Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The gameplay in itself isnt bad, but...

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

They must of found the craziest asylum in dimension of pure madness and searched it for the most nuttiest anime director and told him "We are creating a MMO and we want YOU to create a world for us!"

EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN ANIME CLICHE IS IN TERA AND SO OVER THE TOP DONE THAT ITS MAD. HOLY POOP IT'S LIKE CAR CRASH, YOU WANT TO THROW UP BUT PART OF YOU JUST REFUSES TO LOOK AWAY! I CAN ALMOST EXPECT GRINNING CHESHIRE FACE TO POP ON MY SCREEN ANY MINUTE NOW AND ASK ME ABOUT RABBIT HOLES...THAT'S HOW MADLY ANIME THIS GAME IS.

Phew...got that off my chest! 

KISHE OUT

Comments

• tavtavtavtav Member Posts: 26

That's what I'm excited about :) It looks like a lot of fun and a breath of somewhat fresh air as a setting :)

I'd prefer that to super generic western fantasy mmo #23423452345342

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

I haven't played yet but the art in TERA is one of the reasons I will play let alone the gameplay which I hear is all about skill. I am bored of gear win games.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

I was just in for a bit and then took a break for lunch and now I'm in a que.  It looked fine to me. I bit close to Aion in more than one way but I'm sure thats gona come up soon. I was a bit bummed that it does not have a turn follow camera so you must use a mouse and use your left hand for everything but it might not be a big deal.  Looks nice and the UI options are a welcome addition.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by kishe

They must of found the craziest asylum...

Didn't seem any worse then something like Aion to me...

I think you wanted AoC but DLed this because it was free, and you can't resist free. Something tells me you was never going to play it anyhow.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by RedKatana

I haven't played yet but the art in TERA is one of the reasons I will play let alone the gameplay which I hear is all about skill. I am bored of gear win games.

left button pressed down attacks, right button blocks.. You just keep left button pressed and spam abilities through keys 1-9 and when npc starts 5seconds long "HAY IM CASTING SPECIAL ABILITY OF DOOOOOM" animation, press right button to block.

Thats TERA combat in nutshell.

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

left button pressed down attacks, right button blocks.. You just keep left button pressed and spam abilities through keys 1-9 and when npc starts 5seconds long "HAY IM CASTING SPECIAL ABILITY OF DOOOOOM" animation, press right button to block.

I heard from K-Tera players that even in dungeons that you will need a party to win if you have skills you can even solo them. That to me dosen't sound something like you are descrtibing.

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135

Try doing that in PvP and later on through the game  O great one and let me know how you get on

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Everything out there can be grossly oversimplified in the same way. Worse for other games with crappy combat.

Mobs enrage, hit faster and can dodge your attacks.

Even though you put it soooo simply, how much % of the player base will play properly, even given ample time with visual cues?

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

The gameplay was pretty fun, but the quests are atrocious

"collect 5 x for me", I must have done that quest a dozens time in the hour that I played :/

Not sure if I'm willing to put up with that

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

They must of found the craziest asylum in dimension of pure madness and searched it for the most nuttiest anime director and told him "We are creating a MMO and we want YOU to create a world for us!"

EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN ANIME CLICHE IS IN TERA AND SO OVER THE TOP DONE THAT ITS MAD. HOLY POOP IT'S LIKE CAR CRASH, YOU WANT TO THROW UP BUT PART OF YOU JUST REFUSES TO LOOK AWAY! I CAN ALMOST EXPECT GRINNING CHESHIRE FACE TO POP ON MY SCREEN ANY MINUTE NOW AND ASK ME ABOUT RABBIT HOLES...THAT'S HOW MADLY ANIME THIS GAME IS.

KISHE OUT

Hehe I like the anime cliches so I suppose its suited for me, there is a reason the east has a completely different top sold games to the west they have a different culture, this whole westernization wont make any miracles in terms of look and feel for the game only logic and mechanics, so you have to enjoy the style of the game really.

There is really nothing wrong with it hehe.

And FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I didnt manage to get home before the servers went down!

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

I had about an hour worth of play, but on the positive side, no queue at all :p

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Got an archer to level 5 having fun but boyo boy the game is very Aionisk...

NCSoft has a solid case, the game is like a combo of L2 and Aion, really makes you feel like you are playing an L3 or Aion 2.

Oh and another comment I was in the queue for 15 minutes, and they give you a gift if you have to sit in queue longer than 10 mins.

I got a 15 minute double exp boost

Originally posted by Sorrow

NCSoft has a solid case, the game is like a combo of L2 and Aion, really makes you feel like you are playing an L3 or Aion 2.

Yeah, agreed, but to me thats actually a good thing on both accounts :)

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Aside from the characters AION wishes in its wettest dreams that its world looked half as good.

And I used to be an AION fan.

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Vesavius

^ this. im cool with that.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Not exactly good when they're facing a lawsuit because of it.  I'm pretty sure NCSoft will win this battle.

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Not exactly good when they're facing a lawsuit because of it.  I'm pretty sure NCSoft will win this battle.

/shrug... let the lawyers sort that out. What will be will be. I don't believe that any successful action will close this game down though personally, but what do I know? I am just a random on the interweb... not like I have legal training or anything.

All I am saying is that if the game has a L3/ Aion 2 feel to it then that's good for me and that it will probably suit me.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

Tried it alitle today and the graphics was nice enough, Will deff preorder this game:) 

Should hold a few weeks of fun in it atleast hehe.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

KISHE OUT

Yeah I was worried about that.  I'm definitely not playing this game now.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

The art style in this game is great, definately not every anime cliche in here at all. 

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

This game reminds me sooo much of Aion everytime I see it.

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227

You know, I'm usually the first to avoid anime-style games, but Tera's gfx don't bother me at all, and I really found myself enjoying the environments. I don't even mind that little teddy-bear race.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by Adhesive33

You know, I'm usually the first to avoid anime-style games, but Tera's gfx don't bother me at all, and I really found myself enjoying the environments. I don't even mind that little teddy-bear race.

U ok with the skimpy 14 year looking girls running all over the place??

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

ncsoft wotn win unless the game has assest from there company in it and as far as i know it doesnt

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220

are the servers down? because every time i click to join, it says "cant connect to server"