Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Perma Banned and then changed to a 10 day ban for asking people in his guild chat if the want

1235»

Comments

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

Yep this is our beloved BW alright. I still don't understand why all the whinning. Move along, play a real mmo and forget this loading scr ... ahem game.

ya how dare they enforce there rules, its just insane.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Originally posted by warmaster670

Yep this is our beloved BW alright. I still don't understand why all the whinning. Move along, play a real mmo and forget this loading scr ... ahem game.

ya how dare they enforce there rules, its just insane.

Oh they can do whatever they want, believe me, read the eula.

... but playing  the game is your choice. image

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by illorion

Not sure if this has made it on here yet. Basically this guy asked his guild mates in SWTOR if anyone wanted to swap some credits for WoW gold. 

He was permanently banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xukGCbX9PVc&feature=relmfu

Just thought it was an interesting find.

Good he should get his ass banned and I am glad that he was.

Seriously people should stop using RMT or well get banned.

100 % support for this

edit: jsut ffound out he got 10-day ban only. Too bad - he should get perma ban.

• PerramasPerramas Member UncommonPosts: 83

BW did not go far enough. Not only should they have deleted his account, they should have gave a warning to everyone who was in guildchat that did not report him.

FUncom putting the FU in fun since 1993.

Originally posted by fenistil

Not sure if this has made it on here yet. Basically this guy asked his guild mates in SWTOR if anyone wanted to swap some credits for WoW gold. 

100 % support for this

edit: jsut ffound out he got 10-day ban only. Too bad - he should get perma ban.

just /facepalm

RMT? Seriously? do you even read the OP?

Yes stupidity should be banable, perma banable.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Originally posted by sassoonss

ha ha nice title.

anyway I dont see any fault in asking such kind of help

MMO are a social game it’s all about interaction.

My friend regularly gave me stuff and kinah in Aion as I didn’t like to grind way back and in return I used to help him in WAR/AOC

We are not gold farmers , we made the money by playing the game.

You can quote the rules and  bash all the moral policing u want but, don’t we all share music,games ,movies amongst friends n relatives al the time.

His mistake was he asked in guild chat to people whom he is not all that friendly.

I fell the mods should have just warned him – perma ban or suspension was too much.

I don’t feel it was anything wrong. I offered my friend to try SWTOR and if he likes I would give him gold so that he can speed up in return he said u can always return to Aion and he would help me out with Kinah.

Actually no, I don't share anything with anyone, its morally wrong and I actively discourage my children from doing so even though I'm sure they are disregarding me in this matter. image

Never use the excuse that everyone else is doing it as justification for wrong behavior, it's still wrong regardless.

Does this mean that I always walk the straight and narrow path in life? No, of course not, you won't see me walking on water any time soon, but I try very hard to better myself every day and not give into temptation.

But hey, in the scope of the unvierse this transgression is a small one the the real mistake was discussing it in open chat where someone could report it if they took offense.  Better to keep it in the guild forums.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

100 % support for this

just /facepalm

Common sense man. I know he tried to exchange one game currency to other game currency.

It was no hard to figure out I am using RMT to descibe all non-in-game ways to trade things.

Seriously... Do you need everything to be wrote in capital letters like for a child?

Besides for me exchanging game gold for other game gold is no diffrent from buying it with real cash. That's why I find it equally wrong.

100 % support for this

just /facepalm

Common sense man. I know he tried to exchange one game currency to other game currency.

It was no hard to figure out I am using RMT to descibe all non-in-game ways to trade things.

Seriously... Do you need everything to be wrote in capital letters like for a child?

Besides for me exchanging game gold for other game gold is no diffrent from buying it with real cash. That's why I find it equally wrong.

Even a child should  know that argument from common sense is one of logical fallacies. Ban?

Even a child should  know that argument from common sense is one of logical fallacies. Ban?

Whatever will let you sleep at night.

----------

Anyway back on topic:

Glad that BW banned him.  Not glad that only temp ban.

I myself always report this kind of things, as well as using exploits , bots ,etc

It is impossible to rid out of all weed out of a game ,but well purging mercilessly still bring best results.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Would it also result in a ban, if he tried to trade ingame currency between servers?
    I.e. trying to push a twink on server B with main on server A?

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

GOOD! I'm please Bioware is taking this serious.

This discussion has been closed.