Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: MMORPG.com Community Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We recently asked you, our loyal readers, to submit questions to the DC Universe Online team. We chose some of the best to submit to DCUO's Senior Community Relations Manager Tony Jones. We've got your answers so keep reading!

White Lantern: In the early days, it was often talked about the current cities being bottled and it was eluded to that we would eventually help un-bottle them. Are there still plans to un-bottle Gotham and Metropolis to make the game world bigger?

A: We obviously can’t discuss too many details on content in development but I can say that the team has been busy working on ways to help get players back into Metropolis and Gotham City.

Read more of our DC Universe Online: MMORPG.com Community Interview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

That was a whole lot of stepping without much dancing.

I appreciate my (and other's) questions being asked and the (few) answers they were able to give, but I was expecting more from this. The cynic in me says they learned their lesson from pre-launch and refuse to give out information that might not materialize.

Breakdown:

Q1 : can't aswer

Q2: No, but maybe

Q3: Can't answer

Q4: Direct answer!

Q5: Can't answer

Q6: No, but maybe

Q7: Direct answer!

Q8: Direct answer!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

I can (I think safely) say I know some of the stuff they're working on, and while I'm bound by NDA and mortal laws to not say much, it's exciting.  I think the future's bright for the game, given the F2P model, but I definitely feel like they're taking it easy on any promises they might make, as the team seems much more reactive now.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• zambronixzambronix Member Posts: 1

How about having worm holes/portals from one end of the city to the other. Or teleportation booths.

And how about having a 5 second speed boost for battle. Kinda like speed hack. You can associate that with the orange energy bar that fills up as you're fighting.

And I agree with being able to switch weapons with the stroke of one key. 

(Programmable presets)

Or maybe when you switch fighting styles it changes the weapon you carry along with your style/look. 

No one really talks much about convenience. Little things like these are usually just ignored by DC Universe game developers.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Kinda bland honestly. Its wonderful for someone who is "in the know" to tell us they are excited about the future and we should be also. But with no new info, how can we be? There wasnt even any hints at something specific, just very broad general statements that only tell us, yes we are still developing content.

There were only 2 pieces of actual information:

1. We are cracking down on hackers and 3rd party programs

2. We dont want to make being a free player any more useful. We want instead to encourage more players into Legendary status.

Even Q7 was not a driect answer. He said they want to add more powers, and maybe someday down the road Mentors. Thats like saying, yes of course we are still working on new content for the game. Thats all any of those answers really comes down to. We cant tell you anything except that we are still here. Thanks for playing.

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

... real question is there anything going on with open world dynamic events??!!!

a random braniac invasion on a section of metro/gotham/. if both hero/villian fail to respond or fail the invasion in general that area will be preoccuppied by more powerful brainiac minions 24hr or more (like a week!!!!!) time period unless heroes/villian can tediously clean up these ultra powerful make you cry to your momma brainiac minions fob camp unless you have a army of hero/villian league to kick them out.

from that itself lots of quest/mission can be generated from destroying brainiac fob camp (ex. destroy energy generators,shields,defensive turrets,teleporters,transporters,brainiac harvesting&missions,etc).

then there's the backstabbing drama with the heroes and villians to get top loot/points.

make it feel like a war, a struggle for man-kind and amazon babes.

make it happen!

that's what we all want.

do it.

cmon.

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by SandaStunna

... real question is there anything going on with open world dynamic events??!!!

a random braniac invasion on a section of metro/gotham/. if both hero/villian fail to respond or fail the invasion in general that area will be preoccuppied by more powerful brainiac minions 24hr or more (like a week!!!!!) time period unless heroes/villian can tediously clean up these ultra powerful make you cry to your momma brainiac minions fob camp unless you have a army of hero/villian league to kick them out.

from that itself lots of quest/mission can be generated from destroying brainiac fob camp (ex. destroy energy generators,shields,defensive turrets,teleporters,transporters,brainiac harvesting&missions,etc).

then there's the backstabbing drama with the heroes and villians to get top loot/points.

make it feel like a war, a struggle for man-kind and amazon babes.

make it happen!

that's what we all want.

do it.

cmon.

Why not? They've borrowed a few other GW2 ideas, I have no qualms if they did this too. It'd definitely give things a more epic/immersive feel, in my opinion. As far as some of our other questions go...I feel a lot like WhiteLantern does with regards to getting very few specifics out of SOE. I can understand that they can't talk about things that are in current development, but HOPEFULLY, if they're NOT talking about some of these things, they MAY be in development. That's how I'm going to look at it for now (albeit through rose-colored glasses). I'm glad they're (finally) doing something about cheaters/hackers. I haven't played in a few weeks, but I'm going to check things out and, again, HOPEFULLY they're getting better.

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

Wow, that was 2 minutes of my life I will never get back. Next time, twist an arm or hold their poodle puppies hostage so we can get something beyond... well, we are thinking about the things that everyone is thinking about and we might or might not be actually working on any of these ideas at the current time"...

Worst-interview-ever!!

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

That was a whole lot of stepping without much dancing.

I appreciate my (and other's) questions being asked and the (few) answers they were able to give, but I was expecting more from this. The cynic in me says they learned their lesson from pre-launch and refuse to give out information that might not materialize.

Breakdown:

Q1 : can't aswer

Q2: No, but maybe

Q3: Can't answer

Q4: Direct answer!

Q5: Can't answer

Q6: No, but maybe

Q7: Direct answer!

Q8: Direct answer!

LOL gotta agree, why dd u even bother posting this 'interview' since it never really gave any info, insight, didnt 'tease' me into trying, nothing, just a whole bunch of 'sorry can't answer that'

And these are the questions you were ALLOWED to ask? I wonder what the 'denied' questions were :P

• KassandratKassandrat Member Posts: 2

The refusal to raise the  money cap limit is disappointing. The new Research and Develpment means that Premium players will never be able to compete with Legendary ones anymore. I can't afford a monthly subscription right now but do regularly spend money on DCUO. I guess they no longer want my business.

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

Wow this is very nice! gratz that you make it to answer a bit some of the evading questions :D, sucks they dont wanna raise the money cap im premium and sucks good thing my bf is legendary and he buys everything for me and trade it, still hard for me i imagine those who dont have someone to help them :3

• Shawn964Shawn964 Member UncommonPosts: 28

They answered my question. :3

But it was an answer i did't really like...

Legenday can has millions of dollars(which is a big WDF, horrible economy and money glitchers) So why cant free and prem have like a 50,000 money cap or something.

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by Kassandrat

The refusal to raise the  money cap limit is disappointing. The new Research and Develpment means that Premium players will never be able to compete with Legendary ones anymore. I can't afford a monthly subscription right now but do regularly spend money on DCUO. I guess they no longer want my business.

I'm disappointed in this as well and am also a premium member. I've considered MAYBE subbing for just one month (I believe they have that option now), getting all of my characters to level 30, buying up all the R&D recipes for each character, then just remaining premium afterward.

As it stands, I can't see the point in paying a continuous sub for DCUO, either. Right now, it isn't worth it (just my opinion). One to two years from now...who knows? If they were to reduce the sub price by about 66%, in the meantime,  that might be more reasonable.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

HA HA HA, Hilarious...  

They add crafting finally and then only allow Monthly Subbers to actually participate in it b/c they still won't drop this stupid Cash cap thing? ....Hilarious.   So much for for his comments about "but the focus right now is on content everyone can enjoy."  Sounds like an outright LIE when they're in such close proximity to eachother :D