Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Starwars the old republic (one word) FAIL

124

Comments

  • ooblaoobla londonPosts: 87Member

    Originally posted by nowrnvr

    I had high hopes for this game but after playing it for one month I have to say this game fails on many levels

    ~ bgs ... huttball x 10,000 cough boring as hell, also if you win it might not count as a win as well as skills not working and freezing up ....so after playing for 3 hours tonight and 5 wins my quest is till not done :......:

    ~ I know this game was not based on pvp but having no objectives in pvp in ilum other than a quest or two and getting valor which atm has no worth ... also killing players at their gate over and over is not very challenging.

    ~ I do agree that the quest line was alot of fun but other than that doing hardmodes over and over can get pretty boring, if you want to lvl up alts you might have alot of fun but tbh this game imo needs alot more to keep it going.

    ~ the servers are not balanced at all and playing against your own side in bgs and doing three bgs over and over again boring...

    ~ I have to say battlegrounds for people who like pvp are very boring.... 

    Did I mention boring ? =D

    ~ bottom line I'm waiting for guildwars 2 to come out ,  3 realms against each other with objectives and not having to wait for a tank or healer should be a real bonus :) the videos look awesome as well as some awesome classes to play !!!!!

     

    And once Guild Wars 2 comes out and its not exactly everything you want it to be you'll be calling that a fail too . And then you'll be on your quest for the next big mmo again .

    It'll be a bit like looking for the Holy Grail you'll never find it . I would give up mmos because your only going to keep getting disapointed .

    I think ToR has plenty of faults but I'm enjoying it as an rpg more than anything . Thats not to say I will sub to it every month but its something I can see myself playing a few months each year .

    I actually wonder if you have played the game because the one thing that is truely appalling you fail to mention . The space combat .

  • Butch808Butch808 sheffieldPosts: 319Member Uncommon

    nowrnvr, swtor is no fail, it's just your opinion. The facts say otherwise.

  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,232Member Uncommon
    bottom line: we got another fanboi hyping not released games, next!

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • youngkgyoungkg dallas, TXPosts: 357Member

    Originally posted by Thane

    bottom line: we got another fanboi hyping not released games, next!

    So his opinion is void because he put GW2 in his review?

     

     

  • timtracktimtrack StockholmPosts: 416Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by nowrnvr

    I had high hopes for this game but after playing it for one month I have to say this game fails on many levels

    ~ bgs ... huttball x 10,000 cough boring as hell, also if you win it might not count as a win as well as skills not working and freezing up ....so after playing for 3 hours tonight and 5 wins my quest is till not done :......:

    ~ I know this game was not based on pvp but having no objectives in pvp in ilum other than a quest or two and getting valor which atm has no worth ... also killing players at their gate over and over is not very challenging.

    ~ I do agree that the quest line was alot of fun but other than that doing hardmodes over and over can get pretty boring, if you want to lvl up alts you might have alot of fun but tbh this game imo needs alot more to keep it going.

    ~ the servers are not balanced at all and playing against your own side in bgs and doing three bgs over and over again boring...

    ~ I have to say battlegrounds for people who like pvp are very boring.... 

    Did I mention boring ? =D

    ~ bottom line I'm waiting for guildwars 2 to come out ,  3 realms against each other with objectives and not having to wait for a tank or healer should be a real bonus :) the videos look awesome as well as some awesome classes to play !!!!!

     

    That's 242 words.

  • gadunkgadunk Bridgewater, VAPosts: 165Member

    SWTOR is an amazing game that will only grow and get better. I think the pvp sucks but then again, I think pvpers are the biggest bunch of jackhole crybabies in EVERY game, so if they had left it out 100%, I'd have been very happy.

  • TalinTalin West Babylon, NYPosts: 824Member

    Originally posted by timtrack

    Originally posted by nowrnvr

    I had high hopes for this game but after playing it for one month I have to say this game fails on many levels

    ~ bgs ... huttball x 10,000 cough boring as hell, also if you win it might not count as a win as well as skills not working and freezing up ....so after playing for 3 hours tonight and 5 wins my quest is till not done :......:

    ~ I know this game was not based on pvp but having no objectives in pvp in ilum other than a quest or two and getting valor which atm has no worth ... also killing players at their gate over and over is not very challenging.

    ~ I do agree that the quest line was alot of fun but other than that doing hardmodes over and over can get pretty boring, if you want to lvl up alts you might have alot of fun but tbh this game imo needs alot more to keep it going.

    ~ the servers are not balanced at all and playing against your own side in bgs and doing three bgs over and over again boring...

    ~ I have to say battlegrounds for people who like pvp are very boring.... 

    Did I mention boring ? =D

    ~ bottom line I'm waiting for guildwars 2 to come out ,  3 realms against each other with objectives and not having to wait for a tank or healer should be a real bonus :) the videos look awesome as well as some awesome classes to play !!!!!

     

    That's 242 words.

    242 words of complaining about PVP on a PVE game (that has light PVP elements). At least it wasn't a wall of text. :)

  • JorendoJorendo EdePosts: 263Member

    Originally posted by youngkg

    Originally posted by Jorendo


    Originally posted by nowrnvr



    ~ bottom line I'm waiting for guildwars 2 to come out ,  3 realms against each other with objectives and not having to wait for a tank or healer should be a real bonus :) the videos look awesome as well as some awesome classes to play !!!!!

     

    O pfew i was afraid you where a seriouse gamer. But thank god you are another shameless "GW2 gonna rock im such a huge fan of that game already that im gonna say everything else sucks and it stupid cause GW2 is gonna rock baby oooh yeah" sorry im getting sick and tired of GW2 fanboys. GW2 is gonna suck hard, it makes a lot of promises but anyone who knows the studio knows its gonna be far from the game you people think its gonna be. Its gonna be a boring grinder, thats it. It promises sandbox, but what is sandbox? That you no longer have a ! and a ? above the heads of npc's but that quests happen in the world as you explore? That isn't sandbox, it doesn't let you control the world at all. The only difference between GW2 and other MMORPG's is the way quests are given.

     

    I seen the gameplay movies, and sorry but they look dull. The animations once again look clunky as they where in GW1. The entire game breaths "another boring korean game that promises a lot but isn't gonna live up the hype". If you enjoyed GW1 good for you. Everyone should enjoy the games they prefer. But FFS stop these pathetic "I can't wait for GW2 so im gonna be negative about every other MMORPG" you guys become as pathetic as the Call of Duty vs BF3 or the Xbox 360 vs PS3 fanboys.

     

    SWToR not your game fine, don't play it. I see alot of people come with complainments here that are their own machines fault like a low FPS, sorry i play on the highest details and i don't notice any FPS problems. Sure there is lag now and then, it happens with MMORPG's it happened in WoW in the early stage, it happened in RIft, it happens in a lot of MMORPG's. But so far i only had that once. Also SWToR is a story driven MMORPG so i don't know why there is saying that this game is dumbed down. If you are a hardcore raider go to WoW, if you are a hardcore PvPer go to another game. SWToR is mostly for the stories, i know that is very hard for 80% of today's MMORPer that you actually get to follow a story. If you skip them then yes the game gets boring cause you miss out on a lot.

     

    If you like GW2 go say how awesome that game is in your GW2 posts but stop being childish pathetic fanboys who need to shout it in every freaking post. Grow up please.

    GW2 is gonna rock so hard that Geroge Lucas is gonna be playing it!



    And he would invite Spielberg in, who on his turn talks Shia LaBeouf over to play with him and Lucas. So there we are at the point that im rather in SWToR then GW2. Anything with Shia LaBeouf is doomed no mather how great the product is around him.

  • MarlonBMarlonB HoensbroekPosts: 520Member Uncommon

    The chances of anything coming from Mars ... are a million to one ... he said

    The Repopulation - Scfi Fi Sandbox.

  • youngkgyoungkg dallas, TXPosts: 357Member

    Originally posted by Jorendo

    Originally posted by youngkg


    Originally posted by Jorendo


    Originally posted by nowrnvr



    ~ bottom line I'm waiting for guildwars 2 to come out ,  3 realms against each other with objectives and not having to wait for a tank or healer should be a real bonus :) the videos look awesome as well as some awesome classes to play !!!!!

     

    O pfew i was afraid you where a seriouse gamer. But thank god you are another shameless "GW2 gonna rock im such a huge fan of that game already that im gonna say everything else sucks and it stupid cause GW2 is gonna rock baby oooh yeah" sorry im getting sick and tired of GW2 fanboys. GW2 is gonna suck hard, it makes a lot of promises but anyone who knows the studio knows its gonna be far from the game you people think its gonna be. Its gonna be a boring grinder, thats it. It promises sandbox, but what is sandbox? That you no longer have a ! and a ? above the heads of npc's but that quests happen in the world as you explore? That isn't sandbox, it doesn't let you control the world at all. The only difference between GW2 and other MMORPG's is the way quests are given.

     

    I seen the gameplay movies, and sorry but they look dull. The animations once again look clunky as they where in GW1. The entire game breaths "another boring korean game that promises a lot but isn't gonna live up the hype". If you enjoyed GW1 good for you. Everyone should enjoy the games they prefer. But FFS stop these pathetic "I can't wait for GW2 so im gonna be negative about every other MMORPG" you guys become as pathetic as the Call of Duty vs BF3 or the Xbox 360 vs PS3 fanboys.

     

    SWToR not your game fine, don't play it. I see alot of people come with complainments here that are their own machines fault like a low FPS, sorry i play on the highest details and i don't notice any FPS problems. Sure there is lag now and then, it happens with MMORPG's it happened in WoW in the early stage, it happened in RIft, it happens in a lot of MMORPG's. But so far i only had that once. Also SWToR is a story driven MMORPG so i don't know why there is saying that this game is dumbed down. If you are a hardcore raider go to WoW, if you are a hardcore PvPer go to another game. SWToR is mostly for the stories, i know that is very hard for 80% of today's MMORPer that you actually get to follow a story. If you skip them then yes the game gets boring cause you miss out on a lot.

     

    If you like GW2 go say how awesome that game is in your GW2 posts but stop being childish pathetic fanboys who need to shout it in every freaking post. Grow up please.

    GW2 is gonna rock so hard that Geroge Lucas is gonna be playing it!



    And he would invite Spielberg in, who on his turn talks Shia LaBeouf over to play with him and Lucas. So there we are at the point that im rather in SWToR then GW2. Anything with Shia LaBeouf is doomed no mather how great the product is around him.

    You take that back..... right now! image

  • JorendoJorendo EdePosts: 263Member

    Originally posted by youngkg

    Originally posted by Thane

    bottom line: we got another fanboi hyping not released games, next!

    So his opinion is void because he put GW2 in his review?

     

     

    His opinion is void cause he just wanted to say how awesome GW2 is gonna be in his eyes and wanted to fire down another game just to say that. As seems a bit typical for a lot of GW2 fanboys lately. To burn SWToR down, just to add at the end that they think GW2 is gonna rock. GW2 has nothing to do with the subject so it has no place down there. Now his opinion is "SWToR is gonna suck cause i sure am love GW2 of what i seen". Something others done before him as well almost if SWToR makes them insecure about the amount of players GW2 will have *shrug* they are allmost as terrible as your typical WoW fanboy who is gonna play every new MMORPG just to shout in the general/public chat how much the game sucks compared to WoW.

     

    Edit: Don't get me wrong, people can have their own opinion about what they like and don't like. But don't post a dislike treath about one game just to say how much another game is gonna rock. If he had left that away people wouldn't feel like he is a person without a real opinion who just wants to shot how awesome his prefered game is gonna be. And as someone else said who is also gonna shout how much of a epic fail GW2 is after he finds a new target to sets his eyes on. That is the side effect whne you talk about one game first just to add how much you think another game will rule.

  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by youngkg

    Originally posted by Jorendo


    Originally posted by nowrnvr



    ~ bottom line I'm waiting for guildwars 2 to come out ,  3 realms against each other with objectives and not having to wait for a tank or healer should be a real bonus :) the videos look awesome as well as some awesome classes to play !!!!!

     

    O pfew i was afraid you where a seriouse gamer. But thank god you are another shameless "GW2 gonna rock im such a huge fan of that game already that im gonna say everything else sucks and it stupid cause GW2 is gonna rock baby oooh yeah" sorry im getting sick and tired of GW2 fanboys. GW2 is gonna suck hard, it makes a lot of promises but anyone who knows the studio knows its gonna be far from the game you people think its gonna be. Its gonna be a boring grinder, thats it. It promises sandbox, but what is sandbox? That you no longer have a ! and a ? above the heads of npc's but that quests happen in the world as you explore? That isn't sandbox, it doesn't let you control the world at all. The only difference between GW2 and other MMORPG's is the way quests are given.

     

    I seen the gameplay movies, and sorry but they look dull. The animations once again look clunky as they where in GW1. The entire game breaths "another boring korean game that promises a lot but isn't gonna live up the hype". If you enjoyed GW1 good for you. Everyone should enjoy the games they prefer. But FFS stop these pathetic "I can't wait for GW2 so im gonna be negative about every other MMORPG" you guys become as pathetic as the Call of Duty vs BF3 or the Xbox 360 vs PS3 fanboys.

     

    SWToR not your game fine, don't play it. I see alot of people come with complainments here that are their own machines fault like a low FPS, sorry i play on the highest details and i don't notice any FPS problems. Sure there is lag now and then, it happens with MMORPG's it happened in WoW in the early stage, it happened in RIft, it happens in a lot of MMORPG's. But so far i only had that once. Also SWToR is a story driven MMORPG so i don't know why there is saying that this game is dumbed down. If you are a hardcore raider go to WoW, if you are a hardcore PvPer go to another game. SWToR is mostly for the stories, i know that is very hard for 80% of today's MMORPer that you actually get to follow a story. If you skip them then yes the game gets boring cause you miss out on a lot.

     

    If you like GW2 go say how awesome that game is in your GW2 posts but stop being childish pathetic fanboys who need to shout it in every freaking post. Grow up please.

    GW2 is gonna rock so hard that Geroge Lucas is gonna be playing it!

    it's ganna rock so hard that it'll even make Chuck Norris play it.

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • youngkgyoungkg dallas, TXPosts: 357Member

    Originally posted by Jorendo

    Originally posted by youngkg


    Originally posted by Thane

    bottom line: we got another fanboi hyping not released games, next!

    So his opinion is void because he put GW2 in his review?

     

     

    His opinion is void cause he just wanted to say how awesome GW2 is gonna be in his eyes and wanted to fire down another game just to say that. As seems a bit typical for a lot of GW2 fanboys lately. To burn SWToR down, just to add at the end that they think GW2 is gonna rock. GW2 has nothing to do with the subject so it has no place down there. Now his opinion is "SWToR is gonna suck cause i sure am love GW2 of what i seen". Something others done before him as well almost if SWToR makes them insecure about the amount of players GW2 will have *shrug* they are allmost as terrible as your typical WoW fanboy who is gonna play every new MMORPG just to shout in the general/public chat how much the game sucks compared to WoW.

     

    Edit: Don't get me wrong, people can have their own opinion about what they like and don't like. But don't post a dislike treath about one game just to say how much another game is gonna rock. If he had left that away people wouldn't feel like he is a person without a real opinion who just wants to shot how awesome his prefered game is gonna be. And as someone else said who is also gonna shout how much of a epic fail GW2 is after he finds a new target to sets his eyes on. That is the side effect whne you talk about one game first just to add how much you think another game will rule.

    Are you insinuating that this guy is trying to pull a bait and switch here?...?...?

     

    yeah i kinda think so too image.

  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Dallas, TXPosts: 1,526Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by haibane

    Originally posted by Goldknyght


    Originally posted by biggarfoot

    I just resubbed and regret that decision, PvP is a joke, even the PvP sets isnt worth grinding for, as you get better stats on pve gear, the expertise only reduces the dmg by 10 - 15% and the stats you really want for your gear isnt on the PvP gear.

    As the OP already mentioned the WZ just get tedious and boring after a while. As to the PvE it gets old and tedious, the crafting isnt worth its salt, lvl 50 gear requires flashpoint grinding for mats, and this is where the game centres its selling point, Flashpoints, if you enjoy grinding them everyday then kudos to you, but I dont want to pay subs for a game where i am required to enter instances everyday to grind gear. I will play my month out and move on.

    And name one MMO where u dont have to do everything u mention'd you didnt want to do? All require grinding All are annoying when u have to grind. Its just do u like the game enough to grind. Me i wont grind ill just lvl to 50 make a new toon lvl to 50 make a new toon lvl to 50 and make a new toon.

    As you said "one", i'll just name EVE online. After if u like paying to eat the same soup everyday, that's your problem.

     

    Yeah ok there isnt a grind on EvE get over urself. There is a grind in all mmo's, any of them. Hell theres a grind in all games. You grind to get to the next lvl, to get to the next story arc, to get to max lvl, to get status, to get anything!!! Like i said its rather or not you like the game to continue the grind.

  • dllddlld GöteborgPosts: 542Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by nate1980

    Originally posted by Zekiah

    So...I take it some of you don't think that all the money spent on cut scenes and voice overs is enough to keep you subscribed? How surprising.

    Who said anything about SWTOR keeping us subscribed? It has taken me just over 4 days of /played time to get to level 39. I got there in about a month. I enjoy the story, so I intend to play through each class story once. I imagine this may take me 6-8 months.

    Now 6-8 months is great IMO, because no other game except DAoC held my subscription for more than that length of time. Most games lose me before the first month is even over. Who says a MMORPG needs to keep you subscribed anyways? What's wrong with staying subscribed for as long as the game is fun and then only returning to experience new things as they're released?

    I hope you realize roughly 90% of the content will be identical between classes on the same faction. Unless you have a history of 8 85s in wow or something I doubt you'd make it through playing all classes to 50, I'd bet most people will never go beyond 2-3 max levels with at least one on each side in the forseeable future (different perhaps when the level cap is 100 10 years later..).

  • trembulanttrembulant Renton, WAPosts: 101Member

    The game is not a "fail"...but

    The issue is all the people who complain all the time about mmos just haven't realized yet that they are SICK OF MMO's, Seriously the Genre has run it's course, esspecially at a certain age when you've played them since their inceprion. It's just old news. No MMo's are really going to break much of a mold anymore because there isn't much they can do beyond, Quest, Killl, Gather, Craft. There's only so much that can be done with them.

    The best they can do is have an engaging story - SW:TOR Has that. But after than it's pretty much Fin.

    MMo's will keep comming out for the next generation of kids who haven't played an MMo, and they will buy it and play them. Your time with them is probably done. Accept it and get a new hobby, life is short.

     

  • ValuaValua LiverpoolPosts: 520Member

    Once again a post about Star Wars with more mentions of Guild Wars 2.

     

    People are seriously hyping up Guild Wars 2, you're only leading yourselves to a dissapointment.

     

    No MMO, ever, has ever lived up to its expectations.

     

    Guild Wars 2 isn't God, I hope it meets up to its expectations, but I don't think it will.

     

    On topic - Star Wars The Old Republic isn't a great game NOW, but wait a few months and it will be good.

     

    If you guys seriously base an your perceptions of an MMO on it's release, and the month following, then you haven't been playing MMO's for long.

     

    You give an MMO a few months after launching before judging, it's just how things work in the MMO genre. Look at every single MMO ever released, even the ones you consider good now weren't as good when they were first released.

     

    Anyway that's my opinion. I'm waiting a month or two before I try The Old Republic again, and I have no doubt that when I do try again Bioware will have a great MMO on their hands.

  • InFaVillaInFaVilla StockholmPosts: 592Member

    Originally posted by Goldknyght

    Originally posted by haibane


    Originally posted by Goldknyght


    Originally posted by biggarfoot

    I just resubbed and regret that decision, PvP is a joke, even the PvP sets isnt worth grinding for, as you get better stats on pve gear, the expertise only reduces the dmg by 10 - 15% and the stats you really want for your gear isnt on the PvP gear.

    As the OP already mentioned the WZ just get tedious and boring after a while. As to the PvE it gets old and tedious, the crafting isnt worth its salt, lvl 50 gear requires flashpoint grinding for mats, and this is where the game centres its selling point, Flashpoints, if you enjoy grinding them everyday then kudos to you, but I dont want to pay subs for a game where i am required to enter instances everyday to grind gear. I will play my month out and move on.

    And name one MMO where u dont have to do everything u mention'd you didnt want to do? All require grinding All are annoying when u have to grind. Its just do u like the game enough to grind. Me i wont grind ill just lvl to 50 make a new toon lvl to 50 make a new toon lvl to 50 and make a new toon.

    As you said "one", i'll just name EVE online. After if u like paying to eat the same soup everyday, that's your problem.

     

    Yeah ok there isnt a grind on EvE get over urself. There is a grind in all mmo's, any of them. Hell theres a grind in all games. You grind to get to the next lvl, to get to the next story arc, to get to max lvl, to get status, to get anything!!! Like i said its rather or not you like the game to continue the grind.

    A significant amount of  single player has very little or no grind whatsoever. "Grind" is just one method MMORPGS use to deal with the fact that they can't compete qualitiywise with single player games on a hourly basis, so they have to artificially extend the experience by adding a grind.

  • InFaVillaInFaVilla StockholmPosts: 592Member

    Originally posted by trembulant

    The game is not a "fail"...but

    The issue is all the people who complain all the time about mmos just haven't realized yet that they are SICK OF MMO's, Seriously the Genre has run it's course, esspecially at a certain age when you've played them since their inceprion. It's just old news. No MMo's are really going to break much of a mold anymore because there isn't much they can do beyond, Quest, Killl, Gather, Craft. There's only so much that can be done with them.

    The best they can do is have an engaging story - SW:TOR Has that. But after than it's pretty much Fin.

    MMo's will keep comming out for the next generation of kids who haven't played an MMo, and they will buy it and play them. Your time with them is probably done. Accept it and get a new hobby, life is short.

     

    Questing, killing, gathering and crafting can all be done in numerous different ways. The problem is that  modern AAA MMORPGs have used too similar systems in such way that it is very easy for a player to get a "deja vu" feeling. GW2, Archage and TSW will hopely add some much needed variation into the genre.

  • InFaVillaInFaVilla StockholmPosts: 592Member

    Originally posted by Valua

    Once again a post about Star Wars with more mentions of Guild Wars 2.

     

    People are seriously hyping up Guild Wars 2, you're only leading yourselves to a dissapointment.

     

    No MMO, ever, has ever lived up to its expectations.

     

    Guild Wars 2 isn't God, I hope it meets up to its expectations, but I don't think it will.

     

    On topic - Star Wars The Old Republic isn't a great game NOW, but wait a few months and it will be good.

     

    If you guys seriously base an your perceptions of an MMO on it's release, and the month following, then you haven't been playing MMO's for long.

     

    You give an MMO a few months after launching before judging, it's just how things work in the MMO genre. Look at every single MMO ever released, even the ones you consider good now weren't as good when they were first released.

     

    Anyway that's my opinion. I'm waiting a month or two before I try The Old Republic again, and I have no doubt that when I do try again Bioware will have a great MMO on their hands.

    World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI lived up to peoples expectations as far as I remember. 

  • cinoscinos LondonPosts: 963Member

    Originally posted by nate1980

    Originally posted by Zekiah

    So...I take it some of you don't think that all the money spent on cut scenes and voice overs is enough to keep you subscribed? How surprising.

    Who said anything about SWTOR keeping us subscribed? It has taken me just over 4 days of /played time to get to level 39. I got there in about a month. I enjoy the story, so I intend to play through each class story once. I imagine this may take me 6-8 months.

    Now 6-8 months is great IMO, because no other game except DAoC held my subscription for more than that length of time. Most games lose me before the first month is even over. Who says a MMORPG needs to keep you subscribed anyways? What's wrong with staying subscribed for as long as the game is fun and then only returning to experience new things as they're released?

    100% of the people who have said that to me have been unable to make it past their 3rd alt.

    All I can say is good luck to you. 

  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz LeidenPosts: 287Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by nowrnvr
    I had high hopes for this game but after playing it for one month I have to say this game fails on many levels
    ~ bgs ... huttball x 10,000 cough boring as hell, also if you win it might not count as a win as well as skills not working and freezing up ....so after playing for 3 hours tonight and 5 wins my quest is till not done :......:
    ~ I know this game was not based on pvp but having no objectives in pvp in ilum other than a quest or two and getting valor which atm has no worth ... also killing players at their gate over and over is not very challenging.
    ~ I do agree that the quest line was alot of fun but other than that doing hardmodes over and over can get pretty boring, if you want to lvl up alts you might have alot of fun but tbh this game imo needs alot more to keep it going.
    ~ the servers are not balanced at all and playing against your own side in bgs and doing three bgs over and over again boring...
    ~ I have to say battlegrounds for people who like pvp are very boring.... 
    Did I mention boring ? =D
    ~ bottom line I'm waiting for guildwars 2 to come out ,  3 realms against each other with objectives and not having to wait for a tank or healer should be a real bonus :) the videos look awesome as well as some awesome classes to play !!!!!
     


    Only one non-pvp focused argument, and it's the one i just don't get.

    I've been playing for a month and so far my highest level character is level 18. I've only finished the starter planets and Dromund Kaas for my Imperials, haven't been to other planets yet. I don't really get how people have multiple level 50's already and are whining for more content...

    Then again, i have a job and a life other than playing games ;p

    As far as the PvP goes - Bioware never made a PvP game before, not even the first NWN counts for this. Multiplayer has always been an afterthought for BW games and for NWN it was meant as a cooperative game, not competitive.

    Hence i'd expect them to have problems with PvP, but so did every single other MMO or even game out there in it's first few months. I vividly remember WoW's first few months, or even years, being broken to hell and back (stunlock rogues and tbc druids anyone?). EQ and EQ2 didn't even have any PvP to speak of untill later. Aion is a particularly funny example of 'pvp'. Still is.

    Of course, broken is broken, i do not deny this. However, designating a game as having failed because of this even though even single other game went through exactly the same issues is a bit strange.

    Playing: EVE, TERA, BDO
    Played (more than 1 month): WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL, GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH, STO, TSW
    Tried (trial, up to 1 month): EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus

  • RamsaltRamsalt osloPosts: 20Member

    Just curious, why are people who play just a few hours a month investing time in a MMO? If Swtor had been an open world setting i could understand the "taking my time to level" argument to a certain degree, but the game is very linear and not in any way difficult. Easy to level and reach "endgame", even while waching every cutscene. MMO's is all about gametime invested, and you need alot of it. To much instawarp here, teleport there and to little socializing in alot of games these days..

    Maybe im just baffled by the fast leveling curves of the "thempark" mmo's. In games with slow leveling you allways strive to be very efficent while leveling, but in the "new" games it dos not really matter: You will be max level in 7 days played no matter what (well almost).

    I didnt bother to reach 50 in swtor played a few toons up to 35ish and coupled with the horrible fps and anoying bugs (that cropped up everywhere) i cancled before my free month was up. NOT my kind of game i guess. AO was my first MMo and i remember staying at certain level ranges twinking up and pvping for weeks on end because it was challenging. Twinking on gear etc: It was fun at level 5, it was fun at 15, it was fun at 25 etcetc.

    I miss the freedom in AO i think. WTB AO2 :P

  • trembulanttrembulant Renton, WAPosts: 101Member

    Originally posted by InFaVilla

    Originally posted by trembulant

    The game is not a "fail"...but

    The issue is all the people who complain all the time about mmos just haven't realized yet that they are SICK OF MMO's, Seriously the Genre has run it's course, esspecially at a certain age when you've played them since their inceprion. It's just old news. No MMo's are really going to break much of a mold anymore because there isn't much they can do beyond, Quest, Killl, Gather, Craft. There's only so much that can be done with them.

    The best they can do is have an engaging story - SW:TOR Has that. But after than it's pretty much Fin.

    MMo's will keep comming out for the next generation of kids who haven't played an MMo, and they will buy it and play them. Your time with them is probably done. Accept it and get a new hobby, life is short.

     

    Questing, killing, gathering and crafting can all be done in numerous different ways. The problem is that  modern AAA MMORPGs have used too similar systems in such way that it is very easy for a player to get a "deja vu" feeling. GW2, Archage and TSW will hopely add some much needed variation into the genre.

     

    No, it will stil be the same thing no matter how they dress it up, and people will see right through it guaranteed.

  • CoatedCoated Woodside, CAPosts: 340Member Uncommon

    Considering how much money was thrown at this game.

    Considering that they cashed in on the 'STAR WARS' title.

    Considering how much time was spent on it.

    Considering the backing/resources/knowledge they had at their disposal.

     

    Really, All of that for WOW in space? I would most definitely label this game as 'fail'.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.