Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim spiders to much for me

hey guys im really scared of spiders in real life i have aracnophbia and its really hurting my exprerince in the game anyone know anyway i can delete that specific model from the game?

Comments

• KazedarkwindKazedarkwind Member Posts: 11

really dont know if links are okay here but

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=28

that will replace all the spiders with other creatures, RAWR lol

• kareem12345kareem12345 Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Kazedarkwind

really dont know if links are okay here but

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=28

that will replace all the spiders with other creatures, RAWR lol

PERFECT!!! thank you !!!!!!

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Maybe you can use skyrim to get over your fear of spiders?

• kareem12345kareem12345 Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by cukimunga

ah i tried but i cant they look to realistic for me and its worst cause i where my headphones when i play and i can hear them really creeps me out

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Yeah heaphones do tend to  accentuate things. Have fun in a  spider free Skyrim.

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

that is excellent find, being arachnophobic myself that certainly helps me out too.. :D

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

I do believe a phobia is an irrational fear.

If it were rational, it wouldn't be an issue.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Being terrified is nothing like having a phobia

I knew a guy who had aracnophobia and he would really freak out when he saw one

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

like an above poster said, a real phobia is an irrational fear... what you have is just crepyness, fear... but not phobia

i have a phobia of falling, and even in videogames, jumping out in a parashute (or without) or crashing a plane or simply jumping of a high cliff in skyrim still gives me that awefull feeling... even if its in a video game or a movie. what makes it worse is that i play on a 55 inch  (hehe. thats what she said... padum tiss)

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by 4bsolute

I laughed so hard when I first heard this - phobias now actually get into games.

One word: xD

Insane!

Is there no one around you guys who tells you the simplest stuff like: "Dude those arent real, dude. And if they were, dude, they are so tiny, dude, they wont do anything, dude. Dude, dude."

It can be really hard to understand how irrational and completely paralyzing a phobia can be if you dont suffer from any yourself. Lets just say you should consider yourself lucky. image

Hell, theres stuff like coulrophobia and agyrophobia, irrational and weird... but very real and possibly even handicapping.

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

There's always a certain suspension of disbelief when it comes to video games, no matter how good or realistic the graphics are, but that doesn't mean they can't invoke the same feelings their RL equivalent would. Ask anyone who's ever been distraught over the death of a video game character. Hell, I don't suffer from any particular fear of heights (aside from the entirely sane fear of hitting the ground at high speed), but I can recall a few times while playing Mirror's Edge where I still had to stop a second and go "whoa". Of course, I consider that the mark of a good game :)

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

The OP got his answer, now its just people saying his fear is stupid. This thread needs to be locked.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Phobias are not the same as normal fear, though. It's akin to telling someone with diagnosed OCD to "stop worrying about it."

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by kareem12345
    hey guys im really scared of spiders in real life i have aracnophbia and its really hurting my exprerince in the game anyone know anyway i can delete that specific model from the game?

ya know spiders are more scared of you then you are of them ;P

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• BigCaliGuruBigCaliGuru Member UncommonPosts: 103

ah i tried but i cant they look to realistic for me and its worst cause i where my headphones when i play and i can hear them really creeps me out

I love spiders. Such enginuity. When I see a spider in my home I am happy. I know that spider in on the hunt for any nasty pest's that might happen to find its way into my domicile. That little guy wich you fear so much is keeping your home free of bugs, flies ect.. 

I propose a new holiday... Give a Spider a Hug Day.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

I always found the spiders in Vanguard to be a bit creepy as a lil halfling or Raki. The spider caves there are awesome! I'm not really particularly bothered by spiders, but after a late night session a long time back I remember getting all itchy and creepy-crawly.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by viddiot007

I love spiders. Such enginuity. When I see a spider in my home I am happy. I know that spider in on the hunt for any nasty pest's that might happen to find its way into my domicile. That little guy wich you fear so much is keeping your home free of bugs, flies ect.. 

I propose a new holiday... Give a Spider a Hug Day.

Until that spider bites your two year-old, who then has to go to the hospital, get the swollen area lanced open with a knife, and then take some precautionary med's that taste like ballsack. True Story. All spiders in skyrim flee from me on sight.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Cyberdeck7Cyberdeck7 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by marinrider

The OP got his answer, now its just people saying his fear is stupid. This thread needs to be locked.

I agree. Glad the OP got their answer before all of the pricks showed up

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Originally posted by Terronte

I do believe a phobia is an irrational fear.

If it were rational, it wouldn't be an issue.

I have to explain this to many people too, some people really don't get it.

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by nerovipus32

All fears are stupid because they are created in your own mind and not in reality. The more you avoid them the more power they have over you. Its your own mind tricking you.

This really is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen on mmorpg.com..

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx

All fears are stupid because they are created in your own mind and not in reality. The more you avoid them the more power they have over you. Its your own mind tricking you.

Sadly, that's saying quite a lot, with the rampant ignorance running around here...

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx

Sadly, that's saying quite a lot, with the rampant ignorance running around here...

Yeah, I found this one particularly insulting though. 

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Wow...I can't believe how many people are making negative comments about the OP's phobia because it's in a video game. Out of all the stupid stuff said on these forums, these comments are by far the stupidest.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by Jimmac

Wow...I can't believe how many people are making negative comments about the OP's phobia because it's in a video game. Out of all the stupid stuff said on these forums, these comments are by far the stupidest.

>Stupidest

I see what you did there.....

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by Toxia

Originally posted by Jimmac

>Stupidest

I see what you did there.....

Thought about going with the -ist. I could still edit it, if you want the maximum carnage of grammer.

This discussion has been closed.