Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Rumors/Info

2»

Comments

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Kirkland, WAMember Posts: 137

Originally posted by binkus

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

God...
    This looks like WAR reskinned, I'm sorry to say.
    4 classes per race: melee DPS, ranged DPS, healer, tank
    race-specific classes, mirrored
    2 factions: order and "disorder"
    the dreadful leveling system which leaves everybody and their dog playing god-heroes eventually (Archmage anyone?) ... well at least not everyone is running around waving glowsticks.. sorry, lightsabers
    3 skill trees to specialize in
    they even mention combat skill mechanic is the same as in WAR
    what is wrong with these guys?

Agree with you they are not filling a niche with this clone that only the fanboys and hardcore will want to play, but they will soon get bored, said it before and i will say it again they should have gone a more Planetside route with this game all can fight against each other or they work together in some flimsy unwritten alliance

throw the player into a first person character of their choosing whether they want to sit infront of their pc shouting blood for the blood god or warrrg, leveling up their char for new weapon access and pvp action

OP agreed very uninspiring a great lack of originality and clones all die in droves to the vault of what sounded great but what ruined by lack of creativity and foresight

still popping back in to see if they have seen sense, but nooooo still just a few people on forum shouting you are a troll, or you are trolling, how they forget the worst i or they could do is Caps lock me to death. 

to --> St michael shut up you horrifc fan monkey let people say their piece without you mucking in

Well you're response seems a bit vitriolic.  St. Michael's repsonses on the other hand seem to fairly non-combative (for the most part).

Yes, the game is following the traditional mmo route.

No, the concept of having greenskins working with (manipulated by) other races is not unheard of.

No, having only 2 factions(sides) with 3 or more races is also not unheard of.

Yes, we'd all (for the most part) prefer there was a faction for each individual race.

Honestly, I subscribe to the wait and see menality.  Basically we know almost nothing of the game so we don't acutally KNOW how much it will suck (if at all). 

To date I've enjoyed THQ doing 40K so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.  When they have a working demo for E3 (and hopefully PAX Prime) we'll all get a much betting idea of what the game will be like.

Until then, we're all just speculating.  To be fair there is nothing wrong with speculating.  But, there is no reason to get into a flame war about who's speculation is right or wrong.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Brockton, MAMember Posts: 292 Uncommon

Care to give any kind of supporting evidence, or even a coherent opinion, as to why Orks and Chaos shouldn't team up?  

I will ,just because  Chaos want the Orks' help doesn't mean they will. They -MAY- be going the way Chaos wants them or they may decide something completly different.. They -may- decide to turn on the forces of Chaos all for the enjoyment of thirsting Gods. The Orks are NOT meat sheilds for Chaos, that's why they have their own lore (source books) they are NOT a simple extention of the Forces of Chaos(ie traitor legions to be specific). Someitmes Orks fight Orks...who would have thought a species devoted to violence might fight just about anybody.

Now we KNOW that the Eldar may turn on the Imperium... This is NOT uncommon... NO ONE is pals..That is the schtickt of the 40K setting...It's Dark..like a "Dark Millennium" or something. WAR is common , everyone is fighting for survival, sometimes they turn on allies and then make up latter only to betray each other again.

I hope IF this game gets made, it is NOT made by people who are clueless on the setting.  Having a simple Order vs. Chaos Reflects that the designer do NOT "Get" the setting. Where do the Tyranids fit in? How about the Necrons? How about the Eldar?

• UnicornicusUnicornicus San Francisco, CAMember Posts: 235

I hope IF this game gets made, it is NOT made by people who are clueless on the setting.  Having a simple Order vs. Chaos Reflects that the designer do NOT "Get" the setting. Where do the Tyranids fit in? How about the Necrons? How about the Eldar?

Except that, as it has been stated time and time and time and time again on this forum, the FACT of the matter is that Order v. Disorder (destruction) is in fact a construct that came right from Games Workshop and not the developer at all. Therefor, I think they do "get" it.

2»