Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The replayability on this game is quite awful.

Comments

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

The problem I see here:

DAILIES ANYONE?

DAILIES ANYONE?

BUELLER?  BUELLER?

Dailies are not replayability.  They are an indication of a lack of content.

People mentioned WOW having several ways of levleing due to the sheer amount of content.  I'll mention POTBS.  Again, a game full of incompetence, but they at least gave you replayability.

You could level entirely on the open sea fighting fleets.  (Provided you had a group and learned how to attack intelligently.)  You could go through the quest hubs.  And the sheer amount of quests was insane.  While up until about level 35 it was a pretty linear path, the final 15 levels had 3 different quest paths to get to 50.  And then if you did all the quests in the game, you were playing for 18 months plus.  And (at least in the first year of the game) you could level through pvp.  You might get ganked a bit, but if you knew how to do the rageboard, you could kill a lot of stupid players.

In this game, there is "one" path to level.  Doing something over and over again is not a path, it is a grind.  Now you may like grinding, and God bless ya.  Yet that isn't "replayability."

So going forward, they really need to add a lot more content for those leveling up.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by DJJazzy

So you repeat quests and that makes it different than all of the other mmos how?

In other MMO's, taking Lord of the Rings Online as an example, you can do quests in various places based on what level you are. Like, I could quest in the Lone Lands, but if I got bored there then I could take a horse ride over to the North Downs and do a few quests there instead, or if that got boring I could go to Forochel or Evendim, depending on level.

In TOR you're stuck on one road, there's no roaming from planet to planet or zone to zone, it's a straight path from A to Z when questing. Add that to the fact that the zones are so boring with their lifeless and empty designs, it just breeds boredom from the start. Having to go through it all again in exactly the same way just isn't fun.

You can say you can do Flashpoints and PvP, but what if you want to just quest solo? What if you don't like PvP? What if there's no people around for Flashpoints?

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by smh_alot

Rift also had a world merely the size of Outland, even smaller than half of Kalimdor and EK and barely larger than a LotrO region. Personally I thought the rifts were fun the first couple of times but became less fun very quickly and the quests were as boring as they could get. If you talk replayability, sorry, but Rift has even less of that than what you claim TOR has. But, to each their own I guess.

agree Rift is pretty small but at least all the zones are connected and nothing aside from dungeons and warzones is instanced or phased and Rift has more quest in the higher zones also..

It doesn't really matter if the quests are plain and boring and if it means that when you're leveling an alt, you're doing all the exact same quests as well. Sure, in MMO's like LotrO, AoC and SWTOR you're prone to do a lot of the same quests as well, certainly when AoC and LotrO were less than a year out yet, but from all the MMO's Rift was the one that I found had the least replayability of all the MMO's I played, when it came to quest leveling. I'm not saying that people shouldn't enjoy their time in Rift, but when we're talking about replayability, sorry, that claim is just ridiculous imo. Even Aion and LotrO have more, and certainly these days.
  • sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Rift also had a world merely the size of Outland, even smaller than half of Kalimdor and EK and barely larger than a LotrO region. Personally I thought the rifts were fun the first couple of times but became less fun very quickly and the quests were as boring as they could get. If you talk replayability, sorry, but Rift has even less of that than what you claim TOR has. But, to each their own I guess.

agree Rift is pretty small but at least all the zones are connected and nothing aside from dungeons and warzones is instanced or phased and Rift has more quest in the higher zones also..

It doesn't really matter if the quests are plain and boring and if it means that when you're leveling an alt, you're doing all the exact same quests as well. Sure, in MMO's like LotrO, AoC and SWTOR you're prone to do a lot of the same quests as well, certainly when AoC and LotrO were less than a year out yet, but from all the MMO's Rift was the one that I found had the least replayability of all the MMO's I played, when it came to quest leveling. I'm not saying that people shouldn't enjoy their time in Rift, but when we're talking about replayability, sorry, that claim is just ridiculous imo. Even Aion and LotrO have more, and certainly these days.

big difference in rift is class diversity.. in rift I could literally have a differn't play style every 10 levels depending on how I set my souls up.. this alone broke up a lot of the monotimy of repeated quests.. for me gameplay>all if I'm enjoying combat I tend to pay less attention to the other things.. in swtor you are stuck into a single class single role same abilities.. Yes you can respec but choices are so limited you basically are still using all the same abilities. In rift I could juggle my souls around and have an entire new set of abilities to play with. This added so much to the game and is the main reason I stayed on that game for as long as I did.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976

big difference in rift is class diversity.. in rift I could literally have a differn't play style every 10 levels depending on how I set my souls up.. this alone broke up a lot of the monotimy of repeated quests.. for me gameplay>all if I'm enjoying combat I tend to pay less attention to the other things.. in swtor you are stuck into a single class single role same abilities.. Yes you can respec but choices are so limited you basically are still using all the same abilities. In rift I could juggle my souls around and have an entire new set of abilities to play with. This added so much to the game and is the main reason I stayed on that game for as long as I did.

