Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - "Let's see who can glide the furthest." + BEST VIDEOS YET

SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qar7OYgrPSo

The gliding doesn't sell me; the open world does.

----

NEW FANTASTIC HD ArcheAge VIDEOS

PART 1 (Starts at 1:30 - Combat, Walking, Gliding): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VItkmyyfymA&feature=related

PART 2 (Adventuring, Harvesting, Chopping Trees, etc):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-3hTBltxN4

Harvesting, Adventuring, Detail, etc.

ArcheAge MOUNTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6bt1iKL_po&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Customizing CAPE (Cool): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj64mYMtK6Y&feature=related 

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

See that is cool.   The games own mechanics allowed the players to make a game for themselves within the game.  

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Cool.

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Thats pretty cool.

Everything about Archage seems awesome. Except for all the anime/manga stuff. That class which plays a guitar with hearts and junk (a skill tree called Love? ugh).  Turrible. I have a feeling it will flop here in America because all the anime stuff.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Looks like a good game from all the videos around, but who knows, would be awesome if we had some english speaking koreans to give us some hints, or maybe an early review, cause I can't and won't play it without english text.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Teala

See that is cool.   The games own mechanics allowed the players to make a game for themselves within the game.  

Did you say game within a game?

GAMECEPTION!

AHHHHH

But no really, I love the vids, and I entirely agree that more games need to have the tools to make players able to make their own games.  

Been watching AA closely, really hope it will be my sandbox fix... Oh UO I miss you.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Reminds me of the time we had a shield surfing competition in Dark and Light, still waiting for a game that lets use my shield as a snowboard as D&L did. :-p

It’s little player made challenges like this that help build a healthy community.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Reminds me of some races with levitation back in EQ1. Very cool stuff.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

"Free trees - lets cut!"   LOL!   He came across another clans tree farm, waited for them to grow, came back to cut them down, started cutting them and one of the owners showed up.    Too funny.  

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

"Free trees - lets cut!"   LOL!   He came across another clans tree farm, waited for them to grow, came back to cut them down, started cutting them and one of the owners showed up.    Too funny.  

Haha! I didn't get what was going on at first! Now it makes perfect sense!

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Western developers should feel embarrassed by the level of detail and effort that is going into this game.  Seems to be the first of the so-called "Sand Park" or "Theme Box" games.  Hopefully it will take off and some western developers will finally open their eyes.

~Hairysun

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

From what ive seen from previews, this game could be the savior of the mmo. We shall see.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Thats pretty cool.

Everything about Archage seems awesome. Except for all the anime/manga stuff. That class which plays a guitar with hearts and junk (a skill tree called Love? ugh).  Turrible. I have a feeling it will flop here in America because all the anime stuff.

Games don't flop because they  look a bit anime, the myth Westerners don't like the look of Asian games is just a myth that people like you parrot to make yourselves sound smart.

Blade & Soul is much more anime than AA and it's one of the most anticipated games.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

For those who are watching the gliding videos, I would like to point out that this kind of thing is what sandboxes are all about.   While the gliding is a simple example, and may not be your cup of tea, the point is that in sandbox games, the players often make their own gameplay content in the form of all kinds of spontaneous events and adventures.  A good sandbox game gives you and your friends the tools to do all kinds of crazy and cool things, and often the players will do things the developers never even imagined.  

I can't wait to play a good sandbox game again whether it is this one or something else.  Themeparks are so shallow and scripted these days.  Give me the tools to have fun and an open world to adventure in, and I'll be set.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

The gliding vid was quite enjoyable - I love the random boat action going on in the middle of tha race.  I, too, am looking forward to AA.  I won't preemptively call it the saviour of MMOdom, but my fingers are crossed that it'll turn out to be a game I enjoy the hell out of.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

I'm trying to think if there is a cost i wouldn't pay to play this..

..After about 30 seconds of thinking, i realised, within reason, there isn't.

I would pay £300 ($480).

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

That was some pretty water adventure'ing.

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105

I hope this is everything the videos have shown looks like the making of a VERY good MMO..

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Aw :( See now that was pretty. I think small things like that are what help a game feel more open to people. See a cliff? You should be able to jump. How often do invisible walls prevent you from jumping off a ledge, even on just a few inches off the ground? Far too often in MMO these days. 

"But people will fall and die!" Social Darwinism is okay. Let it do its job.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Originally posted by Hairysun

Western developers should feel embarrassed by the level of detail and effort that is going into this game.  Seems to be the first of the so-called "Sand Park" or "Theme Box" games.  Hopefully it will take off and some western developers will finally open their eyes.

~Hairysun

I'm more looking forward to Archeage than GW2. From what I have seen so far I will gladly give them my cash. Best part is I can still play GW2 because of the no subscription model.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by MindTrigger

For those who are watching the gliding videos, I would like to point out that this kind of thing is what sandboxes are all about.   While the gliding is a simple example, and may not be your cup of tea, the point is that in sandbox games, the players often make their own gameplay content in the form of all kinds of spontaneous events and adventures.  A good sandbox game gives you and your friends the tools to do all kinds of crazy and cool things, and often the players will do things the developers never even imagined.  

I can't wait to play a good sandbox game again whether it is this one or something else.  Themeparks are so shallow and scripted these days.  Give me the tools to have fun and an open world to adventure in, and I'll be set.

Yep, it's been years since I've played an MMO that allows this type of thing. I'm not going to down themeparks because IMO they do serve their own purpose, and that purpose is guided experiences for those who want that. There are a lot of gamers who prefer that in a game, and see no purpose being served in additions like this. They don't want to create their own fun.  I understand that, I just think they're cutting themselves short by having such a preference.

A game like this will foster a real community experience, real friendships will be formed. That will happen because of additions like this. It's simple really, offer players a world and tools then let them make what they will of it, best game concept IMO.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Gotta say the game looks awesome..

Here's hoping its a hit! we need a good,new,fresh sandbox MMO in the ranks.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Well I know what race i'm gonna be cat people are awesome.   So far from all the videos I like everything about them, I'm trying not to get hyped but its kinda hard when this game looks so cool.   Free Trees lets cut, too funny, I agree. 

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

haha that guy defending his orchard,that was funny...

that board he road in on was awesome looking

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Thats pretty cool.

Games don't flop because they  look a bit anime, the myth Westerners don't like the look of Asian games is just a myth that people like you parrot to make yourselves sound smart.

Blade & Soul is much more anime than AA and it's one of the most anticipated games.

I refuse to play games that have a strong anime look. such as final fantasy. Im a westerner. Im sure there are more people who feel like i do.

that beign said, I dont think AA falls into that anime style. atleast not very strongly. I'll be playing it for sure

• zolfozolfo Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Sebali

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Thats pretty cool.

I refuse to play games that have a strong anime look. such as final fantasy. Im a westerner. Im sure there are more people who feel like i do.

that beign said, I dont think AA falls into that anime style. atleast not very strongly. I'll be playing it for sure

shhhh its ok... its anime. anime boobs are the best