Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The Syndicate: 16 Years & Counting

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Syndicate, an online multi-game community, has sent word that it has reached a milestone 16th year of existence. Among other things, The Syndicate sports over 1,200 members and claims a 99% retention rate of its members.

Throughout its 16 years, The Syndicate has set the mark for excellence in a number of ways. The foundation of the success of the guild was created through established a strict and well managed recruiting policy. In order to join The Syndicate one must be close friends with the guild; have a compatible personality and gaming play style; and be looking for long term membership that is based heavily around building personal relationships with other members of the guild. That focus has led to the creation of a 'drama free' environment with unparalleled retention which in turn has allowed for deep friendships to form.

Find out more about The Syndicate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Blergh. That's all I can think of when reading about this "cult".
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

My guilds been around longer, Guiness has already been advised of this, we have more members, better recruitment, we dominate every game we play, we host an event to bring all our members together each year (Justin Bieber played at the last one) and we test professionaly for all the major developers. We are currently in discussion with Massively.com to annoy its users with monthly reports of our awesomeness.

Yes my guild epeen is bigger than yours,

Sincerly -  < Insert any guild name of three friends who played MuDs together >

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

wow this again?  why?

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I really thought we were done with this crap. It was not received well with a lot of the posters here last time what makes you think this time will be any different? Just stop.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

lol

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Its a tough job being the man but somebodys got to do it I guess.
  • ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

they sounds like a bunch of douches with monacles.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Congratulations, while we are on the topic of the past sixteen years I would like to boast about some of my personal achievments over the past sixteen years as well, I survived 3 potential life ending occasions related to hobbies I love, graduated high school, graduated college, got a sweet job, got married to my high school sweatheart, found God and believe in the Kingdom that awaits me and I believe that Jesus died to take away the sin of the world, went on a multi year spurt of scenario and re reational Paintball to which I had the time of my life, made some mistakes, made some friends, hurt some people I love, went on vacation almost every year to the beach, rescued a couple dogs, gave some advice to people I never expected to talk to that later came back and thanked me, played some video games, hung out with family, thier not perfect but they are my family and I'm thankful just to have a family, found out I can do better than what I actually thought I could. Out of all of those achievments the most life,changing of course goes to finding God, knowing him and what he has done for us, it has really made made all the hardships of the past become minimalized, I feel so immune to circumstances its a wonderful feeling. I catch all kinds of grief for playing video games mostly from my wife now of course, but at the end of the day I know a video game, a wifes grief, losing your job, not having a mother, no father, hollow relationships with everyone you have ever met mean nothing because the father in heaven will always be there even when your at rock botttom.
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

MMORPG.COM, can you please stop writing about a single guild not many people care about? Are you all in the guild or are they paying you to feature them?

You've written about them before and ignored all the many great guilds out there. And you've only gone and ignored the community AGAIN and written about a single guild you've written about several times before...

Thanks.

• HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 218

When did mmorpg.com become a guild recruitment center?

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 227

Seriously last year you posted this crap and WE the COMMUNITY in a 23 page thread told you how much we do not care about you boasting this guild!

Do you not care to listen to us, the people who log on your site, put up with your ads so you can get your money?

My guild hits 9 year in August, so I EXPECT that you will do an artice on IRONFIST? Or are you Bias to only this guild?

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Employing the words Excellence and Achievement when talking about playing video games hurt  my eyes.

I poo every day and i dont  expect to be recognized as  a Dedicated and Stalwart Contributor to the Ecosystem because of it.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

Elitist douches find other elitist douches on the interbuttz and play games together, wherein they attract other elitist douches and develop a strong and lasting sense of self-importance that spans many games.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffff.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• xZeRGzxZeRGz Member Posts: 118

Wow, it's deja vu all over again!

• HydekeHydeke Member UncommonPosts: 19

please get this trash off this site

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

I know I got a Fuck around here somewhere. I can give at least one, I know I can. Anyone got a spare Fuck on them?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

LOL I still remember the last thread about this guild. That one went swimmingly, wouldn't you say MMORPG.com?

Just like this one is going to...

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Not this shit again...ugh.

What part of "we don't care" was difficult to grasp the first time around?

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

<puts Tin-foil hat on>

My thoughts on this is that this guild in its infancy was created by a bunch of Trust fund kiddies or just rich people in general with a lot of money to burn. Over the years they have used said money/influence to infiltrate media sites and gaming companies to "appreciate" how awesome a guild they are. Money can buy a lot of E-peen time on a lot of social sites.

Just my little thoughts on this whole "Syndicate created guild gaming as we know it, bow down now" thing I have been seeing not only here but a few other places.

<unfolds hat to grill steaks on>

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• Guild Rules?

Fail.