Hey dude, like I said, if it works for you in Rift, good for you. For other people, it doesn't work for them in Rift and they consider replayability in it a joke. Same for TOR, some'll claim that it has no replayability for them while for others it does. The fun you're having in Rift with souls, the same way others are having their fun with different classes and class stories and quest choices in TOR. For me, the different souls didn't do a thing to improve replayability in Rift when the quest based leveling was 100% the same and just bland (to me), but on the other hand I had a great time in AoC leveling a different character with a different playstyle and Destiny Quests, even if the quests I did were the same.

So, it's good that we have various games that give gamers with different preferences and opinions about replayability what they're looking for, I guess :-)
  • SonictempalSonictempal Member Posts: 55

LOL!!

Hey dude, like I said, if it works for you in Rift, good for you. For other people, it doesn't work for them in Rift and they consider replayability in it a joke. Same for TOR, some'll claim that it has no replayability for them while for others it does. The fun you're having in Rift with souls, the same way others are having their fun with different classes and class stories and quest choices in TOR. For me, the different souls didn't do a thing to improve replayability in Rift when the quest based leveling was 100% the same and just bland (to me), but on the other hand I had a great time in AoC leveling a different character with a different playstyle and Destiny Quests, even if the quests I did were the same.

So, it's good that we have various games that give gamers with different preferences and opinions about replayability what they're looking for, I guess :-)

and looking at the upcomming MMOs a lot are trying to blend both these styles and a whole lot more.. which is another reason I don't see a bright future ahead for TOR

• SonictempalSonictempal Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Matt_UK

differn't strokes I guess but I found myself so uninterested in balmorra I actually couldn't even get past the planet on my sith sorc

It's even worse when you end up going back with a Rep character 11 levels later. I felt like cutting my throat... lol.

LOL...

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Sonictempal

Originally posted by Matt_UK

differn't strokes I guess but I found myself so uninterested in balmorra I actually couldn't even get past the planet on my sith sorc

It's even worse when you end up going back with a Rep character 11 levels later. I felt like cutting my throat... lol.

LOL...

...lmao

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• DracillDracill Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Ummm... some people feel that the game is bland...other people feel thaw game is good.

There is anything that makes one of the groups feelings more important than the other?

This remember me that some people think that their beliefs are better than those of others.

Originally posted by Dracill

Ummm... some people feel that the game is bland...other people feel thaw game is good.

There is anything that makes one of the groups feelings more important than the other?

This remember me that some people think that their beliefs are better than those of others.

give it a couple months we'll see which sides thoughts over this game were stronger...i know where i'd put my money... everyone has their own opinion doesn't mean their opinion is shared by the majority whatever that opinion may be

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Re-running content on an alt can still be enjoyable if the classes themselves play differently enough from one another to let you experience the same environments in a totally different way.   I can imagine having a second go through being particularly onerous if there's little to set it apart from the first. 

Maybe if the gameplay was a little more inspired, seeing the same areas again wouldn't be so monotonous.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

give it a couple months we'll see which sides thoughts over this game were stronger...i know where i'd put my money... everyone has their own opinion doesn't mean their opinion is shared by the majority whatever that opinion may be

Why does it matter who is in the majority? That's the question of the day for me.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Why does it matter? What is the end game of all this? I told you so? Do you feel like you won if TOR loses subs? What about all the people that are just playing the game or all the people that unsubbed and moved on without a word? Why does it always have to be a line drawn with this "us v them" attitude? I mean ffs we are a minority within a subgenre as it is. Why do we have to further segregate an already tiny community on these forums?

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Why does it matter? What is the end game of all this? I told you so? Do you feel like you won if TOR loses subs? What about all the people that are just playing the game or all the people that unsubbed and moved on without a word? Why does it always have to be a line drawn with this "us v them" attitude? I mean ffs we are a minority within a subgenre as it is. Why do we have to further segregate an already tiny community on these forums?

Yea I must agree you went a bit over board Sano.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Originally posted by Distopia

Why does it matter who is in the majority? That's the question of the day for me.

because obviously for a game like this if people feel its the greatest MMO ever and for whatever reason majority agree then the game will go on to be an huge success for many years if the people who feel this game is epic failure and those end up being the majority the game will go on to be another failed MMO in the grand scheme of things

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

Quite right, no one should complain about anything. I for one look forward to more poorly conceived games with complete design input from the stock holders and producers. Who are we to tell them how to make the products we purchase?

