Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why oh why?

2»

Comments

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by SlyLoK

Originally posted by Otomox

Vindictous better looking then C9? Thats not what i remember from the korean Version. 

For me that sounds some biased vindictous fanboy or paid idiot is trying to trash talk c9.

I get the same feeling.

I have not played the game but Spunkify mentioned that C9s graphics were on par or maybe slightly better than that of Vindictus.

And from other videos I have seen of C9 the combat is just far more interesting than anything Vindictus ever offered.

you can see on C9s forums people complaining graphics don't look like what they see in videos on youtube.. i'm going ot play around more tomorow see if I can get it worked out.. but if I can't get rid of this texture pop-in thing the game is unplayable for me.. well see

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

Originally posted by sanosukex

Vindictous better looking then C9? Thats not what i remember from the korean Version. 

For me that sounds some biased vindictous fanboy or paid idiot is trying to trash talk c9.

I get the same feeling.

I have not played the game but Spunkify mentioned that C9s graphics were on par or maybe slightly better than that of Vindictus.

And from other videos I have seen of C9 the combat is just far more interesting than anything Vindictus ever offered.

you can see on C9s forums people complaining graphics don't look like what they see in videos on youtube.. i'm going ot play around more tomorow see if I can get it worked out.. but if I can't get rid of this texture pop-in thing the game is unplayable for me.. well see

If it works can you please post how to fix it?

pie.

Originally posted by mudd4ever

I get the same feeling.

If it works can you please post how to fix it?

sure will:)

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Remember that you must restart the client to see the changes in the gfx or at least do them in a city otherwise most of them simply wont apply till next season or your char hit a city, by default there is no shadows, dof, etc... and the view distance and pop up are bad as hell.

Anyway, you know that this game is even older than Mabinogi Heroes (aka Vindictus) ? So the gfx are slightly better than Vindictus imo, but dont expect a big jump on that department, the combat system is much more deep than Vindictus one, but you must play a few levels at least to get some skills and see how they merge together.

Just play till level 15 or so, that will be a pair of hours more or less, then you will have a more accurate idea of the game and you will be able to decide if the gameplay fits your needs.

Originally posted by judex99

Remember that you must restart the client to see the changes in the gfx or at least do them in a city otherwise most of them simply wont apply till next season or your char hit a city, by default there is no shadows, dof, etc... and the view distance and pop up are bad as hell.

Anyway, you know that this game is even older than Mabinogi Heroes (aka Vindictus) ? So the gfx are slightly better than Vindictus imo, but dont expect a big jump on that department, the combat system is much more deep than Vindictus one, but you must play a few levels at least to get some skills and see how they merge together.

Just play till level 15 or so, that will be a pair of hours more or less, then you will have a more accurate idea of the game and you will be able to decide if the gameplay fits your needs.

ill try again today but if there really is no way to extend the pop-in i can't even play the game the pop-in distance is litteraly a couple feet in front of your face for some objects and the terrain keeps changing almost every step you take

gave it another chance.. was able to turn AA on with a cfg file change but its very low AA like 2x so isn't very good.. game is just not very good in any shape or form... i only compare it to vindictus because its such a similar game. They have some serious render/draw distance issues where parts of the ground and trees render differntly depending on how close you are sort of like how some games use high quality close up and low quality far away but in this case it does this within a few steps in front of your face. Combat got little better after level 5 but it's nothing great and doesn't overshadow in awayway the other shortfalls of this game which would be just about everything else about it... anyway when its released f2p yuo can make your own opinions but it's not anything ill be playing.

• Sogi-YaSogi-Ya Member Posts: 53

This game was released (in Korea) before Vindictus, it's probably one of the first action MMOs, Webzen is late on getting this localized because right about when this game came out in Korea they (webzen) had a big shake up of starting their own western game portal and taking their games back from several western localizers that were handling things poorly (Codemasters and Ijji).

as well as one of their major partners in Korea (NHN) screwed the pooch and got themselves in financial trouble.

yeah Vindictus has got the better engine, but you notice that this game has got none of Vindictus's lag? no it's not got perfect visual effects, but look past that as see what it's doing with those visuals. make no mistake this game is the original, Vindictus is the blatant copy; don't be fooled by Webzen being a small name in the west + Vindictus getting more hype and a faster western localization.

keep in mind that Vindictus has got WAY less content to deal with when it comes to translations from Korean + bug fixes, shit the game shipped with only two of the 5 classes completed ... that should give you an idea of how half ass it was kicked out the door.

and yes you do need to spend a bit more time with the game, develop your characters skills, get to about level 10-ish and then make a run on the Imp forest set to "master" difficulty. then you will really see what the game is capable of as you wade through actual swarms of minions, I got multiple 80+ hit combos and one 104 hitter. past that point the game stops giving you freebies and you gotta get into the crafting, even then the game makes you earn your keep as you get only 1 crafting profession you can pick up as a sub class and the in game materials dealer charges so much they may as well have a sign on his saying "my only purpose is to put a cap on market inflation".

stop crying and give the game an honest swing, gaurenteed you will stop counting pixels on your bow string about half way through the second dungeon ...

Originally posted by Sogi-Ya

This game was released (in Korea) before Vindictus, it's probably one of the first action MMOs, Webzen is late on getting this localized because right about when this game came out in Korea they (webzen) had a big shake up of starting their own western game portal and taking their games back from several western localizers that were handling things poorly (Codemasters and Ijji).

as well as one of their major partners in Korea (NHN) screwed the pooch and got themselves in financial trouble.

yeah Vindictus has got the better engine, but you notice that this game has got none of Vindictus's lag? no it's not got perfect visual effects, but look past that as see what it's doing with those visuals. make no mistake this game is the original, Vindictus is the blatant copy; don't be fooled by Webzen being a small name in the west + Vindictus getting more hype and a faster western localization.

keep in mind that Vindictus has got WAY less content to deal with when it comes to translations from Korean + bug fixes, shit the game shipped with only two of the 5 classes completed ... that should give you an idea of how half ass it was kicked out the door.

and yes you do need to spend a bit more time with the game, develop your characters skills, get to about level 10-ish and then make a run on the Imp forest set to "master" difficulty. then you will really see what the game is capable of as you wade through actual swarms of minions, I got multiple 80+ hit combos and one 104 hitter. past that point the game stops giving you freebies and you gotta get into the crafting, even then the game makes you earn your keep as you get only 1 crafting profession you can pick up as a sub class and the in game materials dealer charges so much they may as well have a sign on his saying "my only purpose is to put a cap on market inflation".

stop crying and give the game an honest swing, gaurenteed you will stop counting pixels on your bow string about half way through the second dungeon ...

gave it an honest swing... got to level 15.. game is just not very good.. suppose if i played it 10 years ago I might change my tune but it's just not worth playing now to me.  Got Tera beta comming this weekend to get to try out more action mmo combat then there's Kingdom of Amalur thats taking most my time not not to mention Finla Fantasy X13-2.. just no point in playing this one with all the other good games out there

• kalp01kalp01 Member Posts: 9

It looks to me, you only seem to care, if game is a eye candy or not.

Well you don't deserve a test account for any games and write a comment about them.

It's really ridiculous to see flaming a game based on a graphics.

You comments have full of texts and most of them is about the graphics and yet you say the game is not good.

At least point out what you didn't like before saying, it's not good, it's not worth playing etc.

If you write more comments about any games in future, graphic part is all I'm gonna trust from your words.

Actually I cannot trust your words about the graphic part also.

• kalp01kalp01 Member Posts: 9

gave it an honest swing... got to level 15.. game is just not very good.. suppose if i played it 10 years ago I might change my tune but it's just not worth playing now to me.  Got Tera beta comming this weekend to get to try out more action mmo combat then there's Kingdom of Amalur thats taking most my time not not to mention Finla Fantasy X13-2.. just no point in playing this one with all the other good games out there

Just wanted to add in his writting style,

"Just No Point in reading this guy's review with all the other good Reviews about C9 out there."

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Question. Have you ever taken part in a beta test where you actually did some testing? You know, look for problems and provide feedback? Or do you just play them so that you can rave or rage about them in forums?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by kalp01

Well, in fact he is wrong on that also, C9 is eye candy, from the MMO's i have played is there on top in the gfx dept., only TEra i put it over and maybe FFXVI but thats a fiasco as a game.

Some examples:

Originally posted by judex99

Originally posted by kalp01

Well, in fact he is wrong on that also, C9 is eye candy, from the MMO's i have played is there on top in the gfx dept., only TEra i put it over and maybe FFXVI but thats a fiasco as a game.

Some examples:

please show me video of these awsome graphics because its not hard to make a single SS from a game look good.. ingame to me looks pretty bad and the pop-ins are incredibly bad.. either way graphics aside I found combat in vindictous more fuild and worked well with my 360 controller. Sorry didn't think having a opinion on this game was againts the forums TOS ill refrain from posting anything else on this game unless its 100% positive.

oh and TERA is eyecandy this game is not eyecandy

Originally posted by eyelolled

Question. Have you ever taken part in a beta test where you actually did some testing? You know, look for problems and provide feedback? Or do you just play them so that you can rave or rage about them in forums?

sure have been doing this since before EQ1 since around gemstone 3/ dragonrealms time.. and in these years I can tell if it's a quality game to me within the first 10 levels.. but thanks ill remember to post my 10 page manifest on the problems I found next time.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

sure have been doing this since before EQ1 since around gemstone 3/ dragonrealms time.. and in these years I can tell if it's a quality game to me within the first 10 levels.. but thanks ill remember to post my 10 page manifest on the problems I found next time.

not looking for a manifest, but understand my disappointment in hearing a beta tester voicing their displeasure in a game instead of trying to help it become better.  It's not like you're the only one, and it's not like the beta tests are little more then pre-release trials anymore. I still don't like it, especially when I would love to be beta testing the game.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

not looking for a manifest, but understand my disappointment in hearing a beta tester voicing their displeasure in a game instead of trying to help it become better.  It's not like you're the only one, and it's not like the beta tests are little more then pre-release trials anymore. I still don't like it, especially when I would love to be beta testing the game.

i see what your saying but to me there's so many games out there and if I feel the game isn't worth my time I'm not going to sit and continue to play just to try and give some constructive feedback.. i'm currently playing the TERA beta also and while the game feels like lineage 3 or a mix of perfect world and AION it's still way better than what i experienced in C9 although yes C9 is f2p... even still I wouldn't have very high hopes for the future of this one...

funny, you seem to have plenty of time for this game when it comes to bickering and pumping one of it's rivals ...

funny, you seem to have plenty of time for this game when it comes to bickering and pumping one of it's rivals ...

because typing a couple sentences takes so much time.. also TERA isn't even a great game imho.. graphics are nice but overall it's pretty average game. All I'm trying to say for me is C9 isn't worth playing for me.. but hey i feel swtor is a pile of crap and tons of people seem to be eating that one up so what do I know...

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

By pop ins every step, did you mean graphics from other zones overlapping into your zone? 

I was having so many empty ground, graphic merging, etc bugs and it didn't matter what resolution I changed to. I have an  AMD 6 processor with 8gigs memory an  AMD 6770 1gig card and it runs games like AOC, Skryim, LOTRO, ME, DA, DA2, etc fine but this game has so many graphical gliches, that I just had to uninstall. Don't feel like testing something that I can't even stand looking at.

hunh?

yes the game has bad draw in, but what are you talking about with gfx from other zones? that makes less than no sense because it's simply not possible.

the problem is that in the process of localization someone fucked up the draw distance, probably to the tune of having them set to the same values. normaly there is at least two draw distance values; one for close range objects and one for long range objects.

(close range has got all the high quality textures and animations / long range has got muddled textures, few animations, and simplified geomotry.)

since the game has got too much overlap on the values at which it starts trying to draw each type of object, it tries to draw them both / gets confused trying to caculate what to draw.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Zone is a bad word I guess, I guess since it's considered as an instanced area, zoning from one spot to another.. What I meant was area... The ground literrally is see through or walls see through and I see critters and terrain that I'm either above, or possibly on the other side of a mountain from.

It's a bit too much for my eyes.

weird, I don't doubt that your getting those problems since the environment drawing is screwed up, all I've been getting is flickering textures and random switching between long and close range draw modes.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

This weekend Tera vs Diabo 3 vs C9. Winner for me C9.

• papayruspapayrus Member Posts: 1

First he says there is so many free to play games that are better and he names one vindictus which is just boring. Then later he starts talking about all pay to play games. I would love to see this long list of better free to play games out there right now.