Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With the success of blizzard, bioware, Bethesda NEXT?

2»

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Bethseda would have to hire all the modders if they were to make an MMO seeing as the company itself doesn't know the meaning of the word polish. It's the modding communities that make their games great.

• LittlebombLittlebomb Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by lalartu

ditto on the comment above

SWTOR is far from being successful still.

wait at least 6 months before making this decision.

Usually, you can tell how MMO is doing if they merge servers or open new servers.

Well if their forums are any indication they deffeinetly are not opening more servers. Several server merge threads won't die on the their official forums.

Republic players are playing a single player game.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Do I think Bethesda could make a decent MMO? Yes! Do I want Bethesda to make a decent MMO? No! At least not in today's market.

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Bethesda has gone too soft and the only thing they would be able to make is just another themepark. The TES and ME series have been dumbed down to the point where the depth and complexity is nonexistant.
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Bioware successful?

hahahahaha.

Haven't you realised that bioware is ruined by ea year by year.

Bethesda Rules

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Originally posted by Starwars001

With the hugely successful game companies like blizzard, bioware, I hope to see bethesda get into the MMO ring. 

I have a great confidence that they will make some type of successfull sandboxy game.

Hopefully Bethesda annonce something of the sort this year. 

Bethesda have stated on many occasions that they don't care for MMOs and have no intentions of doing one. However parent company Zenimax has got a studio working on an as yet, unnamed, MMO.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

How could the guys that create the likes of Skyrim possibly like MMORPGs?

I don't blame them for not wanting to jump into the market.  Look at the disgrace that is the MMORPG genre.

I hope Bethesda stays out of it. Screw it.  Leave the good RPGs to the single player ones.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Bethesda one of few companies capable of making a true next gen MMORPG. And TES IP suits perfect for it.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I don't blame them for not wanting to jump into the market.  Look at the disgrace that is the MMORPG genre.

I hope Bethesda stays out of it. Screw it.  Leave the good RPGs to the single player ones.

I agree. Beth should avoid this genre like the plague.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

My sentiments exactly.  Disappointed to see how BioWare turned out.  Those days of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, NWN, and KOTOR 1 are long gone.  That was their Golden Era, IMO.  They rake in cash now, but the feel of their games is gone;  They've lost that touch.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• kashiegamerkashiegamer Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by Warmaker

My sentiments exactly.  Disappointed to see how BioWare turned out.  Those days of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, NWN, and KOTOR 1 are long gone.  That was their Golden Era, IMO.  They rake in cash now, but the feel of their games is gone;  They've lost that touch.

Im playing KOTOR 1 now and I gotta be honest it's resurrecting my min/max personality again. I'm just a level 5 soldier in Taris and trying my best not to click the level-up button. And I have this itch in me to repeat the game even though I haven't finished it just to get the perfect build since I chose critical over flurry (and a LOT of people are saying flurry is better for soldier/guardian).

My Blog About Hellgate Global, an ARPG/FPS hybrid MMO:
    http://kashiewannaplay.wordpress.com/

Hellgate Global Official Fan Blog
    http://t3funhellgate.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hellgate Global, LoL, Skyrim, Morrowind
    Recently Played: Cardmon Hero, Cabal, Oblivion

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

I would much prefer if companies would make multiplayer (coop) RPGs, but not MMOs. Especially with the trend to having companions in game, coop is not a far stretch when looking at gameplay. It still is quite a bit of work, but seeing as there have been multiplayer mods since like ever, and even the TES games with absolutely no networking whatsoever got some half-working coop mods..and compared to doing and MMO, it should be done relatively fast.

Oh, how i would love to explore Skyrim with someone else, Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc. Tried the Kingdoms of Alamur demo yesterday, nice game, especially the combat so far, but most likely won't buy it, got other stuff to play singleplayer (like, Skyrim). But coop? Big open world, class-less progression, so everyone can play how he wants, and especially not limited (neither hard, as in, two characters to choose from, like in Hunted: The demons forge, nor soft, as in, once you got every class/archtype/useful skill covered, it would actually hurt (the fun) to get another player in) - boy, i would love that. Would play the hell out of it, maybe even replay it (something i almost never do) with another class and take other options with quests/follow the other side,if available.

Developers seriously should release more good coop games (Good. that is important. If the game crashes every two minutes, and you have to restart the entire level/map, or replay an hour worth of quests because it has no drop in/drop out and doesn't correctly save and share the status..better stay away with what you can do good: Singleplayer).

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

It is so easy to spot people who haven't given an MMO a fair chance and bash it.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by dollada06

It is so easy to spot people who haven't given an MMO a fair chance and bash it.

Dude... seriously?

I've given MMORPGs 10 years of playtime before I have wholehearedly come to despise the genre with what it has become.  I stopped contributing to this farce of a genre in 2009.  Despite the ridiculous amounts of cash being made with MMORPGs and the multitude of players now, the gameplay scope has narrowed (less things to do in the game), there are less ways for players to affect the world, and of course, the continued discarding of the "Multiplayer" part of MMORPG for the sake of Single-Player ease.

Not only do MMORPGs today deserve a good bashing, they deserve a repeated kick in the nuts.

Seeing how 2 companies I used to be a fan of drastically change for the worse and transition into MMORPGs, I really, really hope Bethesda doesn't fall for this trap.  Jeez, let there be some good RPG developers out there.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Thorbrand
    WOW is successful yes!
    SWTOR isn't even close to going down as successful, you need to wait a few years for that.
    Bethesda's games are not MMOs and can not be made into MMOs. I hope they never try to make a Elder Scrolls MMOs it will kill the franchise!

They own all rights for Fallout now so prolly closer to a fallout mmo then Elder Scroll mmo and im also sceptic about Elder Scroll become a mmo it would prolly kill the series:(

Bioware would dream they had the numbers that Bethesda have i think Skyrim outsell single game all DA serie-Masseffectserie combined games together.

Zenimax have huge amount of money to support and mmo so prolly soon we know.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Go look at how leveling and scaleling for enemies work in Skyrim.

Then come back and edit you post.

Taking an Elder Scroll game and adding thousands of people in it would never work, you would have to have some sort of linarity to the game. Sandboxs MMO do one hell of a job pretending that you actually have a choice.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by forest-nl

WOW is successful yes!

SWTOR isn't even close to going down as successful, you need to wait a few years for that.

Bethesda's games are not MMOs and can not be made into MMOs. I hope they never try to make a Elder Scrolls MMOs it will kill the franchise!

Bioware would dream they had the numbers that Bethesda have i think Skyrim outsell single game all DA serie-Masseffectserie combined games together.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit no. Mass Effect alone sold over 7 Million copies. http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/04/22/mass-effect-sales-top-7-million/

Skyrim is at about 12 Million tops.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Snaylor47

Originally posted by forest-nl

WOW is successful yes!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit no. Mass Effect alone sold over 7 Million copies. http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/04/22/mass-effect-sales-top-7-million/

Skyrim is at about 12 Million tops.

ME2 sold a lot more than ME1 too, and ME3 is going to sell an insane number of copies.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Originally posted by Starwars001

With the hugely successful game companies like blizzard, bioware, I hope to see bethesda get into the MMO ring. 

I have a great confidence that they will make some type of successfull sandboxy game.

Hopefully Bethesda annonce something of the sort this year. 

The B's have it

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath