Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!, CD's bad?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

I just bought the SWG total experience game and im having lots of installation issues.

There are 5 cd's and im getting cycle redundency errors everytime I get to cd 2-3.

This is my third time trying to install ):

I got windows 2000 installed and No antivirus programs are running.

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by rubydragon5
    I just bought the SWG total experience game and im having lots of installation issues.There are 5 cd's and im getting cycle redundency errors everytime I get to cd 2-3.This is my third time trying to install ):I got windows 2000 installed and No antivirus programs are running.

Either you have a bad cd drive or you have a bad set of cd's. I would try exchanging the cd's first. CRC errors mean it can't read the data, for one of many reasons.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

I just bought the SWG total experience game and im having lots of installation issues.
    There are 5 cd's and im getting cycle redundency errors everytime I get to cd 2-3.

I had the same issues.  You can do 1 of 2 solutions.  Copy the cd's to a harddrive and do the install from there. (You need to only do the first 3 cd's).  Keep trying the install.  I have the exact same issue with mine but simply kept redoing the install until it worked.  I think they botched there windows installer code.  I thought it was just my batch of cd's but have seen numerous complaints just like yours and mine.
  • TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115

Here's a couple links to related threads on the official SWG forums.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Techsupport&message.id=245456&query.id=5874#M245456

The above link is in regards to updating InstallShield.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Techsupport&message.id=149437

And this one is in regards to moving the data onto your harddrive to install from.  If these don't help you, you'll have to contact LucasArts for replacement CDs.  I believe they give you 90 days from the date of purchase to have the discs replaced free of charge.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.