Originally posted by RizelStar

I usually don't have this us vs them mentallity.. look at my history and I try to have debates about issues I find with the game.. wasn't trying to make it seem like i'm promoting a us vs them type thing in these forums even if sometimes it sounds that way.. i just like people openly expressing their opinions and trying to get constructive feedback about the topics both good and bad..

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by rounner

Quite right, no one should complain about anything. I for one look forward to more poorly conceived games with complete design input from the stock holders and producers. Who are we to tell them how to make the products we purchase?

That's what you got from that?

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

Originally posted by RizelStar

I usually don't have this us vs them mentallity.. look at my history and I try to have debates about issues I find with the game.. wasn't try to make it seem like i'm promoting a us vs them type thing on these forums even if sometimes it sounds that way.. i just like people openly expressing their opinions and trying to get constructive feedback about the topics both good and bad..

Yea you know I've seen most your posts, I think it might be best to word things differently or take a break. The more you stress the issues the more it seems you take a different direction in word choice, to were it's a "fair" view to a "unfair" view or true nasty PVP from [you].

Some issues are obviousely known and apparent, I.E the OP, so I can see it being fustrating when someone says it's entirely untrue.

As well as stuff like this being accepted, but I don't think we'll see MMOs have same quest design like these at least the next two AAA MMOs aren't like this so, I SWTOR can and might be the last MMO with this Quest design regardless if it's successful or not.

Time will tell.

• DracillDracill Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I like SWTOR and I like RPGs. I Support the genre because I want to get more than 1-2 RPG a year. I will buy Kingdom of Amalur next week and ME3 in two months.

I hate completely FPS games but I don't downvote games that I don't like. Because contrary to most people here I remember a time where only a few games of any genre where available.

The market of games growth and I hope it keeps growing for that I support games. I buy games that I like and don't buy games I don't like but I will never try to ridicule other players tastes.

If you stop a second and think, it is still us against a world that think players are immature and irresponsible. Why you need to divide players in gangs?

Originally posted by TheeazD

Originally posted by DJJazzy

So you repeat quests and that makes it different than all of the other mmos how?

the fact that they designed the planets to be so linear so phased so uninspired you have no desire to actually go through them multiple times/

Right because all other MMO content is so insprired?

I have never ever played a AAA mmo that had this much of a bland planet design or had such heavily phased linear zones. It does'nt take much to make it show the dev's put some work into the zones and I don't get the feeling in this game at all

Dude you are all over almost every SWTOR thread whining and complaining.  Give it a rest, we get you don't like the game.

i been followed like 3 or 4 threads last couple days I hardly say thats all over also where am I whining? complaining yes.. giving reason why yes.. if you don't like what I have to say just don;t read my posts

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

because obviously for a game like this if people feel its the greatest MMO ever and for whatever reason majority agree then the game will go on to be an huge success for many years if the people who feel this game is epic failure and those end up being the majority the game will go on to be another failed MMO in the grand scheme of things

Is it all that important to the discussion whether TOR becomes a success or a failure? To me it's not, my opinion wouldn't change either way, I'm sure that's the case for most people.

As Glover said, what's the end goal of such a topic? An I told you so? I don't get posters who have that agenda, it's rather juvenile IMO. Reminds me too much of all that "tag" bs we see around here.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

haters gonna hate who cares, not Bioware not me, the game as flaws will be adressed, if you dont like it leave, if you like it, play it like i do and i'm sure that by the time GW2 is out SWTOR will be much more solid with way more content and with less bugs, oh and rated WZ's awsome. Thanks ArenaNet for taking your time to release the game, if it had gonne live till March or so, it would have been bad for SWTOR.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Is it all that important to the discussion whether TOR becomes a success or a failure? To me it's not, my opinion wouldn't change either way, I'm sure that's the case for most people.

As Glover said, what's the end goal of such a topic? An I told you so? I don't get posters who have that agenda, it's rather juvenile IMO. Reminds me too much of all that "tag" bs we see around here.

Considering the fact that these forums are largely used for forum PVP and that SWTOR is the biggest release in the genre in many years, it's likely to be a futile effort in trying to dissect the reasons why people feel the need for the "'told ya so's".

A lot of people posting really do have the intention of pissing others off, and the rest are probably in the boat of looking to talk about a huge title that recently launched on a website dedicated to the particular genre it falls into.

Welcome to internet forums ;) 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb