Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone here play DCUO (PC/US) is okay w/ RP

Hi, I'm not looking for hardcore RP, just maybe making your character like a DC one or mentor and playing it like that and together with someone, and having some patience and understanding.  I find the community in  the game to be really mean and not great in general, and it's mostly a stressful situation playing with them. I mean how they talk and "approve" other players is annoying and it breaks the feeling of being immersed in the DC world, which was why I play because I enjoy some of the comicbooks. 

So instead of joining one of the stressful, not helpful leagues, I'm just looking to see if anyone wants to start an RP one and is cool with someone taking a few Iconic powers for rp purposes, because they want to! I don't care much about the best numbers or leaderboards, just fun and mature company while playing.  The smaller the better, since the big leagues, guilds and all that I have found over the years, tend to be really impersonal and phoney. Lots of small-talk isn't what I want, instead  I really want to look forward to playing with the people I am with, and them me. I know I'm asking alot. It's just so discouraging playing it and constantly running into really mean, immature people; people laughing at me because I'm shy,  and I tend to suck in groups I don't know, or just laugh because I chose a power I liked and not one they approve of.

I have one 30 and the rest are 20 and one is 10. I don't have any special gear or anything, so that's where I am with the game. Really look foremost for the rp/mature players and not a sea of them that I get lost in.  I want to focus on a  small, close-nit kind of league to join or start-up. I also play later at night, and that is kind of important... I probably should have opened with that.

Comments

• vcmich1973vcmich1973 Member Posts: 1

Hey! Finally, a fellow DCUOer who wants to RP! Been looking round a bit for a few decent RPing players; seems like this game isn't really friendly to RPing.  Note, I'm not really gonna go in-depth on the RPing, just light roleplay as you said.  My main is Sergei Bearclaw, hero PvE, ice DPS, and I'm prolly gonna make an alt, lightning healer.  Hope to see you ingame sometime soon!

• BeargrinBeargrin Member Posts: 3

I'm surprised to see one other RP'er... even more so to find out there are two of you. Unfortunately, my (actual) computer has a fried harddrive untill I can get a job, I'm not on that often.

Typically, I play on Mondays (as I'm bumming my girlfriend's computer while she's at art school.)

Look up Nightsunder. Mercenary 30, PvE, Gadget Tech Villian. (Annnd will likely be making a copy of him hero side... Nightrend or sommat.)

Once I get my computer fixed: Me, my girlfriend, and a small group of our friends will more than likely be making an RP League for both sides. (Might take me a few months, unfortunately. Not a lot of job openings around here.)

Speaking of girlfriend (made me edit this): D: I'm so sorry! People can be jerks! I give you a hug!

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Hello guys! I am also interested in some light RPing. Just contact Niebe, lv15 Hero Ice. Hopefully our timezones aren't too far apart. I play a couple of hours at night. I'm in GMT+8 zone btw.

An addition, I have a Hero (finally) Stalhond, Ice Tank... Again, only really on Monday and Friday untill I can get a job.

• lungerolungero Member Posts: 1

Im down for some heavy RP. Im a REALLY heavy RPer though. Villian RP anyone?

• rammur65rammur65 Member UncommonPosts: 107

Lots of rp in dc join rp and roleplay custom channels lots of people frequent it look around the statue in metropolis and around the main fortress you will run into it me i try and stay ic at all times there more to rp than just standing around and swapping stories all day that crap can be done in a chatroom.

Good to know. I'll be making a lantern hero Friday, more than likely... but right now I'm fixed on my Sinestro Corpsman, Telgonaai. Whisper me anytime, I'll fly right over for some RP if you ask.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

When I was playing, I remember a mildly active RP community. But, like you said, they are mostly hostile to anyone who wants to RP as a canon or canon-affiliated character.

I support that hostility. Be original.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by JessXIII

Hi, I'm not looking for hardcore RP, just maybe making your character like a DC one or mentor and playing it like that and together with someone, and having some patience and understanding.  I find the community in  the game to be really mean and not great in general, and it's mostly a stressful situation playing with them. I mean how they talk and "approve" other players is annoying and it breaks the feeling of being immersed in the DC world, which was why I play because I enjoy some of the comicbooks. 

So instead of joining one of the stressful, not helpful leagues, I'm just looking to see if anyone wants to start an RP one and is cool with someone taking a few Iconic powers for rp purposes, because they want to! I don't care much about the best numbers or leaderboards, just fun and mature company while playing.  The smaller the better, since the big leagues, guilds and all that I have found over the years, tend to be really impersonal and phoney. Lots of small-talk isn't what I want, instead  I really want to look forward to playing with the people I am with, and them me. I know I'm asking alot. It's just so discouraging playing it and constantly running into really mean, immature people; people laughing at me because I'm shy,  and I tend to suck in groups I don't know, or just laugh because I chose a power I liked and not one they approve of.

I have one 30 and the rest are 20 and one is 10. I don't have any special gear or anything, so that's where I am with the game. Really look foremost for the rp/mature players and not a sea of them that I get lost in.  I want to focus on a  small, close-nit kind of league to join or start-up. I also play later at night, and that is kind of important... I probably should have opened with that.

Fuck'em and play the game how you want man. I wish I was still into RP like I used to be, but honestly there are few games that really promote and RP feel to it. Meta-gaming ruined RP in some cases. You used to have to RP to find stuff out in the world from others.. and when you went OOC on them, they just stare (as in character they didnt hear anything you said)..

I miss those times often when sitting back RP is more hardcore than people really know

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• JessXIIIJessXIII Member Posts: 22

If anyone here wants to play and rps (not heavily) just more of a themed group is what I was looking for, with a small number of people nothing big and no jerks, please message.