Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: En Masse 'Working with Retailers' for Beta Access

2»

Comments

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by zakiyawow

Originally posted by RedKatana

Originally posted by Wolfhammer

According to the info in the game launcher, the 1st CBT is not this weekend, its the 17th.

I purchased a pre-order and have already downloaded and patched the game.  It clearly states in the CBT dates section the 17th Feb as the 1st one.

Want to clarify that date OP as I'd be very happy if the 1st CBT was indeed the 10th.

Cheers

I hate people talking off their @$$ here bro:

"

by Scapes.

Eager to get your hands on TERA before its launch this coming May? We've got you covered with plenty of opportunities to do just that! TERA's beta test schedule spans from February to April and includes closed beta tests, an open beta test, and the newly-announced Head Start play period.

• Closed Beta Test 1: February 10 – 12

• Closed Beta Test 2: February 24 – 26

• Closed Beta Test 3: March 9 – 11

• Closed Beta Test 4: March 23 – 25

• Closed Beta Test 5: April 6 – 8

• Open Beta Test: April 19 – 22

• Head Start: April 28 – May 1

We will be hosting five closed beta tests for TERA starting February 10, each lasting about 60 hours. Those who have signed up for beta have a chance to be randomly selected to participate in single events. Players who pre-order TERA will gain access to all five closed beta tests and be allowed to retain their characters and their progress for the duration of the closed beta period.

TERA's open beta test starting on April 19 will be open to all who sign up. Finally, the Head Start is an event exclusively for players who pre-order TERA , taking place the weekend before TERA's launch on May 1. There will be no non-disclosure agreement (NDA) during any of these events so feel free to screenshot, film, and write about your experiences and share them with your friends and guildmates!  "

OK?

To be fair, he said he saw it on the launcher. Maybe there is some error there. I wouldnt know since I dont have the game installed. You can sure find out yourself once you have the launcher downloaded though.

Launcher says: January 17th<---- we in February so tell him to pay attention. Jan. 17th was the day EnMasse announced TERA.

• RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

For Europe it is the 17th because Tera Europe has a different timetable:

Overview about beta phases

One of the most asked questions in the last weeks were about the upcoming beta phases for TERA. Today we want to share our plan for all upcoming beta sessions with you, so be sure to check out our complete list:

Start Date

End Date

CBT 1

CBT 2

CBT 3

CBT 4

CBT 5

Character wipe

OBT

Character wipe

PCC

Head Start

Launch

• Please note that dates and details are subject to changes.

Explanation:

CBT = Closed Beta Test

OBT = Open Beta Test – Available for everyone

PCC = Pre Character Creation & Name reservation for pre-order customers

Head Start = only for pre-order customers / If you pre-order TERA, you’ll be able to create a character and reserve your favorite name in advance and you’ll also be able to enter the servers before the actual launch date.

All tests will be held without any active NDA (Non disclosure agreement).

Source: http://tera-europe.com/newsdetail/article/overview-about-beta-phases.html

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by RagnorMalak

For Europe it is the 17th because Tera Europe has a different timetable:

Overview about beta phases

One of the most asked questions in the last weeks were about the upcoming beta phases for TERA. Today we want to share our plan for all upcoming beta sessions with you, so be sure to check out our complete list:

Start Date

End Date

CBT 1

CBT 2

CBT 3

CBT 4

CBT 5

Character wipe

OBT

Character wipe

PCC

Head Start

Launch

Source: http://tera-europe.com/newsdetail/article/overview-about-beta-phases.html

Ops..... my bad forget that frogster set different dates for their beta.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by RedKatana

Launcher says: January 17th<---- we in February so tell him to pay attention. Jan. 17th was the day EnMasse announced TERA.

He is probably too excited that he can download the client lol. Don't blame him for that. 

I am still waiting on Amazon or ANY retailers to update their site...whenever that is.

• Mage_FrancisMage_Francis Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Cursedsei

Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

Originally posted by zephermarkus

Us tera is censored out the ass anyway they already ruined the game just play ktera or dont play it at all. There is a english patch btw.

Please do backup your statement with some sort of facts :P How is the US version of the game censored out the ass? How is it a ruined game already? Doesn't it come out in May? O_o dooo tell!

Off the top of my head multiple armor sets were modified one way or another, emotes were removed/altered, its all cosmetic though.

I wouldn't expect the beta weekends to go over well though, honestly. The European TERA tried to have one, and it shat its heart out before people could even play the game, and they ended up having to cancel the beta weekends until further notice because they have no clue what the issue is.

I doubt the US version is going to be much better off.

The EU version has a totally different publisher then the US.  So there's no use jumping to conclusions based on this past weekend's failure.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by Mage_Francis

Us tera is censored out the ass anyway they already ruined the game just play ktera or dont play it at all. There is a english patch btw.

Please do backup your statement with some sort of facts :P How is the US version of the game censored out the ass? How is it a ruined game already? Doesn't it come out in May? O_o dooo tell!

Off the top of my head multiple armor sets were modified one way or another, emotes were removed/altered, its all cosmetic though.

I wouldn't expect the beta weekends to go over well though, honestly. The European TERA tried to have one, and it shat its heart out before people could even play the game, and they ended up having to cancel the beta weekends until further notice because they have no clue what the issue is.

The EU version has a totally different publisher then the US.  So there's no use jumping to conclusions based on this past weekend's failure.

And you are acting as if TERA hasn't had any issues before this.

The game in general has been suffering from slip ups. I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm saying that it would be safe to expect things not to go over smoothly for the US client based on what has happened with the EU and Asian client.

• Mage_FrancisMage_Francis Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Mage_Francis

And you are acting as if TERA hasn't had any issues before this.

The game in general has been suffering from slip ups. I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm saying that it would be safe to expect things not to go over smoothly for the US client based on what has happened with the EU and Asian client.

The korean version of this game is already released and running.  The EU beta test went sour from login servers crashing which isn't client side.  There hasn't been any other open beta tests of this game in EU or NA so I don't know what other slip up you are reffering too. It would be safe to assume En Masse is working this week on their NA servers to not repeat what Frogster had on their hands this past weekend.