always afraid tto try eve.  Alsways told if you join now, you won't get anywhere because it's been out so long.  Man, I am never listening to people.  I should of just tried it myself back then.  I wouldn't of wasted money on all those themepark boring MMOs.  I love the control of the game.  And real time skill learning is awesome.  So this is my new game.  If you haven't tried it, go for it.  It's not as hard to learn as I thought it would be.

Comments

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

how long have you been playing it?

I've got the straight edge.

• russellb1975russellb1975 Member Posts: 50

Did the trial, but subscribed right away.  Got into a Corp.  Having a blast.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

it's a really fun game. i wish i still the time to invest.

I've got the straight edge.

• russellb1975russellb1975 Member Posts: 50

I'm going to take my time.  I'm not hardcore, so i'm in no rush to go into epic battles or whatever.  It gives me something to do and the potential is there. 

• wacked37wacked37 Member UncommonPosts: 29

You don't need to spend as much time logged into EVE as you think you do. The vast majority of time learning EVE is done outside the client: on forums and wikis. Playing the game lets you put that knowledge to use. 

Don't have a lot of time tonight? Just log in and update skill queue, jobs, whatever. Not going to be around for a week or more? Queue up a long skill. Finally have an hour to play? Do some roaming, mining, missioning, exploring, or whatever your current interest is. 

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

I love Sci-fi

I love sandbox

Problem for me is I found EVE really boring. I have tried the free trial 2 times now plus when I originally purchased the game at launch.

Every time I try to enjoy it but find myself clicking on some skills to level up, logging out and playing another game waitinf for the skill up's. Then several hours later I realise I was playing the other game and not EVE.

Sorry, just boring, really boring.

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

I did th etrial twice, finally purchased and subbed, quit, subbed again a few months later, quit. I REALLY want to like it. I think the key is to get into a decent corp, something I have not done in my past attempts.  it really is well done, open, do what ever you want, be what ever you want. 

I will be giving it another go in a few months, i'll be sure seek out a corp when I do.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• wacked37wacked37 Member UncommonPosts: 29

EVE becomes more exciting than any game you've ever played once you start shooting other people. So: go shoot people.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    I like the concept and respect CCP but I just dont like the controls nor the set skill times. If they made a similiar game but more like Darkfall (wasd movement, fps combat) Id be there in a second
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by Maelwydd

I love Sci-fi

I love sandbox

Problem for me is I found EVE really boring. I have tried the free trial 2 times now plus when I originally purchased the game at launch.

Every time I try to enjoy it but find myself clicking on some skills to level up, logging out and playing another game waitinf for the skill up's. Then several hours later I realise I was playing the other game and not EVE.

The trick is not to wait for skills you don't have, but to have fun with the skills you do have.

You can seriously have a large impact on some other players experiences in the game, day one, even through pvp.

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by Maelwydd

I love Sci-fi

I love sandbox

Boredom is attributed to two factors: one being a lack of understanding and the other being that something is too easily understood. 

The unofficial manual for eve online is 300 pages long.

There are over 80 seperate activities to do with the tools that ccp gives you in eve online.

There is at any given time 20,000+ players playing the game and often over 40k.

There are 5431 star systems and 2508 wormhole systems.

Which stickman are you in this pic?

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

I like the concept and respect CCP but I just dont like the controls nor the set skill times. If they made a similiar game but more like Darkfall (wasd movement, fps combat) Id be there in a second

There isn't a computer around today that could handle twitch based flying in a trade hub like Jita nevermind a twitch based fleet battle on the scale of eve online's fleet battles...

The skill training makes players consider their reputation before they embark on a grand scheme.  In EVE trust is a commodity and introducing the other advance method would subject the game to far too many disposable dirtbag characters.  The training over time reduces some of the douchebaggery that could rip a game like eve apart...  You might as well ask for character name changes while you're at it.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Originally posted by russellb1975

I was always afraid tto try eve.  Alsways told if you join now, you won't get anywhere because it's been out so long.  Man, I am never listening to people.  I should of just tried it myself back then.  I wouldn't of wasted money on all those themepark boring MMOs.  I love the control of the game.  And real time skill learning is awesome.  So this is my new game.  If you haven't tried it, go for it.  It's not as hard to learn as I thought it would be.

QFT.  Eve is the only MMO that I always come back to.  It is just the best there is, and the only one that is worth the sub.