Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I felt disappointment

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

When my Republic Trooper was betrayed by his Havoc squad teammates and I wasn't permitted to kill them outright and watched them slipped through my grasp.   image

Seriously, hasn't been since the ending of the new water zone in Cataclysm that I felt genuine dissapointment as part of the storyline as I was so drawn in by it.

I just started playing SWTOR on Friday, had never tried it in beta so everything is totally new to me.  It's been an interesting experience so far, I definitely feel the "on rails" nature of my journey, but I suspect some of that is because I'm basically in the tutorial part of this game so expect to be guided.  (rather nice how it doesn't really feel like a tutorial)

Overall, I've had some fun this weekend, was pretty cool to turn Commando and get this swell new ability called morter strike, very helpful against those pesky groups of npc's that love to stand so close to each other.

Haven't decided which way I'm going to spec, Heal, Gunnery or Assautl, guess I need to figure out what might be most useful or entertaining.

Oh yeah, to my former Havoc teammates....no power in the universe can protect you from me hunting you down and killing you where you stand.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Kyleran

When my Republic Trooper was betrayed by his Havoc squad teammates and I wasn't permitted to kill them outright and watched them slipped through my grasp.   image

Seriously, hasn't been since the ending of the new water zone in Cataclysm that I felt genuine dissapointment as part of the storyline as I was so drawn in by it.

I just started playing SWTOR on Friday, had never tried it in beta so everything is totally new to me.  It's been an interesting experience so far, I definitely feel the "on rails" nature of my journey, but I suspect some of that is because I'm basically in the tutorial part of this game so expect to be guided.  (rather nice how it doesn't really feel like a tutorial)

Overall, I've had some fun this weekend, was pretty cool to turn Commando and get this swell new ability called morter strike, very helpful against those pesky groups of npc's that love to stand so close to each other.

Haven't decided which way I'm going to spec, Heal, Gunnery or Assautl, guess I need to figure out what might be most useful or entertaining.

Oh yeah, to my former Havoc teammates....no power in the universe can protect you from me hunting you down and killing you where you stand.  image

They seem to be versatile with each build, be it DPS or healing as well as protection. Good class choice if you like to be the backbone of a group.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Another thought raised by your post: few video game stories have had me laughing as much as the smuggler's, it reminds me a lot of firefly in a weird way, almost as if they based the Male smuggler on Malcom Reynolds his attitude and demeanor is very similar to what you see in the smuggler storylines.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

The start of the story is great, but it end to predictable at end of act 1. Other acts are not that great.

The most crap part was when they send the 4 deadliest elites soldiers of the empire after you, 4 mobs that you kill in 30 sek....