Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim spiders to much for me

2»

Comments

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Originally posted by marinrider

The OP got his answer, now its just people saying his fear is stupid. This thread needs to be locked.

All fears are stupid because they are created in your own mind and not in reality. The more you avoid them the more power they have over you. Its your own mind tricking you.

This really is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen on mmorpg.com..

Sadly, that's saying quite a lot, with the rampant ignorance running around here...

Yeah, I found this one particularly insulting though. 

Whether or not it is insulting, nothing he said is wrong.  Your brain is overreacting (extreme) to an external stimuli (in this case fake) and causing you to physically lockup.

Your brain is unwittingly playing a trick of the worst kind on you.  You aren't suggesting that pixels that look like spiders have some kind of physical manifestation on you?

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

There may be mods that remove or alter them. Also I believe the creation kit is coming soon, so could possibly make a mod yourself to deal with it.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Play on easy settings and slowly try kill spiders first without headphones maybe you get over it if you realy try?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

I have to say, the spiders in Skyrim are pretty realistic.  Sometimes they even creep me out, and I am the kind of guy who has a spider tattoo.  What?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

My wife has a phobiaof the cinnamon roll container popping open. I have to do it for her everytime, and I scream when it pops just to mess with her.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62

Please cut the baiting and refrain from insulting other people.  If you have better suggestions for the OP please respond without insulting.

Thanks.

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

just get over it.

-I am here to perform logic

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

What happened to that awesome no spiders mod that was posted?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• TNgalTNgal Member Posts: 19

To the OP:

I do understand. Doesn't matter that it is fake and on a computer, still hate spiders myself and they are repulsive even on a computer. We live where we battle brown recluse spiders, they are a living nightmare! Frankly, I don't think any fear of spiders should be classified as a phobia, since they really CAN cause severe harm. I think it's common sense! lol! Glad someone shared some good info with you on removing them from the game, wish we could do it in other games, too. Good luck!

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by kareem12345

hey guys im really scared of spiders in real life i have aracnophbia and its really hurting my exprerince in the game anyone know anyway i can delete that specific model from the game?

If you can change it and still want something scary, substitute this for the spiders

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Seeing as the OP got their solution and the resulting conversation has been insensitive to say the least, I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up.

Let's try and be more supportive of our fellow gamers in the future. If you don't have something constructive to add, please don't post. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.