Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Closed Beta Extended

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a post on ArcheAge news blog, the official Korean site has been updated with an announcement that the closed beta test will be extended an extra two weeks to polish the recently released siege warfare system.

The beta, due to the extra time, will last through March 11th.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Good call, I wonder if 2 weeks is enough?

It is always better to wait a little to fix up stuff like this before the release than to just fix all problems after.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

much rather a game push back dates and get stuff right than rush it out half finished

• Originally posted by Sebali

much rather a game push back dates and get stuff right than rush it out half finished

for real. a good launch can make or break a game. i hate it when a game launches and half the crap is broken. i think ArcheAge will be a solid game, but they need me to test it lol. wtb beta!

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

This game looks quite well made, but I am not sure about it gameplay overall.

Feels much like a Themepark (with levels and battlegrounds) with some Sandbox elements (Advanced Crafting, Housing, Ships etc)...

For me it will all depend on how everything works together, if you need to grind for months to cap the levels and then grind again before you can build something like Houses a Tower or ships, etc. then we have issues.

We shall see how it goes I am certainly willing to give it a try, but after that whether I saty or not will depend intirelly on the game's capacity to empower the player to set their own goals and face the challenges in their own terms, that is what a Sandbox should be about.

I am not in the mood for a Lineage II (old Gamepaly) grind thought...

So many unnanswered questions still.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I really hope that ArcheAge is totally bug free and lag free when it is released.  I really dont care personally when I play a  MMO and there are some bugs...  I played vangaurd off the bat and the bugs just made me chuckle.  But so many people care a ton about this that it can make or break a games popularity... And I REALLY want ArcheAge to do well.  It could change the way big dumb corporate $$ goes into MMOs.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Taking a long time to release a game doesn't always equal a quality game. Take SWTOR for example...

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Czanrei

Taking a long time to release a game doesn't always equal a quality game. Take SWTOR for example...

The article is more about polish, a better example would be AoC considering the state it was in at launch even after multiple lengthy delays.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

This is good news. It means that they care more about a quality product then just pushing something out on the market for a quick cash grab. I'd much rather wait longer for a good quality first experience then get something half finished and buggy.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

When it releases in the US, it should be fine-tuned and extremely well put together.

IF it releases in the US :(

• curzon176curzon176 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by SkillCosby

When it releases in the US, it should be fine-tuned and extremely well put together.

Agreed. I sure hope it releases in North America.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

WHAHAHAHA I love the wording. "Closed beta extended" sounds a lot more positive then "Open beta/release delayed" :P

Atleast the PR department is sharp enough ;)

• xxpigxxxxpigxx Member UncommonPosts: 412
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I need this game in my life! It seems to have everything an old UO vet would want in an MMO.

Sadly, those of us in the West will probably not see this game for another 2-3 years.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Originally posted by Coman

WHAHAHAHA I love the wording. "Closed beta extended" sounds a lot more positive then "Open beta/release delayed" :P

Atleast the PR department is sharp enough ;)

Nice catch ;)

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Here is an unbiased review from a tester:

http://www.archeagesource.com/topic/636-archeage-cbt4-review-and-extensive-game-info/

Wow, thanks for the link.  I loved precu SWG and really miss it.  Archeage looks like the game I've been waiting for.  I can't wait to play it, but also afraid it will disappoint.

It looks really amazing so far though.  I'm excited to try this game.

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by curzon176

Originally posted by SkillCosby

Agreed. I sure hope it releases in North America.

Don't have the source, but I've read multiple places that they confirmed an impending NA release in an interview.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Here is an unbiased review from a tester:

http://www.archeagesource.com/topic/636-archeage-cbt4-review-and-extensive-game-info/

Very nice.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• seiiyaseiiya Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Suraknar

This game looks quite well made, but I am not sure about it gameplay overall.

Feels much like a Themepark (with levels and battlegrounds) with some Sandbox elements (Advanced Crafting, Housing, Ships etc)...

For me it will all depend on how everything works together, if you need to grind for months to cap the levels and then grind again before you can build something like Houses a Tower or ships, etc. then we have issues.

We shall see how it goes I am certainly willing to give it a try, but after that whether I saty or not will depend intirelly on the game's capacity to empower the player to set their own goals and face the challenges in their own terms, that is what a Sandbox should be about.

I am not in the mood for a Lineage II (old Gamepaly) grind thought...

So many unnanswered questions still.

1 its a sanbox

2 its quest based not ala L2 kkk mobs to get a lvl

3 this guy is DA boss for any korean mmo's u wanna check news etc etc since he is in all CBT and making reviews very good guy .

http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-rpg-reviews/732-archeage-online-cbt4-coverage