Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Chronicles - Odds and Ends

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In today's Chronicles of One Telaran, we get an inside peek at v1.7's new Soul Templates, a nifty (an quick) way to get the build you want. In addition, we gain a bit of knowledge about the history of St. Valentine's Day and how it ties into Rift. Oh really? Yes! Check it out!

Trion is now allowing anyone to try out the first 20 levels of Rift free.

Free? I hear you say. What’s the catch? Well, there is none. It’s totally free. You pay nothing. Nada. Nothing. Nix. Zilch. Zero. Zip. You can play all the way to level 20 without paying a thing. Pretty cool. So now’s the time to go tell your mates to join in.

Read more of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran: Chronicles - Odds and Ends.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Unfortunately my wife doesn't play video games and although I'd love to play RIFT with her no matter what I tried in the past it wasn't her type of hobby. If she did, I'd be doing the marriage on Vday with her, but since I can't, I don't even want to face the consequences if she found out I did it with someone else in game...I can picture it now...

"What kind of RP game is this? Are you cyber cheating on me???"

... Sigh.

GL to all those attempting to break the record. Go for it!

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Haha hey mar, just tell your wife that your ingame wife ( don't tell her that ) is a ingame friend ( also don't say with benefits ) LOL
  • TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I couldn't imagine having a partner who didnt game. Went through that 4 years. Now I have a beautiful gal who games more then I do! LIFE IS GOOOOOOD!

Sadly we quite Rift because of the.. hrmm.. plastic storyline?

Cant really put my finger on it, but the games story felt to contrived or just lacking something. We loved the pvp though. Stayed almost 7 months just for that. Gota admit, I wish other developers were as active as trion. I cant imagine SWTOR with a team like Trions. 

• Unknown23Unknown23 Member Posts: 47

Hmm... to start playing Rift again or not...

I really want to but I know I'll just get bored because there is only 1 starting

zone per faction. Totally kills the replayability for me as I like to make many characters.

1 starting zone per race please :)

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Exact reason i quit months ago Unkown im an altaholic and replaying another class doing the same area over and over got boring its the reason I play EQ2s f2p once in awhile so many classes and multiple starting areas now.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Originally posted by William12

Exact reason i quit months ago Unkown im an altaholic and replaying another class doing the same area over and over got boring its the reason I play EQ2s f2p once in awhile so many classes and multiple starting areas now.

this is what did Rift in for me.  Any themepark that atleast does not have token different leveling area paths loses me.  =(

• Cyberdeck7Cyberdeck7 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Are there consummation mechanics?

LOL

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Originally posted by Cyberdeck7

LOL

Stack Endurance. Profit.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by umcorian

Originally posted by Cyberdeck7

LOL

Stack Endurance. Profit.

That works out better than most IRL marriages then. Good to know.