Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry but... Terrible opening

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

When I saw TOR's opening, I going DANG they OWN. And just now I saw Tera's opening, I'm going dang they suck ><

Comments

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by nomss

When I saw TOR's opening, I going DANG they OWN. And just now I saw Tera's opening, I'm going dang they suck ><

WTF? The game is not out yet.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

well the rest of the game is what counts... star wars the old republic best feature were the opening movies.

• nephistunephistu Member UncommonPosts: 6

Strong foundations, especially considering how we havent played the game yet.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

openings have nothing to do with the quality of the game. Just look at swtor. Does the opening cinematic match the rest of the game. Not even close. Afterall its just CGI.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Despite the enormous amount of gameplay footage from KTERA, the OP decides to take the most shallow route possible next to pointing out that the CEO's tie doesn't match his shirt as a basis for not buying the game, and criticize the opening cutscene. 

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

Is this guy an internet hacker that made it onto TERA severs a week early ?

or

A sad raging kid mad at successful games because SWTOR flopped so hard ?

You decide!

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

esc key esc key esc key

That's all that happens for me when a cut scene comes up.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

ok i'm cancelling my order right now. 

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

lool this sheer rediculousness of this post threw me into a fit of giggles..

To be fair it is weak, maybe its one of the reason's BHS has decided to go back and redue some of lvl1-40 content .

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by stayontarget

To be fair it is weak, maybe its one of the reason's BHS has decided to go back and redue some of lvl1-40 content .

Wow, what a traitor. I expected that kind of attitude from Hitler but not you.

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Wow, what a traitor. I expected that kind of attitude from Hitler but not you.

haha just being honest with myself and respect to the OP's opinion, which i share.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

It's short but at least it gives a good base of what's going on around you. Anyone else think of Bender and the civilization that grew on him?

Just not worth my time anymore.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Was a bit lacking when I watched it and not really impressed..  Cinematics can be an important part of the story telling of an MMO.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

The sudden end at the climax on the intro is what killed it xD

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by junzo316

Was a bit lacking when I watched it and not really impressed..  Cinematics can be an important part of the story telling of an MMO.

Oh they get pretty good later on in the game,  it's just that the opening one is kinda sucky.   Maybe because its the first one they ever did so many years ago and never decided to upgrade it.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by junzo316

Oh they get pretty good later on in the game,  it's just that the opening one is kinda sucky.   Maybe because its the first one they ever did so many years ago and never decided to upgrade it.

Good to hear.  Thank you.   =)

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

If TOR was 1/10 of what the opening was.. we would have had the WoW killer.

Some of the best Star Wars stuff I've ever seen.. but I hated the actual game.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

Not the best cutscene I've ever seen but not the worst either.

Asian games have some of the weirdest cutscene outhere, always confusing and awkward, <Esc>  is my best friend in asian MMOs.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• presidentnegpresidentneg Member Posts: 19

I got pumped up by TOR's cinematics only to be let down by a pathetic mmo. Their buget went into CGI , cocaine and hookers no doubt.

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

SWTOR is for a certain demographic.  TERA is for another demographic.  Please find your demographic and play the appropriatte game so the forums of each respective game are not flooded with unneccessary posts that will get ignored because the devs are not catering to you.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Yeah, seriously.

What a stupid post.

SW:TOR's best features were its Cinematic cutscenes.  The game itself is a joke.

TERA may suck too, but judging a game on its cutscenes is purely stupid.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Ive got the beta client thats not under nda and I will say the opening cutscene is pretty lol. But in light of SWTOR, that most likely means they have spent more time on actual gameplay.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

MMOs generally have lousy openings. Heck, seen Rifts? That was was even worse.

But the opening of a game is a few minutes, what really counts is the time you spend in game, which can be years.

It will be interesting to see how TERA do there.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Haters are just funny...why even post?  Nothing is out...people like you end up playing the game just so they can hop in and say, "this sucks"!!!

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"