Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Perma Banned and then changed to a 10 day ban for asking people in his guild chat if the want

Comments

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by illorion

Originally posted by GMan3

Amazing.  The OP points out that someone got a TEMP Ban when he tried to break the terms of service of TWO different games and none of you feel sorry for this person? 

Where is your heart?  Where is your compassion?

Probably right where mine is, in the correct place.  What the person did was a creative way of gold farming, but still gold farming no matter how you look at it and I for one am sorry that he did not receive a PERMANENT BAN for it.

Sorry OP, but no matter how you try to spin this it still comes out the same.  The guy was wrong, was reported, and received punishment.  In the world I was raised in that is called the RIGHT THING.

And with that... i think im done...  You right... no matter how I look at it it is gold farming... thank you for showing me the error of my thoughts. Im so glad he is out of the game... who knows what kind of in game devistation that would have wrought on the economy... almost broke the whole damn game.

I am in awe at the benevolance of BW/EA in even allowing this... CRETIN... back into the game. I honestly don't know how they could allow such a person in an enviroment where children play... he should be arrested.

Crap now I have to make a new thread to rally people to arrest this crazy bastard

Sorry your troll thread didn't work for you, better luck next time.  Personally, I think it is people, like you, that do not think they have to follow the rules that need to be disciplined just for the way you screw up the rest of society.  But that is just my opinion.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

What was the original title of the thread. The new one makes me lol.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by Mellkor

@ form title, lol really?

Hes just emo because people called him on his BS title, he seems to think its ok to have a title thats a flat out lie if it gets people to read hios thread.

How was it a lie.

He asked a guildie to help him out in WoW in exchange for some help in SWTOR.... the title read

Player gets perma banned for asking guildie to help him in WoW... i dont see the blatant lie here.

Its not like it said "SWTOR bans player and kill his dog" or something

He didnt ask anyone for help, he asked someone to trade him currency.

Originally posted by bartoni33

Well here isn't to much to play right now... Skyrim... thats about it... and ive sank hundreds of hours into it by now. I do enjoy being on the forums... not just this one.  And I talk about this game because maybe... just maybe... if enough people tear into this AAA WoW clone then they will finally stop making them and make something different for a change.

Yeah who the fuck would want to make a successful game based on the most successful game of all time. OF ALL TIME!

The troll is strong in this one. I revoke my half-ass approval of this thread and all its contents.

I bet you are just chomping at the bit to get your hands on final fantasy 15 or 16 or 22 or whatever number they are on now... because you know... copying and pasting the same successful game over and over and over again is full of win

This post alone shows are truly clueless you are, like what has already been posting, if you knew a thing about what you were talking about you would be able to see past the little number next to the name and know that each FF game is different, and the opposite of copy pasted.

Let me guess, you also think that the phantom menace is a copy paste of a new hope? makes just as much sense as what you said.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by Jimmac

What was the original title of the thread. The new one makes me lol.

See post #62.

True story.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

The new title made my morning

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by dinams

The new title made my morning

Yeah actually the new title is all that needs to be known about the contents of the thread. First post is utter bullshit.

But like I posted eariler at least he is trolling on a new subject and not rehashing the old worn out dead horses that have clogged up these here forums for days now.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Not sure if this has made it on here yet. Basically this guy asked his guild mates in SWTOR if anyone wanted to swap some credits for WoW gold. 

He was permanently banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xukGCbX9PVc&feature=relmfu

Just thought it was an interesting find.

well thats basicalyl gold trading so maybe games should take a hard stance on gold trading.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

ha ha nice title.

anyway I dont see any fault in asking such kind of help

MMO are a social game it’s all about interaction.

My friend regularly gave me stuff and kinah in Aion as I didn’t like to grind way back and in return I used to help him in WAR/AOC

We are not gold farmers , we made the money by playing the game.

You can quote the rules and  bash all the moral policing u want but, don’t we all share music,games ,movies amongst friends n relatives al the time.

His mistake was he asked in guild chat to people whom he is not all that friendly.

I fell the mods should have just warned him – perma ban or suspension was too much.

I don’t feel it was anything wrong. I offered my friend to try SWTOR and if he likes I would give him gold so that he can speed up in return he said u can always return to Aion and he would help me out with Kinah.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

lmao at the title..

haha

Originally posted by sassoonss

ha ha nice title.

My friend regularly gave me stuff and kinah in Aion as I didn’t like to grind way back and in return I used to help him in WAR/AOC

You can quote the rules and  bash all the moral policing u want but, don’t we all share music,games ,movies amongst friends n relatives al the time.

His mistake was he asked in guild chat to people whom he is not all that friendly.

I fell the mods should have just warned him – perma ban or suspension was too much.

I don’t feel it was anything wrong. I offered my friend to try SWTOR and if he likes I would give him gold so that he can speed up in return he said u can always return to Aion and he would help me out with Kinah.

See OP this is how you should have worded your opening post. I can agree with him 100% without feeling like I'm siding with a troll.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by sassoonss

ha ha nice title.

While i can understand why you might feel that way, the simple fact remains that in almost every MMO out there the Terms Of Service clearly forbid this kind of action (and yes SWTOR and WoW both forbid it).  So while you "feel" one way, it really doesn't matter since you are wrong.  If you violate the rules, you do it at your own risk and have to be mature enough to accept the penalties for your actions.  Plain and simple.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

I don't care what the thread is about, that title is brilliant! 

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

I didnt even think titles could go this long you sir have won the interwebs. 

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

Originally posted by arrisb

/agreed :D

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

Originally posted by arrisb

SEE there OP you attract more flies with sugar than honey!

Well that and actually stating the truth and not lying.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Epic thread title.

Oh, and totally legitimate ban.

It may not be real money, but the affect in the game is the same. If this player has a ridiculous amount of wow gold, for example, he could have gain a serious advantage over others, as well as negatively affecting the in game economy.

This is no different than buying credits. Good riddance.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Holy thread backfire.  Very amusing.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Nice to see that EA/BW is so forgiving, it should have been a perma-ban, he got off lightly.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Ahh the old MMO car analogy.... Ahh the old "i see what you did there so that makes me smarter than you" move

And you only prove my point... once again I am arguing the morality of permanently banning a player or even banning a player at all for this and you are still smacking me over the head with the TOS wiffle ball bat.

I have made this joke in WoW actually... and didn't get banned for it... and in General chat to boot. Back when people where leaving to play aion I used to say... "I got a toon in aion... give your stuff and you can have all of it". No one ever took me up on the offer... but i certainly didnt get banned for it... cause that would have been stupid.

Even if someone did report it... what exactly was the person thinking who read it... "Holy shit this could break the game PERMA BAN" Cmon really?

I await your next post where you cite particular sections of the TOS as well as other games TOS's if someone hasn't already done it for you before I even finished typing this

i shall counter with two points

1) i did not use the mmo car analogy...i used a driver analogy

2) he wasnt perma banned

3) i have no argument. I am not presenting a troll post to argue. Thats the responsibility of the original poster.

Ok that was 3 points but who is counting.

1) Potato Potaato

2) It was a perma banned but he managed to get it repealed to a 10 day suspension. If he hadn't it would have been a perma ban

3) My argument is that it is "morally wrong" as in "not a good reason" to perma ban a player for something like this... that is my opinion. If you disagree with it well... let's just say never trust anyone who values "technicailities" more than "what's right"

Regarding your third point, you fail to understand what a "Lawful Good" personality type is and how they react in these situations. If something is illegal and/or wrong (which this situation certainly qualifies) they are compelled to report it to the authorities, regardless of the "technicalities" as you put it.

They would turn in their own family, and certainly some random internet guild member. You may not agree with their choice but they are not wrong in their actions.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TyratopsTyratops Member Posts: 98

Loving the topic title :D

• Surprised he didn't get Perma banned in WoW as it is in their ToS that using their in game products for any bartering will result in a permanent ban. Haven't read the SWTOR close enough yet, but I am shocked that SWTOR isn't the same.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Swapping game 'gold' is against the terms of service, whether you're a regular player or a gold farmer. Player is lucky they only got a 10 day ban.

Also, the title was very informative.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

A guild mate of mine got banned. He didnt want everyone knowing but he told one of the other guildies he was buying credits and next thing ya know boom! Temp ban. He played it off as "He was hacked" but some of us knew the truth and point and laugh anytime we see his name pop up for being a cheap bastard.

Honestly im glad companies punish players for this type of currency trading whether its for real money or fake money of another form. People like the guild member mentioned and to an extent the O.P are the reason so many gold farmers exist. As long as there is a market for people too lazy to farm currency themselves to trade/buy it from someone else MMO Currency Farmers will never go anywhere.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Actualy have multi game guilds too and say trade 1000 WoW gold for 1000 credits (or whatever the equvilant value might be since I don't play SWTOR) if I wanted to do that usually done over vent or on a forum only viewable by members.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Yep this is our beloved BW alright. I still don't understand why all the whinning. Move along, play a real mmo and forget this loading scr ... ahem game.

This discussion has been closed.