Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Press Beta Event Announced

Comments

• aithieelaithieel Member Posts: 232

Originally posted by Badgered86

Good to hear, but for the love of gaming don't softball the reviews like you did for SWTOR.  We deserve to know the truth, good or bad, about the game.

I agree so mutch!

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by Master10K

Good to hear, but for the love of gaming don't softball the reviews like you did for SWTOR.  We deserve to know the truth, good or bad, about the game.

I agree with you here.  Though I may be an avid supporter of GW2 what the devs are trying to achieve. If something doesn't feel right about the game, then tell us MMORPG.com. If WvWvW turns into at 5 fps slideshow, with over 100 players on screen or the Dynamic Events become monotonous, then tell us.

^this...

it's all about W v W v W for me at this point... rest of the game appears to be in good standing; hopefully the devs won't pull off a SWTOR ability delay either!

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Hope you will make some nice gameplay videos in good quality, like 720p or 1080p

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Where is the troll hunter when you need him?

This is not a game.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Very nice!  Any chance on a post-preview Q&A session?

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Originally posted by mjas512

another pay to win game   

F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

you are confusing, in other topic you said you can't wait for this game and that you played it...

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

I agree with you here.  Though I may be an avid supporter of GW2 what the devs are trying to achieve. If something doesn't feel right about the game, then tell us MMORPG.com. If WvWvW turns into at 5 fps slideshow, with over 100 players on screen or the Dynamic Events become monotonous, then tell us.

^this...

it's all about W v W v W for me at this point... rest of the game appears to be in good standing; hopefully the devs won't pull off a SWTOR ability delay either!

Highly doubt GW2 will have any ability delay like SW:TOR, because at least the devs fought about the issue during development, not after. But yeah, it's all about WvWvW, seeing how we've seen every major feature of the game in working condition, except that.

Originally posted by Zeroxin

another pay to win game   

F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile
    Where is the troll hunter when you need him?

He's still in Norway unfortunately. ^_^

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

another pay to win game   

Go play GW1 and see how they handled B2P and what they sell in their shop, then come back and apologise for being a fool.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Highly doubt GW2 will have any ability delay like SW:TOR, because at least the devs fought about the issue during development, not after. But yeah, it's all about WvWvW, seeing how we've seen every major feature of the game in working condition, except that.

Whether they pull it all off or not remains to be seen but at least they really 'get it'. I really like the idea that you get a lot of your feedback from stuff that's going on in the world rather than watching cast bars, cool downs and what not. Intrestingly ties in with Bills recent article on imersion (or lack of it).

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

Not sure if anyone has said it. But Gamestop managers who signed up at the managers conference are getting in the friends/family beta. They started to get there invites this week.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Thats great news, hope for positive feedback.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

It's amazing how the one pointless troll post in the thread gets the most replies. Just ignore it and continue the conversation, guys.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Sweet!  Here's to hoping that we are looking at releast this year.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Originally posted by Homitu

It's amazing how the one pointless troll post in the thread gets the most replies. Just ignore it and continue the conversation, guys.

In my defense, I never replied to the troll. I replied to the person who replied to the troll. XD

• BigCaliGuruBigCaliGuru Member UncommonPosts: 103

Seems like yesterday I had just recieved my invite to Guild Wars.  Steping into that world with Ooo's, and Aah's. Fast forward many years and here i am waiting to experience the drug know as Guild Wars 2.

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

^this...

If I'm correct, you can see 2 animation skills used at the same time in this video, resulting in a very useful (and fun) combo. I think I've never seen such a thing in other games and it seems they got a very robust combat system. But I'm no expert in this technical stuff so someone correct me if I'm wrong. ^^

Eat me!

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Hey mmorpg

please please, be completely honest and dont be a coward when writing the impressions, I want to know whats wrong with this game and what is right

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Congrats MMORPG.  Please do more than one article and try to cover more than one aspect of the game.  Don't try to cover all the starter areas, instead try to cover the content areas we haven't seen much of like dungeons and WvWvW.  Try to form a guild, do some cross profession combos, try to sidekick - a lot of the kind of stuff that can't really be shown in an hours worth of play - basically coordinated group stuff.

Currently I'm playing SWTOR and loving it but after playing it a while I have to say can you please check out GW2s UI and other basic functions !!!  Can we move pop up windows around to where we want?  Can we put friends on our friends list when they are offline?  Please check out the basic stuff we take for granted.  I had no idea how much I actually just expect this kind of stuff to work, now that it doesn't it continuously is niggling at me.

Lastly, I'd like to know how much each of you who gets into press beta would be willing to pay to buy the game using your own money - don't grade it with some arbitrary system - give us your honest wallet decision.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by Delvie

Congrats MMORPG.  Please do more than one article and try to cover more than one aspect of the game.  Don't try to cover all the starter areas, instead try to cover the content areas we haven't seen much of like dungeons and WvWvW.  Try to form a guild, do some cross profession combos, try to sidekick - a lot of the kind of stuff that can't really be shown in an hours worth of play - basically coordinated group stuff.

Currently I'm playing SWTOR and loving it but after playing it a while I have to say can you please check out GW2s UI and other basic functions !!!  Can we move pop up windows around to where we want?  Can we put friends on our friends list when they are offline?  Please check out the basic stuff we take for granted.  I had no idea how much I actually just expect this kind of stuff to work, now that it doesn't it continuously is niggling at me.

Lastly, I'd like to know how much each of you who gets into press beta would be willing to pay to buy the game using your own money - don't grade it with some arbitrary system - give us your honest wallet decision.

Since Anet are using a their own modified guild wars 1 engine.  I'm 100% positive you will be able to modify the UI.

BOOYAKA!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by CookieTime

^this...

If I'm correct, you can see 2 animation skills used at the same time in this video, resulting in a very useful (and fun) combo. I think I've never seen such a thing in other games and it seems they got a very robust combat system. But I'm no expert in this technical stuff so someone correct me if I'm wrong. ^^

Your correct,there are no ability delays in GW 2, actually  it's funny because I tried to test it at pax last year could buff and immediately use anothe one and could attaxk immediately.

The animations are used to were they aren't stiff and do not clip awkawrdly when executing abilities.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

Originally posted by cyress8

Since Anet are using a their own modified guild wars 1 engine.  I'm 100% positive you will be able to modify the UI.

They've already said the UI wont be as customizable as GW1, but yeah it would be nice if somebody would mess around with it to see where the limits are.

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

Woo-hooo!  Calendered.

• litgrams2litgrams2 Member Posts: 2

Can't wait.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

who here checked their emails hoping that ANET made a mistake of sending you a beta code? 

< guilty!

^_^

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max