Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 minutes till the eu event

Comments

• ArukenAruken Member Posts: 11

[quote]The cancellation was not due to load problems caused by the large number of potential players. Player numbers would have given us a look into possible issues within the scope of a stress test. Due to unforeseen reasons, problems arose already during the entry into the game world.[/quote]

either bluehole did not explained frogster how to host the game, or they are just lying and absoluetly did not had the hardware needed. I'll go for the 2nd choice.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Aruken

[quote]The cancellation was not due to load problems caused by the large number of potential players. Player numbers would have given us a look into possible issues within the scope of a stress test. Due to unforeseen reasons, problems arose already during the entry into the game world.[/quote]

either bluehole did not explained frogster how to host the game, or they are just lying and absoluetly did not had the hardware needed. I'll go for the 2nd choice.

I'm going with that too. They were unprepared hardware wise and had no backup plan.

• 32style32style Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by NBlitz

I'm going with that too. They were unprepared hardware wise and had no backup plan.

And they blantly lied about giving us any update at all. Simply to let those two days pass, so they can lie once again, and finally put their broken forums up so people can get their 2 days flustration off.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Or they had to change the infrastructure since there are changes made to the game that are not in K-TERA, from what I have seen posted around it seems EME developed a new DB system to accomodate for the western changes so it might be well I dunno this is the first time they are actually running it with a large number o people.

Not only that but no company will ever give you technical details about what is exactly wrong, they gave you the general problem and that is what any CM would be given to post out to the community or should they call you specifically to go and fix it ?

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

If they said something sooner then most of this thread might not have happened and for that I'm grateful.

Unexpected highlight of this weekend image

Here's hoping we can all play together soon and revive it!

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by 32style

And they blantly lied about giving us any update at all. Simply to let those two days pass, so they can lie once again, and finally put their broken forums up so people can get their 2 days flustration off.

Unforseen error :

IT guy forgot the password :P

• 32style32style Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by zakiyawow

Unforseen error :

IT guy forgot the password :P

That's soo German.

And they make us belive Fascism is gone.

Riiiiight.

PS. I'm not being Racist. :d Just , a situation joke. :D

That's soo German.

And they make us belive Fascism is gone.

Riiiiight.

PS. I'm not being Racist. :d Just , a situation joke. :D

In light of the situation, all we can do is poking fun and joking around LOL

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Well I'm hoping they will reschedule the event midweek but I guess it makes sense for them to do it next weekend even though I'll be playing on the U.S servers SCREW frogster

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Well I'm hoping they will reschedule the event midweek but I guess it makes sense for them to do it next weekend even though I'll be playing on the U.S servers SCREW frogster

I would totally test the ping to US server and play the En Masse version if its not too bad.

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Any idea if pre-ordering the EU version will allow you to play on the US?

Originally posted by bronecar

Any idea if pre-ordering the EU version will allow you to play on the US?

They are not the same company, so no.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I am half convinced that Frogster wish to deliberately drive TERA into the ground so that BH will abandon it to f2p, so that Frogster can gut it, and make the money the way they are used to with a cash shop.

With this company you either have to contend with incompetence or malice. But I fear BH will want a f2p conversion themselves, seeing as they chose Frogster in the first place, though they could have just despairingly gone with the lowest bidder, well, this is what you get.

This is what we DON'T want to happen with ArcheAge if it gets a publisher here.

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Which semi good publisher is there out to host ArcheAge or take the risk. I don´t wanna see shit like gameforge,frogster,ijji or other crappy f2p morpg publishers associated with  ArcheAge

Originally posted by Otomox

Which semi good publisher is there out to host ArcheAge or take the risk. I don´t wanna see shit like gameforge,frogster,ijji or other crappy f2p morpg publishers associated with  ArcheAge

Can you think of any from EU though ...

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I know they're not MMORPGs publisher and that they tend to be criticized, but would Codemasters/Ubisoft be able to publish TERA?

At least they're big companies with lots of funding.

Originally posted by Alot

I know they're not MMORPG publisher and tend to be criticized, but would Codemasters/Ubisoft be able to publish TERA?

I know codemasters was running LOTRO before. I don't know why they dropped LOTRO though.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I know they're not MMORPG publisher and tend to be criticized, but would Codemasters/Ubisoft be able to publish TERA?

Ubisoft seems possible. They're already handling the physical distribution of EU-TERA.

Originally posted by NBlitz

Ubisoft seems possible. They're already handling the physical distribution of EU-TERA.

Maybe EU players should send in emails and show interest then. They might think about it since they might acutally see the profit.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

I know codemasters was running LOTRO before. I don't know why they dropped LOTRO though.

Turbine / WB wanted Lotro back under their wings ,so they don't have to share profits with Codemasters anymore.

Yeah CM were quite good at hosting it. Also quite fast & helpful GMs in game.

Code Masters aren't that bad, I used to despise them while playing Archlord because of the lack of updates but eventually they did admit they were tied at the hands by NHN in Korea.

• bullrothbullroth Member UncommonPosts: 2

codemaster also ran the moneygrind archlord well imo...unlike webzen who turned it into more moneygrind

Originally posted by bullroth

codemaster also ran the moneygrind archlord well imo...unlike webzen who turned it into more moneygrind

Bullroth from Genesis?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I know they're not MMORPGs publisher and that they tend to be criticized, but would Codemasters/Ubisoft be able to publish TERA?

Have to say, so far, Game Forge are doing a great job with Aion and it's beta.

They have great visible and pleasent CS and GMs, invited folk in waves to gradually build up numbers, allowed the client to be DLed well ahead of time, and have enforced language rules and decent behaviour in global for the beta.

And they are a Frogster owned company.

Maybe the wrong department got hold of Tera.