Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR: From co-op to MMORPG

2»

Comments

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Innovative? Dont make me laugh

-I am here to perform logic

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

If Skyrim added a few tiny group quests and 1 single social hub that holds an auction house (space port), it will be as much of a MMO as SWTOR is.

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

I like the way it is.

If i want to solo, i will do my class story (awesome)

If i want to group, i will do FP or OP with guildmates.

What's wrong with that?  I challenge you to point to me what is wrong with this!

eqnext.wikia.com

• MattNeMattNe Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by matraque

I like the way it is.

If i want to solo, i will do my class story (awesome)

If i want to group, i will do FP or OP with guildmates.

What's wrong with that?  I challenge you to point to me what is wrong with this!

There is nothing wrong with this.

• EnoshEnosh Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by SkillCosby

If Skyrim added a few tiny group quests and 1 single social hub that holds an auction house (space port), it will be as much of a MMO as SWTOR is.

but it didn't

so it isn't

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

It is the way it is. it's hard to admit for some people but these ideas were floating around the old TOR forums for years. They never got a second look or got shot down very fast when someone suggested them.

The best hope is to just let the game sit and stew. it will improve over time. and if you still don't see any of the ideas you suggested OP? not much you can do. I like the paint idea though.

Cheers

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013

To preface what I'm going to say, I love pvp. Absolutely love it. Dont' have to have it but when I do then I really enjoy it.

Having said that, I feel people need to stop insisting that pve playes need only try pvp to realize how awesome it is. This is just absurd. There are people who just don't want that type of competition.  So lI think we need to stop pushing "our views" down the throats of others.

Now, "having said that" I think there is merit in the rest of the post.

Some harder content would be good. The heroics are a good step in the right direction. As far as more options to socialize, I also agree.

Each planet needs to have a hub. I understand they want the fleets to be their hub but it makes each planet a bit dead.

So more group content that people want to do and more social hubs for players.

Leave the pvp to players who love pvp. My guess "the pvp servers".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Sovrath

To preface what I'm going to say, I love pvp. Absolutely love it. Dont' have to have it but when I do then I really enjoy it.

Having said that, I feel people need to stop insisting that pve playes need only try pvp to realize how awesome it is. This is just absurd. There are people who just don't want that type of competition.  So lI think we need to stop pushing "our views" down the throats of others.

Now, "having said that" I think there is merit in the rest of the post.

Some harder content would be good. The heroics are a good step in the right direction. As far as more options to socialize, I also agree.

Each planet needs to have a hub. I understand they want the fleets to be their hub but it makes each planet a bit dead.

So more group content that people want to do and more social hubs for players.

Leave the pvp to players who love pvp. My guess "the pvp servers".

Stumbled on this and realised I did not answer yet.

I don't see PvP as being always a competition but more replacing AI with players brain.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

The problem is simple: SWTOR is not a MMORPG. It's a single-player game with an Auction House hub. Connecting to a Warzone feels nothing more than the Call of Duty match-make system.

Other than story, which got extremely boring for me, there is literally not one grand thing about this game.