Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Pokket's Tips & Tricks for Winning on Alderaan

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Pokket gives her latest and greatest advice for winning on Alderaan in Game Face: Pokket's Guide to SWTOR - Tips & Tricks to Winning Alderaan. See what you think!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Never go for mid at start 3 left 5 right once taken then 2 left 2 right and 4 shuttles. Quicker to get back into the fight due to speeders.  Or just faceroll the pathetic rebs and take all 3 and /dance them at their futile attempts to cap anything.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Mid is a bad strategy, it easiest to get to but also easier to zerg for both sides. Taking the sides is best because of the instant speeders. Other side usually only sends one or two people to cap their side point which makes it easy to take over. Then patrol both sides via underground speed boosts.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    1.7 million people helped formulate this strategy, its the only one that works
  • PokketPokket Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by bingbongbros

Mid is a bad strategy, it easiest to get to but also easier to zerg for both sides. Taking the sides is best because of the instant speeders. Other side usually only sends one or two people to cap their side point which makes it easy to take over. Then patrol both sides via underground speed boosts.

Mid is actually a better strategy when they decide to zerg left or right with the majority of their players. As I said in the guide, whichever points are EASIER to get in the beginning, are the points your team should take. Half the time that ends up being mid.

Mid is easily zerged, sure... but if  they actually send a zerg mid, then it's easy to counter-cap (as I stated in the guide, as well) their one point. Also, it's easy to zerg defend mid due to how quick your team can get there.

Taking mid point isn't a bad strat, should your team be average at the class they are playing. 

Youtube: PokketProductions | Twitter: @Pokketsays | Facebook: Pokketsays
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Pokket

Mid is actually a better strategy when they decide to zerg left or right with the majority of their players. As I said in the guide, whichever points are EASIER to get in the beginning, are the points your team should take. Half the time that ends up being mid.

Mid is easily zerged, sure... but if  they actually send a zerg mid, then it's easy to counter-cap (as I stated in the guide, as well) their one point. Also, it's easy to zerg defend mid due to how quick your team can get there.

Taking mid point isn't a bad strat, should your team be average at the class they are playing. 

I agree.  While both strats work, I've seen take mid and left first being the one that normally wins the day IF you have good healers.  The reason being, defense at mid is the key ingredient, as long as everyone stays alive and keeps the enemy out of there you can float to a nice win.  All depends on staying alive though and that's where healers come in.

• jfz133jfz133 Member Posts: 15

Going mid is not a bad idea if the other team sends 6 people to your closest point at the start, which happens a lot. Then you take mid and their closest one and win the game. 

There are no strategy that wins every time, you have to adapt to what the enemy is doing and counter it. Countering it doesn't mean matching their numbers on every point, it means going heavy wherever they went light.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Welcome to the swtor video weekly @ MMORPG.com !

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

This paid pumping is getting old.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Best strategy: when defending a turret, make sure you are actually watching the turret so you don't get ninja'd.  Amazingly, this seems to be very hard for some people.

• logan400klogan400k Member UncommonPosts: 68

@Pokket (or anyone) are there better classes for this warzone? I mean does ranged work better than melee or does it really matter?

Just My 2 Lunars

• AndelithAndelith Member UncommonPosts: 20

Pokket, I still love you, err i mean your guides, yeah that's it... :)

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

going for mid is the wors... er... uh... yeah.

Taking mid is the BEST strat. Do that. Zerg mid. Im certain that your zerg will have no issues with my team as they continually come back with 100% HP.

lolz

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I reckon anyone who has an opinion on level 50 PvP warzones must be a reasonably hardcore player.

I mean, I know SWTOR is easier to level than WoW, but even still !

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I reckon anyone who has an opinion on level 50 PvP warzones must be a reasonably hardcore player.

These are the same warzones you can que for at lvl 10.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Honestly mid is an alright strategy, but not any better than taking left and right.

While mid is easier to focus and take at the beginning, its tougher to hold.   4 of just about any class can sufficiently hold the left or right point,  and as both of those points have speeders landing directly at them, its smarter to take and hold those two points as theres no added travel time to pull excess players off of the cap.    

You have a constant stream of players, and less downtime.  Mid is good for an off balance cap.

Another good point of the sides, is, ranged characters can focus on playing the "outfield"  by jumping and shooting,  thereby staying off of the cap point, but still stopping enemy players from taking control.  

The only time when mid is viable is when you have a strong coordinated team that can zerg back and forth in a relatively shorter amount of time then it would take for the opposing teams backup to get from point A to point C.. or if the other team was just a terrible team all around - which is normally the case.

Originally posted by treysmooth

Yes, but I think it might be better to PvP when you've got your full complement of skills.

I could say other things about SWTOR's PvP, but I don't want to troll Pokket's thread. It's increadibly rare to have a girl playing a MMORPG and I don't want to discourage them.

Yes, but I think it might be better to PvP when you've got your full complement of skills.

I could say other things about SWTOR's PvP, but I don't want to troll Pokket's thread. It's increadibly rare to have a girl playing a MMORPG and I don't want to discourage them.

Nah, the scaling works in such a way that once you're level 14 you're pretty viable in most situations.. especially as a ranged class.

Also, a lot of girls play MMORPGs,  though, not  "Pokket" exclusively, as "she" isn't a girl,  its all CGI.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

Honestly it feels like the opposite for me so far.  I hit 50 a couple days ago and facing all these people w/ pvp set gear basically makes me feel pretty worthless.  The real difference in power is the gear and the fact that gear dictates your power almost completely.

Honestly it feels like the opposite for me so far.  I hit 50 a couple days ago and facing all these people w/ pvp set gear basically makes me feel pretty worthless.  The real difference in power is the gear and the fact that gear dictates your power almost completely.

Oh, that's a shame - it should be: your equipment + teamwork + individual skill + a bit of luck.

I think it's a pity that the space combat isn't on one great big PvP server. Then, Pokket might be able to write an article on leading a fleet - and how to become a real enduring legend amongst the world's players.
  • Marchosias31Marchosias31 Member Posts: 83

Youve GOTTA BE KIDDING ME>>>

Shes an INDUSTRY LEADER?   That is probably the silliest thing ive ever read on these forums....

Because she plays the game shes an industry leader right?

Give me a break.........Shes an average pvp, if anything, a below avg......Ive seen her play....

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

Also, note in the video how she cuts/edits in conveniently when pvping before dying....

This is the last time im clicking on one of her 'guides'..........

Why is there that high intensity light on her face? Its very distracting......

In the movies, they do that in order to hide an aging actresses wrinkles etc........Give us a break.....

Horrible guide..ive seen better ones a hundred times....

Marchosias is using the "quickest way to a girls heart is widespread attacks" method.  

Thats how I found my wife...   gotta punch her at least twice a day to keep her happy.

• blackst0rmblackst0rm Member CommonPosts: 19

Marchosias Troll harder dude.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Marchosias is using the "quickest way to a girls heart is widespread attacks" method.  

Thats how I found my wife...   gotta punch her at least twice a day to keep her happy.

You win the internet.

Now if I could just get that to work for me. Or at least get her to stop punching me every day.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil