Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see the most in the first SWTOR expansion?

Just curious as to what players would like to see the most in the first SWTOR expansion.  I would like to know where people think this game should go.

I thought of some common things brought up around here and put them into a poll.  I also have an "Other" option if I didn't list what you want.

Feel free to comment and explain why you want to see what you voted for, or other things you want to see as well.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I want to see fully 3D space combat with space PVP, they have the battlefront guys working for them so they have experience in doing it. 

I also want to see them getting rid of fleet stations and make each world more open and seamless. They need to ditch the current planet to planet travel system and go for something more seamless. Right now travelling between planets is a nightmare, just so many steps and loading screens. They also need to get rid of forced Taxis and let you travel to each location on your own.

• levin70levin70 Member Posts: 87

Bug fixes.  Forget new content, when half the game mechanics are still broken.  There are classes with their final main storyline quest that is still broken since beta (trooper).  There are still problems with affection not incrementing properly.  I mean there are so many bugs its riduculous to be talking about content.  What you will get is if this keeps up is what happened in SWG.  About 6 months post launch players started to freak out about balance and other issues when so many bugs remained from launch.  I think bioware should spend the next 2 months is doing nothing but bug stomping or i forsee a lot of dropped subs at the 6 month mark.

Just my two cents

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I voted Other because the expansion should include all of those choices lol... My preference would be mixing up both factions and quests in every map (on PvP servers) so we can have some open world pvp at any level. If i have to pay monthly for a game that only focuses on end game.... why should i pay for the time i spend leveling from 1 to lvl cap?. my money aint worth the fun if i spend some months leveling various characters and missing all the supossed fun at end game.... Focusing on end game only is bad for any mmorpg because theres never enough end game, so better focus on the entire journey as well and make it slow and fun

just saying what i think

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314

Increase player base by enticing WoW players.  Here's what they crave more than life itself.

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234

its a hard choice cause those are ell fun lol. space combat is the one i want the most though. right now its ok but i want epic.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by tixylix

I also want to see them getting rid of fleet stations and make each world more open and seamless. They need to ditch the current planet to planet travel system and go for something more seamless. Right now travelling between planets is a nightmare, just so many steps and loading screens. They also need to get rid of forced Taxis and let you travel to each location on your own.

This would be amazing.

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

i couldn't pick just one. I want:

new storylines for classes, side quests are pointless bullshit, i'd like being able to have a real choice in my choices. like instead of working for nemro the hutt id like to screw him over and work for the other hutt whose name i cant remember.

a third faction

space combat that isn't starfox64. also if they can't then add new maps!

more races/better customization

more sandbox features like customizable housing (ships)

more reasons to go anywhere in the world other then questing, now its just sit in fleet and wait for pvp games to pop

ilum deleted

pvp and pve class abilities to be seperated like how Trion did it. so they can nerf the shit out of scoundrels in pvp but keep them viable in pve

high res graphics

all the bugs they listed as being fixed to ACTUALLY get fixed

cleaner dark/light moral choices, instead of the miss matched slop they have now

seperate downtimes for EU and US players (aussies too), that way everyone doesnt get fucked by maintenance at once

more armor variations, i like the idea of orange gear so i can wear whatever i want but almost all the gear in this game looks exactly the same with different color themes

maybe a voice variation option at character select so my massive buff imperial agent doesnt sound like he is a teenage boy

more warzones, actually more huttball maps, i love huttball!

actual GM's

world events

better looking darkside corruption, right now it just makes you look like a fucked up zombie with leprosy

delete orbital stations

etc...etc...etc...

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Space revamp for me! The game's weakest area, by far.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I want space PvP and group space content like flashpoints.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Honestly if they made space combat simply X-Wing Vs TIE fighter but MMO style that'd be an instant 3 month sub from me

• TormDKTormDK Member UncommonPosts: 101

Sandbox options - Slowly but surely they could seek to become SWG v2 :P

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

I'd like to see another faction.  I feel that they will do a space expansion and when they do that, it will probably have space ports where you can customize and show off your ship...

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

• A Neutral faction that you can opt into

• One new class for each side eg: Trooper for Empire and Agent for Republic.

• Additional space stuff for those that care about that sort of thing

• Increase level cap with extensions to all the class story lines

• Expand planets like Tatooine to include more known Star Wars locales like Mos eisley.

• Random missions on the mission terminals for when I don't feel like doing the class storyline.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

God, I can't believe I chose the sandbox choice lol when I really haven't liked any sandbox MMOs. I guess for me, I just want the world to feel more alive like in Skyrim...which I know is difficult when comparing a MMO versus a Single Player game and the tax it has on someone's system. That is my biggest complaint though with most MMOs out now. The little things make a difference. Regardless, I knew what to expect before the game was released and this is not a deal breaker for me.

There Is Always Hope!

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

• Space PvP - WF works fine for this, couple of them sure. standard ship for everyone, pilot ranking makes the only difference. Make it about skill not gear.

• Redo world PvP objectives. GET RID OF PvP DAILIES. Seriously, the absolute worst thing you can do to motivate peopel to do open world PvP is tell them they only have to do it for 15 minutes once a day. Make this go away!

• Redo world PvP objectives - part 2. Capturable planets and resources. NOT a BG style with a timer either. Capture and HOLD half the planet with 3 mines and 2 manufactuing plants. Each Mine gives your ENTIRE faction a 2% increase in credit drops from mobs. Each Plant gives the ENTIRE faction a 2% increase in XP gain from mobs. Have to capture and hold the cities to connect your factions main base to each of the resources in order to keep the bonus active. Capture all the resources on the planet, open a special PvP Flashpoint for everyone in your faction until they lose the planets 100% hold. NOW you have open world PvP people will do. Not do for 15 minutes once a day, not do just WFs all day. Oh yeah, and you dont have to limit this to level 50s either. You can make planets for level 10 to 49 like the flashpionts, give the buff, and let everyone learn how to do what the 50 are doing but on a smaller scale.

• Upgradeable spaceships. Yes I know its all cosmetic, but yes...if I work my ass off and collect 20 million credits and want to buy that nice ship they give the Jedi, with blue paint on it, let me! If I want to go visit a synthweaver and get some awesom force blankets for my freaking bed...LET ME!!

Ok thats all I have. Rest is just butter on the bread really.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

Honestly if they made space combat simply X-Wing Vs TIE fighter but MMO style that'd be an instant 3 month sub from me

Agreed, a space battle expansion would add a lot to the game. More ships, better space combat and some missions where you fly fighters against eachothers would make the game a lot better. :)

A PvP expansion that adds some RvR would be nice as well, maybe something a bit similar to Guildwars Factions? 

As I see it those 2 things are right now underdeveloped and an expansion that makes that aspect stronger would better the game a lot instead of just adding more of whats already in the game.

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

A stand alone game and a discount for people who already owned the game.

As a 'stand alone game' it would come with the full installs for the original and the gamer would not have to pay for it.  This would make the expansion more of a DLC format.  This will be unique because it will make it so that new people to the game will not have to pay for the original as well (which is what most MMO developers do).

• nnigmusnnigmus Member Posts: 4

free

just free

totally free

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

This game really screams for a third faction. And several new planets with seamless open areas to be built and fought over by players. And get rid of the spacegane in itsw current form.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I'd like to see more story-lines, a new race, a new class, and some other things.  I'd rather they made the ship more customizable, instead of adding housing.  I'd like to be able to rest on my ship.  I feel like a drunkard every time I log in to a cantina. 

I didn't really enjoy the space combat, so I hope they expand that a bit.  I'd also like some type of dye system.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Less "human" playable races.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

More sandbox type stuff, I don't think the current formula is going to work into the future...

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175

Space warzone!! :)

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

All I want is for my camera to not swing back behind me when Im moving after I purposly moved it somewhere else.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

More races!  Was disappointed with the lack of races.  I am pretty sure they held out some fun ones from release to put into an expansion....well I hope so at least.

I would love more sandbox features, a neutral (third) faction, housing, all that awesome stuff.  I just don't see that stuff being put into the game unfortunately.