Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Continent of the Ninth Seal: VIP Beta Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We recently had the opportunity for a VIP experience in Webzen's "Continent of the Ninth Seal" or C9 as it is more commonly known. See what we discovered about this highly anticipated action MMO in our latest preview.

Continent of the Ninth Seal (or C9) has been around for some time via Webzen in the Asian territories. However, its public beta here in the states is just about to ramp up, and we’ve had the good fortune of trying it out this past weekend during their “VIP” beta tester phase. The basics? C9 is akin to Nexon’s Vindictus. I don’t mean to too dismissive, but it’s true. Only C9’s combat seems much more layered and complex than Vindictus at first glance (though gone are all the wrestling moves, at least with my Hunter in the early stages). And that’s what this game is really all about: the combat, the dungeon running, and the party-based play.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Continent of the Ninth Seal: VIP Beta Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Im not seeing this game going anywhere

• kljuc1kljuc1 Member Posts: 3

looks like first favorite for  fail of the 2012 award.  1,05 coefficient that u will play this game 1-2 weeks and quit it.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

That would  be longer than I played Vindictus.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Ahhh, I was going to give this game a try, but after this preview not a chance. Heavily instanced and dungeon crawling, what a disappointment.

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

Thanks for the preview!  I enjoy the combats in Vindictus quite a lot using a 360 controller, and that's why I think I'd also like the pace of C9's action-oriented combat.  But in truth, without a larger explorable & immersive world full of neat things to discover and do, this kind of game is something I look at as fun for the short term while waiting for that game I'd want to sink my teeth into for the longer term.

pie.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Donno why people keep comparing this to Vindictus. If you want to compare it to another action based MMO then C9 is more akin to Dragon Nest. C9 is almost exactly like Dragon Nest except with the more traditional art style.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i totally forgot i had VIP access to beta, downloading now and hoping its not instanced like Vindictus, if its more open world then its going to be awesome.

edit: just read on this article that is heavily instanced like Vindictus... thats a high possibility i wont play past beta.

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by rojo6934

i totally forgot i had VIP access to beta, downloading now and hoping its not instanced like Vindictus, if its more open world then its going to be awesome.

edit: just read on this article that is heavily instanced like Vindictus... thats a high possibility i wont play past beta.

Yeah, it's almost identical to Vindictus, just with different "classes". I messed around on it for a bit this weekend and it's mildly entertaining. The graphics are pretty (which is why I gave it a shot) at least. I can see myself playing this off and on like I play Vindictus, but I can't see myself getting super into it.

• caponezcaponez Member Posts: 1

@rojo6934: I have played the korean version and C9 is like Vindictus with better graphic and individual style. But the PVP-Instance is like Dragon Nest a very interesting end-content-element!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

thats sad for me... i log in to Vindictus like once every couple of months.... The heavy instancing kills any mmo for me, but i will give this one a shot, maybe i can play  it more than Vindictus, ill see

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I'll try it out for a while.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Sogi-YaSogi-Ya Member Posts: 53

Yeah it's alot like vindictus .... except that the towns aren't the size of postage stamps, the NPC's aren't hiding inside all day (*gasp* some of them are actual characters that show up in missions), the combat is better, crafting is better, class progression is better, the plot is better, the dungeons are better, graphics are more balanced (less lag in towns / more characters on screen), and the game is actually fun.

....  but you can't smash up your ship before missions, so I guess I couldn't call it perfect.

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166

It's like saying all fighting games are the same or all RPGs are the same. Vindictus and C9 don't play anything alike.

Besides C9 plays like a faster version of Dragon Nest if you want to compare something.

• avassavass Member Posts: 2

it looks like rift