Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

girls game?

anni24anni24 Member Posts: 2

Do you think the game fits for girls to play?

Kal online

Knight online

Last Chaos

Lord of The Rings Online

Comments

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

There are several girls/women on our server on Lord of the Rings Online. The storyline is the best in any MMO and the community is as well.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by anni24

Kal online

Knight online

Last Chaos

Lord of The Rings Online

what makes a game fit for girls? Perfume vendors? Less killing? Frilly outfits?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

How old those girls are? I'd suggest Wizard 101 for young ones.

But if they're old enough, just about any MMO could fit them. Girls aren't that much different from boys.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

I was amazed at how many girls were playing LOTRO.  At one point I was in a guild of 70 players and half were girls.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by anni24

Kal online

Knight online

Last Chaos

Lord of The Rings Online

LOTRO is probably the best of those games.

LOTRO and EQ2 are probably the most popular western F2P games among ladies.

Last Chaos is a real low budget game, avoid that one. Not sure about knight and KAL since I havn´t tried them and frankly know very little about them, but I can´t say I heard much good about either.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

I'd concur with Lord of the Rings Online.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Vrika

How old those girls are? I'd suggest Wizard 101 for young ones.

But if they're old enough, just about any MMO could fit them. Girls aren't that much different from boys.

Pervy alert!!!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

If younger, Grand Fantasia might be a good fit.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/497

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • olliemasaolliemasa Member Posts: 7

Here try this one www.freemmogirl.com/ Every week or so I try a new game ;) - It's a lot of fun because I try everything. They have like every single MMORPG categorized nicely with reviews, screenshots, videos and more. Heck they even list the game's system requirements ;). Best part is all the games are free, which rocks.

• Legends009Legends009 Member Posts: 4

{mod edit} . I like LOTR movies but  LOTRO hmmmm. The content of the game is too dull. but the graphics is okay.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

Would suggest LoTRO. Good game and great for anyone. I think all games can be for both boys and girls. There are plenty of girls who play shooting games, although they aren't the best but still. Thats  where they have girl playable characters.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

I personally find this distinction a bit antiquated.  Lets look at the "extremes" of the world, for a moment.

Lets look at the United States Marine Corps, probably what is considered one of the more male-oriented institutions of my country.  Roughly one-sixth of the USMC is female, and I would think that within the next twenty years, it wouldn't be a stretch to see that reach 1/4 or 1/5th.  Other branches tend to have an even higher percentage of women (significantly higher in some cases).

Back to gaming, lets look at games which tend to have highly competitive endgames.  Some people think of these games as stereotypical sausage fests.  Looking at the WoW endgame as an example, user demographic data certainly isn't good, but most of the better data we do have points at female play rates of roughly 1/6th at the more hardcore end and much higher on the casual end.

The point of the above examples is that even in the most extreme cases in the modern world, unless there is an explicit or imiplicit policy of female exclusion at the entry point, 1/6th minority gender participation tends to be where things bottom out.  In gaming, in more casual titles which are less-oriented around endgame bravado and chestbeating over gear levels and PvP scores, it's anecdotally much higher.  Certainly not an even split, but I'd say female players may approach 1/3rd in some mainstream titles.

So certainly there are significant numbers of female gamers who will buy into any type of MMORPG.

What is the "best" one for them?  I think that would be the one which they enjoy most.  You might argue that some games do a better job at making girls comfortable than others.  I've certainly seen some blatant misogyny on vent and other forms of communication amongst high-end raid guilds in WoW.  By the same token, though, there are plenty of such guilds run by women.  Really, I think women should identify the games which they enjoy most and play them.  They might have to work a bit harder in some games to find a social circle they're comfortable with, but I think it's an effort worth undertaking.

Not to wax visionary, but this is not only about you.  We now live in a world where I can find people of all ages and genders in games stereotypically associated with 18-25 year-old males.  I can log onto NS now, a FPS with an enormously steep skill curve, and regularly hear women, older men, children, etc on voice chat.  I like that diversity.  It makes gaming feel real, democratic, something for all people to engage in.

If you like a game, and you're worried about other female players not being present in sufficient numbers, try to push the envelope a bit.  It would certainly make it easier for the next girl after you.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Lotro - High female population in this one. I was once in a guid where I was the only male member (Good times)

Kal, Knight, Last Chaos. - Avoid like the plague. If you have already instaled any of these games please use the following saftey protocol.

1- uninstal as quickly as possible.

2 - Wash your computer out with soap and water  (Don't really do this)

3- Drop kick your computer out of the window. (Don't really do this either)

Also worth looking at EQ2 and the other options listed for younger gamers already mentioned in the thread. Guessing you are only looking at free to play options. Have a look at Eden Eternal and most of the games published by Perfect World.