Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New EverQuest game?

ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

Been reading about a game called EverQuest next and EverQuest 3. Is it just a rumor, or is it finaly under way? If it's true and they aremaking a new EverQuest game, why is it, that it's not on the gaming list on mmorpg.com?

Any info about the game, please share. :-)

Thx in advance!

Comments

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116
  • Havok2allHavok2all Member UncommonPosts: 190

Yeah, it's been in production for awhile now and has lots of speculation about what type of game it will be. It is using a whole new game engine called Lightforge which supposedly will bring unseen effects to characters and landscapes, but that remains to be seen. There are a few concept artworks and a short motion demo for a character model floating around. You should be able to find it easily enough with google.

• sullijossullijos Member Posts: 1

According to the speaker at last years Fan Faire, one of the main features of the Forge Light engine is a dynamic environment.  He spcifically stated that this could do away with zones completely.  The game world will be one open dynamic world.  Think EQOA but with much better graphics.  Personally, I am very excited. 

There were rumors that SOE was making a Farmville-like build for EQ Next, but that has not been substantiated.  I find it very hard to believe that this would be true if they are indeed using the Forge Light engine.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Ciccero

Yah

You can see screen shots here

http://tera.enmasse.com/

Yah,that's how I see it :)

I think closer to this...

http://www.freerealms.com/ 

;)

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

w/e the case my be its on my watch list.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by Ciccero
    Yah
    You can see screen shots here
    http://tera.enmasse.com/

Yah,that's how I see it :)

I think closer to this...
    http://www.freerealms.com/ 
    ;)

any-and-all god(s) NOOOOOO!!!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

There are a few things known about it.

The game will be zoneless and use SOEs new engine that Planetside 2 also have.

The game will release as F2P.

The story does not follow up on the other games but start from new, what that means have been discussed by fans, many think it will be a kinda remake of the first game.

Hopefully will we see more at this years fan faire.

• Stewe79Stewe79 Member UncommonPosts: 40

Im pretty sure they will release it on PS3 / PC also.

I saw the job application for three jobs at SOE a couple of months ago. when they looked for programmers for Everquest Franshis on PS3 platform.  

i went to check now again to add source but i see they changed it to Online Multiplayer now instead

but follow the link below.

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/09/05/everquest-ps3-outed-by-job-listing/

No Signature :)

• Havok2allHavok2all Member UncommonPosts: 190

Originally posted by Loke666

Reference link? I haven't seen an official statement regarding this.

• ChewybunnyChewybunny Member UncommonPosts: 52

To this day I consder EverQuest 1 Classic and the first two expansions the most fun I've had in an MMO. Ever. I chose WoW over EQ2 because of the string of EverQuest 1 expansions that broke a lot of things in the game, namely for the pvp servers. I later lived to regret that, as when I did quit WoW and eventually got into EQ2 it was an amazing run!

Not going to make the same mistake again, when EQ3 Comes out, I am definately putting a lot of faith into it. 

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Originally posted by Havok2all

Reference link? I haven't seen an official statement regarding this.

I'm not sure it's ever been officially announced, but Smedley is on record of saying that he is a fan of the free to play model and that he thinks SW:TOR will be the last AAA pay to play MMO.  Planetside 2 is also going to release as free to play.  This much I should be enough evidence to safely assume that Everquest 3 will be free to play as well I would think.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

The story does not follow up on the other games but start from new, what that means have been discussed by fans, many think it will be a kinda remake of the first game.

This is fact? I know smeds said something to the fact the f2p was the future but if nothing was said officially about eqNext was f2p then ill belive it when i see it.

• mhoward48mhoward48 Member UncommonPosts: 99

I have been so looking forward to this. The only thing that would stop me from trying this game is F2P. I hope they do not do that. Yet, it seems like this may be the way are going. If so, then I refuse to play it. I have tried that type of gaming, and found it dredful. It completely takes the appeal of the game away for me personally.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Im guessing(hoping more so then guessing really) EQ Next is an updated PS3 Version of EQOA,.. EQ3 will likely be pc exclusive when/if it releases. I can see them making a multi-platform game also tho like DCUO was.

Im hoping EQ Next is some sort of continuation from the EQOA and EQOA Frontiers expac. I have nothing to support this however but seeing as the game is still online and has a money fee after all these years it has to be considered somewhat successful. A sequel with next gen graphics is a logical step in the games existance.

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

Neh, hope its not F2P, still have a bad impression on those types of games. Regardless I read like someone else posted that its a reboot of the series and also that it will take gameplay styles from EQ1 and modern mmos. Can't remember the link since it was months ago, so sorry on that.

• HarmTouchHarmTouch Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Chewybunny

To this day I consder EverQuest 1 Classic and the first two expansions the most fun I've had in an MMO. Ever. I chose WoW over EQ2 because of the string of EverQuest 1 expansions that broke a lot of things in the game, namely for the pvp servers. I later lived to regret that, as when I did quit WoW and eventually got into EQ2 it was an amazing run!

Not going to make the same mistake again, when EQ3 Comes out, I am definately putting a lot of faith into it. 

Nice to hear you went to eq2 and had a good time.When did you stop playing eq2? The content and world is as immersive as it ever was with the last couple xpacs.really amazing content.There is a thread in LFGame http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/341516/Alot-have-been-seeking-an-alternative-to-WoWIts-been-here-all-along.html about EQ2.There are some video links to be watched if you haven't played for a few years or w/e.Good stuff!

On Topic: I just hope eq next isn't cookie cutter. I pray they keep the current eq2 combat system/style and just make an astounding/immersive/vast looking DX11 game with the FL engine.Would be the ultimate mmo imo.